Chapter 20

Sabina's POV

Caper's alarm goes off right as the sun is peaking through the window. I groan and burry my face back into my comfy pillow. Suddenly my pillow starts... chuckling? I lift my head to see what's going on when I come face to face with Caper's eyes.

He has a content look in his eyes. "Good morning Sabina." He says and leans his head down a little bit. Memories from last night flash through my mind, and before I know it I'm leaning up to meet his lips.

The kiss is like nothing else I've ever experienced. I feel the love that Caper has for me just through this kiss. I pour everything I have into this kiss as well. I bring my hands up around his neck and run my hands through his hair. Caper has such soft hair.

With the courage that I've built up, I break the kiss and climb up and straddle his lap. I lean back down and he places his hands on my check pulling me closer. Once our lips make contact again, I feel his hands run down my back, and settle themselves on my ass.

We stay like this for a little while, then Caper breaks away. "You know we really should get ready for the day. You have the garden to get to, and I have training. We have to go through some new recruits that I have to look over before we can make our next trip off Base." He explains while hugging me closer.

I roll off of him, and he gets off the bed. My eyes bug out when I see that he's not wearing any pants, just his boxers briefs. "EEEK!" I squeal, and quickly hide my face in the blanket.

I hear Caper walk back over and suddenly the blanket is being ripped off of me. Caper, has a devilish smirk plastered on his face. I find myself getting hoisted up over his shoulder. "AHH! Caper put me down!" I scream at him. I'm not really mad at him, considering I'm laughing while he's carrying me to the bathroom.

He doesn't stop in the bathroom, he continues into my room. "What are you doing Caper?" I ask him. He gently pulls me to his front and puts me down on my own bed.

"I just had an idea. And it's ok if you don't want to. But hear me out." He say. I raise my eyebrow at him in confusion. I signal for him to continue.

"Okay, you know how you were surviving on your own?" He asks.

"I'm trying to forget that Caper." I say.

"Yes I know, but how would you feel about helping me train some of the recruits? And maybe even coming on our supply run with us. The date hasn't been set yet. We need to train more people, because this is going to be our biggest run yet."

He continues to explain to me.

I think about it for a moment. But to be honest I do miss swinging my sword, and defending myself. I also miss the nature that I'd come across. I mean killing zombies was kinda therapeutic too.

"I will help you train the recruits, but can I think about going on the supply run?" I ask him. Just the thought of leaving the safety of Base has me nervous. But my skills from surviving alone, will be very useful in teaching the newbies.

I get up and walk to my wardrobe. I pull out my new active wear, that Teagan brought me a while ago. The black and purple colours that are on it, emphasize the violet of my eyes.

Turning around I see that Caper is still in my room, watching me with a lust filled eyes. He walks over to me, and brings his hands to the hem of my shirt. I look into his eyes, and lift my arms up so he can pull the shirt over my head.

Once it's off, Caper leans down and plants a searing kiss to my lips. He pulls away and says, "You're so beautiful Sabina." I feel my cheeks flush a little bit. Then I turn to grab the sports bra.