Chapter 14

Sabina's POV

I start to wake up a little while later. I feel something on my waist. Not thinking anything of it, I figure its just my blanket that's bunched up there. I go to roll over, but can't. With my eyes still closed I frown. I decide that now is a good time to open my eyes. Before I open my eyes, I feel my head very slightly raising up and down.

I slowly peel my eyes open, only to see that I'm on someones chest. Then everything from last night, or I should say early this morning, comes rushing back to me. I asked Caper to stay with me until I fell asleep! I guess he fell asleep too.

A small smile makes itself known on my face as I remember how he had, and still has, his arm wrapped around me. I feel, I don't know how to put this, umm... Safe? Secure? I raise my head to look at Caper's, he's still asleep. He has a sharp jawline, and high cheek bones. His nose is perfect. I look up higher to look at his eyes, only to find them open and staring at me.

My eyes widen and I squeak, I literally squeak! I try to look away but I'm still tucked into his chest, his very hard, yet very comfy chest. He takes the hand that was resting on my waist and uses is strong fingers to move my blushing face up to meet his gaze. As soon as our eyes meet its like time stands still. It's only him and I in the world.

I don't know how long we stare at each other, but it feels like an eternity. He then clears his throat. And I'm ripped from my trance that I was in. "How was your sleep?" He asks me. I notice that his check blush a little bit, and I can't believe that the big and powerful Caper is blushing.

I smile up at him. This smile feels completely genuine. Like in this moment I am truly happy. "I wonder if this is what feeling attracted to someone feels like?" I ask myself in my head. "I slept great! That was hands down the best sleep I've had in years!" I tell him with lots of excitement.

I go to sit up and when I do I stretch my arms up, not thinking anything about my shirt riding up a little bit. Once I'm done stretching, I turn to look at Caper, and see that his eyes have darkened a little bit. I raise an eyebrow to him and then just shake my head.

I turn to the clock then and see that its 2:00 in the afternoon. I go to get off the bed, but in order to do that I need to climb over Caper. So instead of doing that, I look at him again. "Caper, do you think I could get up?" I ask him. He shakes his head as if he was deep in thought.

"Oh, yeah, sorry about that." He says back to me, and proceeds to get off my bed. I climb out of bed, and make it quickly before going towards my wardrobe. I grab two towels, and some clean clothes. I place the clothes on my bed.

I turn around and see that Caper is still in my room. I'm then reminded that Teagan told me that I should start looking for something that I'm good at, and making that my career. I decide that nows a good time to ask Caper if he can bring me around Base again, so I can find my career.

"Caper?" he turns around to look at me again. "Are you busy this afternoon?" I ask.

"No, I'm not. What's up?" He replies with a sweet smile on his face. I can't help. But smile back at him.

"Do you think you could help me find a career? Teagan said that it should be something that I'm good at." I explain to Caper.

His eyes light up, "Yeah, I can help you. How about we meet downstairs in like 30 minutes?" He suggests. I nod my head. He turns around and goes through the bathroom to his room. I follow him into the small room, and close the door behind him, locking it. I don't need him coming in here while I'm in the shower.

Just the thought of Caper coming in accidentally while I'm naked in the shower has my entire body heating up. I turn on the water in the shower. I strip out of my clothes, and head into the shower. I quickly wash my hair with the shampoo that Teagan gave me back at the hospital. Once it's rinsed out I continue to wash my body.

After I've finished in the shower I grab a towel for my hair. I wrap it up then grab the other towel for my body. After drying myself off I grab the body lotion from the medicine cabinet. I open it and it smells like pineapple and coconut. "Mmmmm..." I moan out loud.

After moisturizing my skin, I brush my hair and put it up in a quick side braid. I rush out of the bathroom and get dressed in some comfy black leggings, and loose fitting t shirt. I grab my room key and find a pair of sunglasses on the shelf, I grab those also. Once I'm ready to go, I run out the door, making sure to lock it behind me. I run down the stairs to meet Caper in the Common Room.

I'm not looking where I'm going when I get. Out of the stairwell, and I run strait into a wall. "Who put this wall there? It wasn't there yesterday." I ask myself. Then the wall reaches out and grabs my arms steadying me so I don't fall. I look up and see that it's not a wall, it's Caper. I blush furiously, embarrassed that I ran into him.

"Hey what's the rush?" He asks me, only making me blush more.

"I was in the shower too long, so that made me late. I wanted to hurry to get here so that you weren't waiting forever for me." I admit, and he just smiles at me.

He takes my small hand in his and we start to walk out of the Common Room. "So, you told me earlier, that your career should be something that you like." I nod, "Alright, Well then, what do you like to do? Or what are you good at doing?" He asks.

It takes me a couple minutes of thinking while he leads my through Base. Then it hits me. "I'm good at gardening." I tell him, "I'm also good at killing zombies, only because I had to be. I'm also very resourceful." I explain to him. And he says a quiet "mm hmm."

He guides me to an area that is all too familiar to me. The Agriculture sector. We stroll through the farm land. I see crops of wheat, and corn, and other grains. I don't think that I'd be good there. Because I don't know how to use the machines that they're using.

We continue on for a little while, until I spot a fruit and vegetable garden, there's a young lady working in the garden by herself, and I get intrigued. I take a closer look and notice that some of the plants are in pretty bad shape. I look up at Caper, "why are some of these plants in rough shape?" I ask him.

His face falls, and he begins to explain, "Well you see Sophia, over there," he points to you young lady on her hands and knees weeding a small section of the garden. "Her family is the one who used to tend to the garden. Her grandmother passed away a while ago, and her mother was umm... turned recently." He explains. "She still has her father but he works the fields." He says with a sad look in his eyes.

It's then that I decided that this is what I want to do. She shouldn't be the only one to tend to a garden that's supposed to feed an entire Base. "Caper, this is what I want to do." I tell him. He looks down at me and smiles.

He looks up and calls Sophia over. She stands up, and brushes her hands on her apron. She looks up and sees us and the smile on her face is a sad smile. She walks over to us. "Sophia, I want to introduce you to Sabina. She's new here, and has taken an interest in the garden. Would it be ok if she started to help you out here?" He asks her, and her eyes light up.

"Oh, Caper, YES! Thank you for finding me someone to help me!" She exclaims. She runs up to him and hugs him. He goes stiff. Something inside me wants to be mad that someone is hugging Caper. I don't know what this feeling is.

She lets go and reaches out to shake my hand. "This girl is very perky." I think to myself. "It's nice to meet you Sophia. When would you like me to start?" I ask her.

She looks up at the sky, then back to me. "Well it's starting to get late, how about you start tomorrow morning, how does 7:00am sound?" She asks me, with joy replacing the sadness in here eyes.

"Absolutely, I can be here for 7:00am." I tell her and she runs up to hug me.

"Great! So we don't work when it's raining, obviously. And on days when it's super hot, we only work in the morning, until it gets too hot for us to work." She explains the job to me, which really isn't anything that I didn't already know.

We say goodbye to her and make our way to the Dining Hall. I think at this point I can see myself making a life here. I smile to myself. With that being said I fall into step with Caper as we continue our walk to get dinner.