Help is Around the Corner 34

Addison and Derek's trailer catches fire, and Meredith offers them a place to stay for a while.

Sunlight streams into Meredith's (and Addison and Doc)'s bedroom early in the morning, and it wakes up Addison first, and she opens her eyes slowly, and admires Meredith and Doc sleeping soundly.

She notes that Meredith does indeed snore quite loudly, and she's very happy that this particular fact doesn't bother her.

She loves every little detail about Meredith, she loves all of her quirks and flaws.

Addison is lying there lost in thought until Doc wakes up, and grumbles because he's displeased with the sun being so bright in the morning, and he starts burrowing himself under the blankets in order to avoid it.

"Rr..." says Doc.

"Morning Doc," says Addison.

"Rr..." says Doc, clearly not wanting to engage in a conversation with anyone at this hour.

Addison chuckles, and tucks Doc's head under the covers as she stares at Meredith again, and then reaches out to stroke her face, and her hair, and appreciate her more.

She thinks she'd be happy just staring at Meredith for a little while longer.

It's a very pleasant morning activity.

Addison was content to let Meredith sleep in a little longer when Cristina barges into the room.

"I need to talk to her-" says Meredith.

"Okay, I'll go get some coffee," says Addison, unthreatened.

She knows that she and Meredith are best friends, and that they often rant in the mornings.

"Mer, wake up!" says Cristina.

"Mm- Sleeping!" says Meredith, firmly pulling the covers over her head, and also Doc.

"I gotta talk to you!" says Cristina.

"Fine..." says Meredith, as she untucks herself from the blankets, hence uncovering Doc, who is irritated by this, and paws at the covers until he's underneath them all again.

"So Burke's out with George, and they're best friends now, or maybe they always were. He likes George's coffee better than mine. He likes George's company better than mine. Is George a better girlfriend than I am?" says Cristina.

"I don't know, are they like, y'know..." Meredith gestures.

"No!" says Cristina.

"Then he's not a better girlfriend than you are," says Meredith.

"Fine," says Cristina. "I know it's good that he has friends and all. I just wish I was the first person he'd want to see in the morning," says Cristina.

"Hey, don't take it personally. You're my best friend and I love you but I was looking forward to seeing Addison in the morning," says Meredith.

"Because you're lesbians," Cristina smiles.

"Well, I don't know about lesbian-lesbians, but we're somewhere in that ballpark..." says Meredith, smiling.

"Oh my goodness! You two did it! Finally!" says Cristina.

"Sh!" says Meredith. "We didn't 'do it, do it,' we only talked about it, and not like 'it-it,' just like, about 'us-us,' and stuff-" says Meredith.

"So you talked about how you wanted to be an 'us,' with Addison?" says Cristina.

"Yeah..." says Meredith.