Help is Around the Corner 2

Addison and Derek's trailer catches fire, and Meredith offers them a place to stay for a while.

"So how's it going with the Shepherd's in the shack?" Alex teases Meredith when she arrives at the hospital with everyone in two.

"Pretty good actually," Meredith smiles.

"So have you had your McThreesome already or-?" Addison smirks at her.

"Alex!?" Meredith scoffs.

"What? I mean, you did him, and you like her, so why the hell not?" says Alex.

"I don't like her like that," Meredith protests.

"Well, you're sure acting like you do, you could have fooled me," says Alex.

"We were one chair short," says Meredith, smiling as she remembers sitting on Addison's lap during dinner, with Addison's arms securely around her waist when Callie came over.

"She's in your bed every night," says Alex.

"She's cozy," Meredith shrugs.

"You two are practically codependent," says Alex.

"Says you, who's constantly fawning over Izzie," says Meredith.

"Yeah, because I like Izzie," says Alex. "And at least I can admit it."

"We're not codependent," Meredith rolls her eyes at Alex, before she walks away from him

"You say that now," Alex chuckles, as if he knows something that Meredith doesn't.

Meredith sticks her tongue out at him as they head in for rounds.

"Cristina, you're with Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd this morning," says Bailey.

"Could I be with Dr. Burke this morning!?" says Cristina.

"No," says Bailey.

"Fine," says Cristina, as she heads off towards Addison.

"George, you're with Shepherd," says Bailey, and George runs off towards him.

"Alex, Dr. Burke," says Bailey, and he nods.

"And Meredith, the pit," says Bailey, and Meredith heads there, hoping to find herself a surgical case.

When she gets there, Meredith finds a patient with something stuck in her eye, who she helps, and then an emergent pregnant patient comes in.

Meredith smiles to herself as she pages Dr. Montgomery-Shepherd.

"That other doctor that you're paging, good doctor?" says the patient.

"The best, she's the best," says Meredith.

"Why thank you," says Addison, as she appears behind Meredith.

Meredith blushes a little, as Addison joins them, and Cristina who appears right behind her gives Meredith a funny look.

"Mrs. Frazer, your baby is still a bit premature, but we might have to deliver it today," says Addison.

"Oh, alright," says the patient.

"Dr. Yang, book an O.R, and Dr. Grey, you join us if you'd like," says Addison.

"Yes please," says Meredith excitedly.

"Alright then," says Addison. "We'll do this in the afternoon."

Lunch time comes around at an odd hour after Mrs. Frazer's labs, so Meredith and Addison, and Cristina have it together in the cafeteria.

Addison hands Meredith a Tupperware container, and Meredith beams at her, and says "you're a lifesaver," to Addison.

"Lesbians," Cristina mutters under her breath.

"Shh, why do you keep saying that?" says Meredith.

"What?" says Addison, and Meredith rolls her eyes at Cristina.

"Ooh, what do you have for lunch, that looks good," says Meredith.

"I think it's an omelet," says Cristina.

"You look like you have a lovely lunch too," says Addison.

"Yeah, Burke made it for me," says Cristina.

"See, I'm not the only one with homemade lunches, so you don't get to tease," says Meredith.

"Burke and I had sex three times last night, that's why he made me my lunch," says Cristina.

"Izzie used to make our lunches, and we weren't sleeping with Izzie," Meredith counters.

"That's because Izzie went through a compulsive cooking phase and she needed us to inhale her final products," says Cristina.

"She's just being nice," Meredith smiles.

"Did you make lunches for George and Izzie and Alex?" says Cristina.

"No," says Addison.

"Because Meredith is special?" Cristina asks Addison while wiggling her eyebrows at her.

"Because Meredith would starve otherwise," says Addison, poking Meredith under the ribs.

"Hey!" Meredith giggles because it tickles. "It's probably true though."

"As I said, lesbians," Cristina says louder so even Addison can hear her.

"Lunch doesn't make us lesbians," Addison chuckles.

"We'd make good lesbians though," Meredith giggles.

"We would," says Addison.

Cristina just laughs, as Meredith and Addison keep eating their omelets, and Meredith glares at Cristina for bringing this up again.

*

*

*

*

*

***** FIN