Help is Around the Corner 11

Addison and Derek's trailer catches fire, and Meredith offers them a place to stay for a while.

Dr. Bailey stands waiting for the junior residents in the locker room as they all pile in together, exactly 10 seconds away from being late.

"Karev, you're with Burke, O'Malley, the pit, Stevens, you're with Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd, she requested you, Yang, you'll be joining Stevens, and Dr. Grey, you're with Dr. Shepherd," says Bailey.

"Okay-" the interns nod, knowing not to push it since they were already almost late this morning.

"Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd and Dr. Shepherd are in surgery together in O.R two, Cristina, Meredith, and Izzie, go join them," says Dr. Bailey before she redirects everybody else.

"I can't wait to see this case," says Izzie.

"I wish Burke would let me back on cardio," Cristina grumbles.

"Mm-" Meredith says, only half-listening.

"I'm so glad Dr. Montgomery requested me!" says Izzie.

"Yeah, I guess you're into working with the pregnant moms, huh," says Cristina.

"Yeah, and Dr. Montgomery is so talented," says Izzie.

"She is-" Meredith pipes in.

"Mer, you're not ranting on about McDreamy?" says Cristina.

"He's good, but we know he's good. It's a fact, and he always talks about it," Meredith shrugs.

"You're not excited to see your boyyyyyyyfriend?" Izzie teases.

"He's not my boyfriend," Meredith deadpans. "He's a liar, and I don't forgive him," Meredith clips.

"Good for you," says Izzie.

"So you'll be operating with your giiiiiiiirlfriend," Cristina teases similarly to Izzie.

"Yeah," Izzie flips her hair.

"Oh come on-" Meredith frowns, and finishes scrubbing, and walks around her friends. "Let's just go."

"Hello doctors, good to see you," says Addison, smiling.

Her hair is covered by her teal scrub cap, and it accentuates the blueish tint in her eyes, Meredith notices.

She can still see the lipstick Addison put on this morning, and the light makeup is just so pretty.

And Addison is concentrating on the fetal monitor, and she looks so graceful-

And Meredith should stop staring because she is at work right now.

"Dr. Grey, could you please come here and hold the retractor?" says Derek.

"Sure-" says Meredith, purposefully standing on the side that's closer to Addison.

"Dr. Stevens, do you see how the uterus is a bit distended," says Addison.

"Yeah-" says Izzie, as she leans closer to see.

"Dr. Yang, do you see?" says Addison, as she shows Cristina.

Meredith tries to lean closer to see too, but Derek steps in.

"Dr. Grey, focus on the retractor, I need to be able to see-" says Derek.

Addison shoots Meredith an apologetic look, and says that she'll show her after the surgery.

"Thanks-" says Meredith, smiling softly.

"So Addison, I was talking with the insurance company, and they said the money will come through in about two weeks, and we can start looking at houses in the meantime," says Derek.