Help is Around the Corner 25

Addison and Derek's trailer catches fire, and Meredith offers them a place to stay for a while.

Meredith rushes into the hospital, followed by George, Cristina, and Burke.

"Cardio trauma. Looks like a big one!" says Cristina.

"You're excited?" says Burke.

"Uh, yeah!" says Cristina.

"But we were about to-" says Burke.

"Oh this is even better than that," says Cristina.

"Right..." says Burke.

"What have we got?" says George, changing the subject.

"57 year old male with a penetrating chest wound," says the paramedic.

"Whoa," says Meredith. "Is that a tuba!?" she adds.

"It was a car crash," says the paramedic. "He got impaled."

"Let's bring him up," says Burke.

"Sounds good," says the paramedic, as she helps them bring the patient to the trauma bay.

"Alright, Grey, order labs. Yang, you can get the EEG, and O'Malley, can you see if there was anyone else in the crash?" says Burke.

"On it," says Cristina, and George runs off to check up on other potential patients.

Meredith runs to get labs, as she wonders inside her head what Addison was about to tell her before she had to leave for work.

She thinks about all the things she'd said to Addison, like sending her to have sex with Derek, and how she practically kicked her out of her bed.

She really has to get a handle on her emotions!

Meredith picks up the labs and runs them back to Burke, who sighs.

"It's going to be a long night," says Burke. " I hope you didn't have any other plans."

"Not really," Meredith shrugs, even though she'd much rather be at home, in her bed, along with Addison.

"Alright then," says Burke, as he offers for three of them to scrub in on the patient's surgery.

Throughout the procedure, Burke and George catch up on all of their own gossip, as they discuss the top ten Eugene Foote albums, along with jazz music topics, and running plans.

"Hey maybe sometime Callie's working you could stay at our place and we could go running there," says George.

"Sure, what's another," Meredith laughs.

"Okay, well then I guess I'll stay over too," says Cristina.

"You can always stay over," says Meredith.

"Sounds good, are you up for ten miles tomorrow, O'Malley?" says Burke.

"Yes sir," says George. "And then we can get cappuccinos!"

"Yes, cappuccinos," says Burke.

"Can you bring some to the house?' says Meredith.

"Sure," says George.

"Addison likes hers with extra whipped cream," says Meredith.

"You know her coffee order?" says Burke.

"We're roommates," says Meredith.

"Do you know my coffee order?" says George.

"Cappuccino," says Meredith.