Chapter 27

Sabina's POV (Just after Caper leaves)

As Caper leaves the room, I get up to lock the door behind him. I turn and go back to the window that's against the wall. I sigh when I see that it's early evening. I slide down the wall, and make myself comfortable on the floor.

It feels like I've been sitting here forever. I decide to get up off the floor, and stretch my legs. I walk over to the door, and peak out the window. There's no movement. "I wonder what's taking Caper so long? I hope that they didn't run into any problems." I think to myself.

I decide that since it's quiet out in the hallway, that I'm going to unlock the door, and walk over to the stairwell. Caper is probably already on his way back.

I muster up the courage that I'll need to open the door against Caper's instructions. I step out into the hallway and slowly bring my katana out in front of me. I walk towards the stairwell door, when I hear something come from behind me. I turn around, and make direct eye contact with a zombie.

"This will be easy, it's just one." I say to myself. I walk towards the zombie that is at the other end of the hallway. I slice through this zombie like it's soft butter. As soon as it's head rolls to the floor, I look up to the left down another hall, and see that there are a shit ton more zombies that just heard me kill their friend.

The zombies start to stumble over each other in order to get to me. I stand there frozen in fear, just staring at them, as if they won't be able to see me if I don't move.

As soon as they're only a few feet from me, I snap out of it. I quickly spin on my feet, and book it the other way. As I continue to run down the hallway, I come to an opening where there are different hallways branching off.

I stop and listen for the zombies that are chasing me. They're close, but I have enough time to quickly catch my breath, before I continue down a random hallway. Hopefully there will be another stairwell that I can run down.

After taking a quick breather, I look back down the hallway that I came from and see that the zombies have gotten really close really fast. If I don't start running now, I'm dead for sure.

I take off running down another hallway. This hallway doesn't look like it's in good shape, but I continue anyway. Suddenly, as the zombies make their way into the cramped hallway, the floor starts to crack. "Oh no! There's too much weight the floor is about to collapse!" I think to myself, as I start to panic. I push my legs to run faster, but its no use the zombies are moving too fast.

Just when I'm about to give up I hear Caper. "Sabina Where are you?!" He yells out. He's not far behind me, probably in that opening.

"Caper, HELP ME!!" I scream back, but it's too late, the floor starts to shack violently. The next thing I know, I'm falling, banging against parts of the floor. When everything goes dark.

******

******

******

******

******

I finally start to wake up, slowly peeling my eyes open. I look around to see that I'm surrounded by rubble from the hospital collapsing. I sit up, but everything feels light, as if I'm floating. Then I look down. I see myself, but I also see a second pair of legs that look exactly like mine. I turn around, and gasp. I see me laying there trapped under a huge steal beam.

I go to try and lift the beam off of myself, but my hands go right through. That's when it hits me. I'm likely dead, or really close to death.

I quickly stand up, and rush out of this area. I need to find some help! I rush out back towards what I think is the main entrance. I don't have to worry about stepping over rubble, or around walls. I go strait through.

Finally I find the main entrance, where our team is all standing around Caper. He's down on his knees. I walk closer to them, and see that he's got his head buried in his hands. He's breathing heavily. I go to place my hand on his shoulder but, again it goes right through.

"I shouldn't have left her alone. I should have just brought her will us. It's all my fault. She's probably dead now and it's all my fault." He rambles on, as tears stream down his face.

At this point I have no clue what to do. I pace back and forth trying to think of something that I can do to maybe get someones attention. I walk back over to Caper, and crouch down in front of him. I place both my hands on his, and hope that maybe, just maybe he can sense that I'm here with him.

Unfortunately nothing happens. "Ugh!" I groan out loud. Standing up quickly, I walk back towards where my body is, when I pass by Izzy. She then looks in my direction. I make eye contact with her, and it's like she can sense that I'm here.

Not thinking anything of it, I turn around and start walking back towards my body. I hear footsteps following me. I glance behind me, and see that Izzy is following me, bringing her bag with her. It could just be a coincidence. I continue walking, and Izzy continues to follow me.

I get to the rubble from the building collapse. I turn around and come face to face with Izzy. "I can sense that someone is here. And I have a feeling that whoever you are, that you're in trouble." She says. I gasp at what she says. This crazy lady, can actually sense that I'm here with her?

Izzy moves through me, and shivers. She continues to squeeze through small cracks between the rubble. I make my way ahead of her walking through the crumbled building.

Izzy slowly follows behind me until we get to a smaller opening where my body lays, still under the giant steal beam. My eyes well up with tears at the sight of me. I look so broken.

"Oh my God, Sabina!" Izzy cries out, rushing towards my body. She bends down to try to lift the beam off of me, but it's too heavy for her to lift by herself. "Come on, you saved me. It's my turn to save you. Caper!" She screams out while moving the debris away from the top part of my body, but nobody hears her.

I watch as Izzy finally frees the upper part of my body. She bends down, and places two fingers to my neck. Likely checking for a pulse. "Oh thank God! You're not dead, but your pulse is very weak." Izzy says, probably to me since she can sense that my spirit is here with her.

Izzy rummages through her bag and grabs out some water, and some bandages. She starts to clean some of my wounds, and suddenly I can feel the pain of the wounds. The next thing I know this ghost of a body is being pulled back towards my real body.