Help is Around the Corner 31

Addison and Derek's trailer catches fire, and Meredith offers them a place to stay for a while.

For the first few moments of being in the closet, it's awkward.

"Let me know if I'm stepping on you," says Addison.

"No you're not-" says Meredith.

"Okay-" says Addison.

"Wanna snuggle?" says Meredith.

"Okay-" says Addison, as she feels Meredith crawl into her lap, and Addison nuzzles Meredith's head with the tip of her chin.

Addison sighs contentedly, relaxed that this is all familiar to them. Cuddling. Being close. Feeling Meredith's breath on her neck. Feeling Meredith wrap her arms around her neck.

Why does it feel different now though? More... Intimate...

It's as though the heat had been turned up in here, and in the dark confines of the closet, Addison feels her heart start to beat a little bit faster.

She wonders if Meredith can hear it, the thumping of her heart as Meredith shifts her hips just a little so that she's closer, and it feels really really really good.

Addison is lost in thought as Meredith opens her eyes and stares up at her.

Their gazes lock, and Addison can't read Meredith's expression as her pupils dilate, and her eyes open wide, and then Addison notices that Meredith's eyes are darkening, and Addison gulps.

"Addison-" says Meredith in a low and raspy voice.

"Meredith-" says Addison, her voice deepening an octave without her even trying to.

Addison shifts her hands over Meredith's waist, and starts moving them up and down, and Meredith purrs.

She purrs under Addison's touch, and it does unspeakable things to Addison's body.

She's blushing, and she's grateful for the darkness right now, because she can tell that her whole body is flushed, and she's starting to sweat just a little bit.

Meredith is feeling equally disarmed, as she watches Addison's wavy red hair drapes her shoulders, and her lips, her red, red lips puff out just a little bit, and Meredith can see the conflict in Addison's posture; the lust and desire mixed with the care, and compassion.

Addison cares about her, and she cares about Addison, and that's what makes this experience all the more intense.

Meredith has wanted people before. She's lusted over them, slept with many... But few people have ever made her care, and no one has ever made her feel as deeply as she currently does for Addison.

Meredith moves her own hands up to touch Addison's face, and she presses her palms against the redhead's cheeks. They're warm, and glowing, and Addison is all warm, and glowing.

Addison's breathing accelerates, along with her heart rate, and she can hear Meredith breathing more quickly, too.

When Meredith brushes her thumb over Addison's jaw, Addison's breath catches, and she lets out a little gasp, and Meredith finds it incredibly sexy.

In all of Meredith's dreams (not that she's dreamed about Addison... Multiple times... Okay, so perhaps she has...), Addison has never felt this soft, and this pliant. This living and breathing and beautiful figure who can make Meredith feel totally safe, and totally off-kilter all at once (in a good way!).

It's dizzying, and mesmerizing, and Meredith is so captivated by the way that Addison is still stroking up her sides, and moving her hands to her back, the feeling of her pajama top rippling under Addison's fingers heightened by Addison's movements.