Chapter 36

Caper's POV

I didn't mean to yell at Sabina like that, her heart is so big, that she's thinking about everyone at home, and the damn supply run. But right now I need her to think of herself, so that she can heal. I don't care about getting supplies anymore.

Harper offered to finish the run with the rest of the team, so that I could stay here with Sabina, and a smaller group.

After Sabina has healed, we'll head home.

Sabina also told me about the dream, or vision, she had when she was unconscious. I don't know what to think of this. But if she believes the they were real, then I won't say otherwise.

So here I am now, holding onto her waist while she's sleeping soundly on my chest listening to my heart beating. I love this girl so much.

There's a knock at the bedroom door. I look over, and see Izzy peak her head in. "Hey, just coming to check Sabina's injuries." She says.

"I already changed the dressings. She just finished eating some soup, now she's getting some much needed sleep." I whisper to Izzy. She nods, then silently closes the door behind her.

I turn over and place a soft kiss on Sabina's forehead, before closing my own eyes and falling asleep myself.

I don't know how long I've been asleep for, but I can feel something very lightly rubbing on my forehead. I slowly peel my eyes open. I'm met with the sun shining bright in my face. After blinking a few times, my eyes adjust to the light, and I can see Sabina's beautiful face smiling down at me.

"Good morning." She says softly, leaning in to place a chaste kiss on my lips. She leans back up, and goes to move out of my arms.

"Where are you going?" I ask her. She looks back at me, and points to the bathroom. "Do you need any help?" I ask her, standing up from my side of the bed.

She looks down at her leg, then back to the bathroom, and sighs. "I'm not going to get used to this any time soon am I?" She asks, letting a stray tear fall freely from her beautiful eyes.

I take her hands in mine, and kneel down in front of her. "I know it's going to be rough for a little while baby, but all that matters is that you're alive. I don't care if I have to carry you everywhere until you're able to walk properly again. I will do it." I tell her.

She wraps her arms around my neck, as I pick her up bridal style. I walk her over to the bathroom, and help her get settled. Her cheeks flush when I go to pull her shorts down before she sits to do her business. But in all honesty I don't really care. If she needs help right now then that's what I'm gonna do.

"You know Caper, I could have done that myself. You didn't have to pull my shorts down." She tells me. The only response she gets from me is a cheeky smirk, and a wink.

I walk out and close the door behind me, allowing her to have some privacy. I go out to the kitchen, and see Izzy standing there looking in the cupboards for something to eat.

"Hey." I say walking up beside her to grab my water.

"Oh, hey Caper. How's Sabina this morning?" She asks.

"Well, it was a little emotional last night, but I think with time she should be ok. Her wounds seem to be healing nicely. I don't know what I would have done if I lost her. Thank you for saving her life, I owe you." I tell her.

Izzy smiles at me. "You don't owe me a thing, just being there to get me out of that hell hole is enough. Thank you."

Sabina hops out of our room, on one leg. By the time I get to her, she has made it to the table, and sits down. I hand her my water, and she takes a huge gulp of it.

"It feels good to drink cool water." She says, before drinking some more. "So, since we are not helping with the supply run, what are we going to do? It doesn't look like there's much to do around here." She says looking around at her surroundings.

I look around, and notice that she's right. This apartment is very empty. "Well, I could see if anyone could try to go out and find some books, maybe some playing cards, and board games." Izzy says, before I get a chance to respond.

"They have to go out and get some more food too, so they might as well try to find something to keep us occupied. Since we'll be here for at least two to three weeks." Izzy continues. Sabina and I nod our heads.

Izzy goes out to find the others, probably to inform them of the plan. Just as she closes the door, Sabina looks strait at me.

"What do you want to do while we wait?" She asks. I walk over to her, and kneel in front of her. She places her hands on around my neck again, and leans in for a kiss. It's not a supper passionate kiss, but the emotion that she's feeling is there. She's feeling grateful, and happy.

She pulls away, and goes to stand up. Just as she stands, she flinches, before her injured leg gives out. Thankfully I'm in front of her, able to catch her in time, before she hits her head on the table.

"UGH!!" She groans. "When will I be able to walk on my own?! I hate feeling this helpless!" She exclaims.

I wrap my arms around her waist, and lift her up. She looks up at me, and I smile down at her. I start to sway, while holding on to her. Sabina smiles at me. The first genuine smile since being at the hospital.

Her eyes light up, before she leans her head down onto my chest as I sway from side to side.

"Caper?" She asks.

"Yes baby?" I answer.

"Thank you for not giving up on me." She says, and wraps her arms tighter around me.

"I would never give up on you baby. I don't know what I would have done if I lost you." I reply back to her, before placing her down on her feet. I lean down and grab her face in my hands, before I slam my lips against hers. Making sure to pour as much passion, and love I can in this kiss.