Help is Around the Corner 24

Addison and Derek's trailer catches fire, and Meredith offers them a place to stay for a while.

"Do you want to talk about it?" says Meredith.

"Rr!" says Doc, encouragingly.

"I umm-" says Addison, before she starts crying again.

"Rr!" says Doc, pawing at Addison's hairline.

"I umm-" Addison repeats again. "I-" Addison starts to continue, but in the absolute worst possible timing ever, Meredith's pager goes off.

"Shoot, 9-1-1" says Meredith.

"Oh-" says Addison.

"Do you want to tell me before I go?" says Meredith.

"No, it can wait," says Addison, as she shakes her head at Meredith.

"Oh, okay..." says Meredith, as she reaches for her coat. "Damn, I forgot my coat," says Meredith, as she tries to find another one.

"Take mine, Addison mumbles.

"Thanks-" says Meredith, as she puts on Addison's coat and heads out the door.

"Goodnight-" Addison calls out as Meredith leaves.

"Rr!?" says Doc.

"Shh, Doc," says Addison, petting him on the head.

"Rr?" says Doc.

"So I didn't tell her, she was on her way out, I'll tell her tomorrow-" says Addison.

"RRRRRR!?" says Doc.

"Hey, I just had a breakup, don't give me a hard time," says Addison.

"Rr....." says Doc, as he crawls onto Addison's stomach.

"Thanks for being supportive," says Addison, as she lies on her back, astoundingly similar to the way Meredith does with Doc.

"Rr," Doc sighs, and puts his chin on Addison's stomach.

"You know, I thought it would be different. I thought I'd spend the rest of my life with Derek. And then I thought I'd give things a shot with Mark. But even after all of that, I never felt the same way as when I met Meredith. And now she probably hates me, because she probably thinks that I slept with Derek again, and of course, I didn't," says Addison.

"Rr," says Doc empathetically.

"And I know she's technically single, but she's got this thing going on with Mark, and I would never tell her what to do or anything, but I know from experience that Mark's not very loyal, and I don't want her to get caught up in that... Oh who am I kidding Doc? I want her, and that's why I don't want her to want Mark. I'm a married woman in love with her husband's ex-mistress, this is why people still call me 'Satan,' I really gotta get my life together," says Addison.

"Rr," says Doc.

"Okay, Ruler of All that is Evil, but still," says Addison.

"Rr," says Doc.

"I'll be single soonish," says Addison.

"Rr." says Doc.

"You're just taking my side 'cause I feed you," says Addison.

"Rr-" says Doc.

"Okay, and because you like me," says Addison.

"Rr-" says Doc.

"Don't tell me it's because you pity me-" says Addison.

"Rr-" says Doc.

"Fine, we're friends," says Addison.