Help is Around the Corner

Addison and Derek's trailer catches fire, and Meredith offers them a place to stay for a while.

"Run!" Addison yells when she sees the smoke.

"Passports, Addie. We need passports!" Derek says, as he grabs them, before he exits the trailer.

"You went back for passports!?" Addison scolds her husband, as she takes in the wreckage that is (was) their home in Seattle.

"Well, we have them now, be grateful," says Derek, as he passes her hers'.

"What are we going to do?" says Addison.

"There's insurance," says Derek.

"In the meantime?" says Addison.

"We could stay at the hospital," Derek shrugs.

"We're always at the hospital," says Addison.

"Where else are we gonna go?" says Derek.

"I don't know," says Addison.

They get a cab to the hospital, and they scavenge around for spare blankets, and commandeer an on-call room.

Addison tries to talk Derek into a hotel, but he won't have it, so they end up spending the night there on twin bunk beds, wearing scrubs day and night, and having their meals in the cafeteria.

"I'm getting a hotel. I can't stand it Derek, not another night here," Addison says in the hallway.

"We'll be fine. Plus we're always here if they page us," says Derek.

"We're not interns anymore Derek. We can go home," Addison protests.

"I do miss home," Derek sighs, but he doesn't offer a solution.

"Are you okay?" Meredith asks them cautiously, as she overhears them arguing.

"We're fine," says Derek. "This hospital is fine," he gestures.

"We're fine Meredith, but this is not fine, Derek. It's not normal to ive in a hospital. It wasn't normal to live in a trailer either, but at least that was somewhere. And right now we're homeless, and we're crashing at our workplace," says Addison.

"Wait, why are you homeless?" says Meredith.

"The trailer had a fire," says Derek.

"The whole thing burned down," says Addison.

"We've been here for a week," says Derek.

"Don't tell Richard," says Addison.

"Come stay at my place," Meredith offers. "There's always space at my house. I have roommates, what's two more," she shrugs.

"Oh Meredith, we couldn't..." says Addison.

"It's okay Meredith. We have the hospital," says Derek.

"Now that I know you're living here, I can't un-know it. And Dr. Webber might ask me, and then I might crack. And then he'll know, and then he might get mad at you," Meredith rambles.

"So don't tell him," says Derek.

"I'm terrible at keeping secrets," Meredith says.

"Please don't tell him," says Addison.

"Come stay with me. It won't be any trouble," says Meredith. "And I think I still have your Museli."

Meredith insists until Addison and Derek finally crack, Addison under the promise of a warm shower, and Derek under the promise of getting his cereal back.