Help is Around the Corner 27

Addison and Derek's trailer catches fire, and Meredith offers them a place to stay for a while.

As it turns out, the patient is pregnant, but she also hit her head, so she needs a neuro exam, which of course means paging Derek.

"I'll page him," says Addison somewhat reluctantly.

Derek materializes a few moments later, not looking super pleased to be stuck on a case with both of his exes, but what choice did he have?

"What have we got?" says Derek.

"29-year-old female, pregnant, she hit her head," says Addison.

"Okay, I'll check to see her responses," says Derek.

"What happened?" says the patient.

"You were in an accident, you fell, and we're checking on you," says Addison reassuringly.

"Oh, and the baby?" says the patient.

"We'll check on the baby next," says Addison.

"Okay," says the patient.

"So far it looks good, but I'll check again in an hour," says Derek.

"Sounds good," says Addison.

"We'll do an ultrasound now," says Meredith. "The gel might feel a bit cold."

"Okay," says the patient. "My name is Pallas Gravel," by the way. "You can call me Pallas."

"Alright Pallas, let's take a look," says Addison. "Yes, it appears your baby is doing great," says Addison. "Is there anyone we can call for you?"

"Yes, my cousin," says Pallas. "Here's her number."

Meredith goes to call Pallas' cousin, while Addison completes her checkup. Pallas' cousin says she's on the way, so Meredith and Addison resume treating her superficial wounds in the meantime.

"Okay, distract me," says Pallas. "Tell me something funny," she requests.

"Funny?" says Meredith.

"Ooh, I know, do you have any embarrassing sex stories? That's how I got this injury. My boyfriend and I were... Anyway, I tried to push him against the wall in a sexy way but I missed, and that's how I hit my head," says Pallas.

"I see-" says Addison. "Well, I mean, one time my h- I mean, ex- and I tried to do it on the stairs and we fell down them," says Addison, winking at Meredith to let her know she's talking about Derek.

"Goodness!" says the patient.

"Yeah," says Addison.

"Well, one time, my ex and I got our feet temporarily stuck somewhere under the seat of a car," says Meredith.

"Hmm?" says Addison, raising her eyebrows at her.

"And then Bailey caught us..." says Meredith, blushing over the memory.

"Bailey caught you!?" says Addison.

"Not one of our... Finest moments..." says Meredith.

Addison can tell by the situation it's Derek.

She clenches her firsts at the thought of Meredith with Derek, and not because she's upset that Meredith slept with her husband...

"Thanks, this totally makes me feel better," says the patient, as she lets Addison preform an exam on her.

"Glad we can help," says Addison, as she shows Pallas her baby.

"The baby is so beautiful," says Pallas.