Chapter 37

Caper's POV

We've been here in this apartment for almost three weeks now. Sabina's injuries are healing well, and Izzy is working with her on some exercises that have been helping her gain strength in her leg again.

Over the last few weeks, Sabina has been starting to feel like herself again. I love how she's beginning to smile and laugh again. She's getting the spark back, that I thought was gone after the accident.

I'm standing in the kitchen now, so lost in thought that I don't notice Sabina walking in. Suddenly I feel her arms wind their way up my torso from behind. The feeling of her hands on my chest, and lips on my back, pull me from my thoughts.

"Good morning." She says in her soft voice, that's slightly muffled from being in my back.

I turn around in her grasp so that her face is now in my chest. She looks up at me, with her big doe eyes. The violet eyes shining perfectly with the sun streaming in through the window.

"Good morning, how was your sleep?" I ask her, while reaching down to grab her perfect ass. Lifting her up, she wraps her legs around my waist, and arms around my neck.

She leans her head down on my chest. I turn her around and place her on the counter beside the stove where I was about to make breakfast.

"I slept better last night, then I have in a long time. I think the nightmares of the hospital collapsing are starting to fade, or at least they're starting to not be so bad anymore." She tells me. "So what's the plan for today?" She asks, with what looks like a mischievous smirk plastered on her face.

"I'm happy you're sleeping better now. You're not tossing and turning, and waking up as much throughout the night anymore. As for today? I was thinking maybe going up to the roof. It looks like it'll be a beautiful day today. We could sit together on a blanket, maybe do some reading. Even just enjoy the day. We'll probably be leaving to go back home soon." I tell her before leaning down to kiss the top of her head.

"I'd love that!" She says excitedly. She leans up to capture my lips in her own kiss, before she pushes me aside so she can get down.

I grab her waist and carefully help her down. "You go get some blankets and pillows set up, and I'll meet you upstairs with some food." I tell her, placing a soft kiss to her lips again.

She quickly makes her way to our room to get stuff to bring up stairs.

While she does this I finish making breakfast, and make my way up to the roof. After opening the door, I notice that Sabina has set everything up. I see her laying on her stomach reading a new book that the team found for her.

I stand in the door way just admiring this beautiful girl in front of me. Her hair is off to one side, while her legs are bent up, and crossed at her ankles. She's wearing a pair of shorts so that the material doesn't rub against her scars. The shorts make her ass pop in a way that makes me want to squeeze it.

While staring at my love, I can feel myself starting to get hard. We haven't done anything like that since before we left Base. I'm not going to do anything to her unless she wants to. And even then I don't know how I feel about it. I love her so much, but are we ready to start having sex again?

I shake my head at that thought, and make my way to Sabina's side. She looks up at me, then sits up. I hand her the plates, and she sets them down while I make myself comfortable.

"I was wondering when you were going to leave the door way." She says, while leaning her head on me. I reach for an extra blanket to drape over our laps, then reach my arm around her shoulder to hold her close.

"I was just admiring you. You're beautiful in the sun, you know." I tell her. "I was also thinking about us, and how well you're healing."

She looks at me, confused. God, I hope she doesn't loose her innocence. She shakes her head and grabs her plate, making me chuckle.

"What's so funny, Caper?" She asks.

"You are." I reply, before taking a bite of my own food.

Breakfast is a quiet affair, like it always is lately. After we finish eating, I pick up the book that I was reading before, while Sabina makes herself comfortable laying on my lap, to read her own book.

"What's you new book about?" I ask her. All I know about it, is that the cover is a dark blue, with what looks like a tree with flowers on it.

"Well, it's about two teens with cystic fibrosis dealing with first love and the uncertainty of their futures." She replies.

I look down at her, and she shows me the cover. "It's called Five Feet Apart. It's really good so far, but I don't think it's your kind of book." She continues.

After what feels like hours. I feel Sabina stir. "Caper?" She asks.

"Yeah?" I reply.

"Now that I'm mostly healed, can we try something?" She asks.

"What is it that you want to try?" I ask back.

Before I know what's going on, Sabina is straddling my lap. She's kneeling on the ground with both of her legs on either side of me. Her arms are wrapping around my neck.

"Izzy is gone with the team to get supplies, so there's no one here." She says quietly, like she's too shy to tell me that she's ready for what's about to happen next.