Help is Around the Corner 10

Addison and Derek's trailer catches fire, and Meredith offers them a place to stay for a while.

Eventually, they have to get up though. Meredith expects to be woken up by her alarm, but before it goes off, Derek comes rushing into the room telling Addison she's needed for one of their surgeries.

Meredith sighs remembering that Addison's got a husband, and that she seems at least half-happy to see him (but that could just be about surgery, right?).

"We've got to go, I've got to operate, and I need you to monitor the baby," says Derek urgently.

"On my way!" says Addison, as she hops out of bed, leaving Meredith under the covers next to Doc.

"Were you sleeping with Meredith?" Meredith can hear Derek say from outside the door.

"We've been sharing a bed for weeks now?" says Addison.

"Yeah, but were you sleeping-sleeping with her?" asks Derek.

"We were asleep, if that's what you mean," says Addison. "We weren't like, fake-sleeping," she shrugs.

"Oh... Okay..." says Derek.

"Why?" asks Addison.

"Oh nothing, it's just that Cristina keeps joking about you two being lesbians, and Alex keeps mentioning... It's nothing, I was just wondering," says Derek.

Addison giggles, and then they're too far away for Meredith to hear Addison's answer, no matter how much she tries to.

So maybe Derek's onto them. Or onto her, rather, because she's the one who's been having these inappropriate lesbionic fantasies.

Perhaps she could blame Alex and Cristina too, if it ever came to it, for putting these thoughts in her brain.

Anyway, Meredith sighs, as she gets up, no longer happily encased by Addison's body. She gets dressed, and heads downstairs to find Izzie making waffles, and George eating cereal, much to the dismay of Izzie (who is trying to make him eat the waffles she just made for him), and Alex eating waffles with his hands without using a plate either.

Meredith smiles, and takes a plate off the top shelf, and hands it to Izzie, who hands it back to her with two waffles on it.

"See, this is how to eat breakfast," Izzie points at Meredith dramatically.

"Thanks, Iz," says Meredith, smiling at her for the first time in about a day or so.

Usually, she and Izzie get along, but since Izzie's been getting along so well with Addison, Meredith has been a bit ticked off at her.

She's not jealous.

It's not because she's jealous, because she isn't.

Meredith tells herself that over and over, it's just that Izzie doesn't need to lean in so much next to Addison, and she doesn't need to giggle at all of her jokes. It's just... There's no need, that's all.

That's what Meredith is thinking about over Izzie's waffles as she eats them with coffee that Izzie probably made for everyone also.

"Cristina, waffle?" Izzie offers, as Cristina stops by in the morning.

"Sure," says Cristina, as she takes one and eats it with her hands, albeit over a plate at least, before she pours some coffee from the kitchen in her to-go mug.

"So, how's it going with your lesbian lover?" says Cristina provocatively.

"She's not my-" Meredith protests for the thousandth time.

"It's going great!" Izzie interrupts her.

"She was talking to me, not you," Meredith growls.

"No, I was talking to Izzie," Cristina smirks, and she winks at Izzie.

"Why, you have a lesbian lover?" says Meredith.

"Yeah, Addison and I, we're getting pretty close," says Izzie.

"What!?" Meredith stomps, and crosses her arms over her chest, and pouts all at once. "She's married, you know. And she's a nice person. You can't just jerk her around, you have Alex-" says Meredith.

"Dude, I'm totally fine with it," says Alex.

"Yeah but what if she isn't. It's unkind. And wait how do you even know Addison's a lesbian?" Meredith wonders aloud.

"Just a feeling," Cristina shrugs.

"And she's totally into me," Izzie smiles on purpose.

"Ugh-" says Meredith.

"What, are you jealous?" says Alex.

"NO!" Meredith actually jumps up, and stomps on the floor, and shoves her plate back into Izzie's hands. "I'm not jealous thank you very much, you just mind your own business, and be nice to Addison, she's our guest, but not like 'get in her pants nice,' that's not the point here, and by the way Izzie, your waffles were tasty!" Meredith huffs, as she picks up her bag, and heads out the door, slamming the door behind her.

"She's totally jealous!" says Izzie, the moment Meredith leaves the house.

"Dude, I thought you were screwed with that plan, but it seems to be workin'," says Alex.

"Am I a genius or what!?" says Cristina.

"Oh, sorry, I forgot I have to drive you all," says Meredith, as she opens her front door again.

"We're coming-" Alex and Izzie and Cristina say in unison, resuming their previous expressions.

"So is Addison REALLY a lesbian?" Meredith whispers to Izzie, as she gets in the car.

Izzie bursts out laughing, and just winks at her cryptically, and Meredith rolls her eyes at her again, while Cristina and Alex high-five in the back seat.

*

*

*

*

*

***** END OF CHAPTER 10