Help is Around the Corner 51

Addison and Derek's trailer catches fire, and Meredith offers them a place to stay for a while.

For the rest of the evening, Milo seems to understand that this is her new home along with the family.

"She's so elegant," says Meredith, as Milo leaps up onto the fridge from the ground.

"She is," Addison smiles.

"Doc tries," says Derek, as Doc manages to leap from the ground to the step, and has to crawl his way over stacked boxes to meet Milo on top of the fridge.

The two of them play together happily while the gang hangs out in the living room.

George and Alex are playing video games.

Izzie and Mark are comparing recipes; once Izzie learns that Mark likes cooking too, Izzie never drops it, and the two of them become very enthusiastic about feeding all 10 of them.

Cristina is hanging out with Callie, which is more of Cristina begging Callie to quiz her on medical questions.

And Derek is lazily reading a magazine while draped over one of the couches.

Meredith and Addison take this opportunity to take some time together in the hammock (because usually Doc and Milo are there during the daytime).

They swing, swing, swing as they watch it all play out, with the cheering, mixing, and all of the other shenanigans.

What Meredith enjoys most about now dating Addison is that she presses soft romantic kisses to the back of her hands while she holds them.

It's something that she's experiencing for the first time because Addison is doing this naturally, not because she's witnessed it between her parents growing up (even before she was 5 and her father had left them).

She smiles each and every time that it happens, and when she looks up, she always finds Addison grinning at her.

Meredith giggles nervously and squeezes Addison's hand back in return, and she makes a mental note that she'll do that sometime. Every time that she thinks about doing it, she overthinks it and blushes, and then she decides that she'll get to that another time soon.

"What are you thinking about?" Addison asks sweetly.

"You-" Meredith blushes.

"Awe," says Addison, squeezing her hand.

Meredith grumbles, and Addison hugs her, and Meredith sighs contentedly when she finally relaxes again.

They rock in the hammock, and they relax until they're so sleepy that they end up not waking up at all, and spending the night outside all tangled up in each other.

Mark and Derek wake abruptly to two sets of beady eyes glaring at them.

"Gah!" Derek yelps into Mark's arms.

"Well don't you look hungry," says Mark, chuckling as he reaches out to pet one of them, and then he thinks better of it. "Why don't we get you both something to eat..." he says, as he shifts, and climbs out the back of the couch so that Derek doesn't have to move, as Derek grumbles because Mark is no longer cuddling him.

"I'll be back," Mark smiles, and Derek nods before he rolls over on the couch and tries to go back to bed again.

"Okay," Derek beams before he falls asleep on his stomach.

Milo and Doc follow Mark into the kitchen as Mark sets out their bowl, and both of them ferociously devour their breakfasts as Mark starts up with cooking breakfast for the rest of the household.