Help is Around the Corner 35

Addison and Derek's trailer catches fire, and Meredith offers them a place to stay for a while.

The moment they get to work, Richard Webber asks Addison and Derek to follow him.

"Your lawyers are here-" he points to the conference room.

"Excellent," says Derek bitterly.

"Thank you, Richard," says Addison, as she follows Derek.

Meredith watches them go in, and stares longingly at Addison before Richard interrupts her.

"Meredith, you have patients to see," says Richard.

"You do, room 3042," says Dr. Bailey.

"Yes, Dr. Bailey," says Meredith, as she blushes.

"Fools in love," Dr. Bailey shakes her head as she directs the other interns.

"What?" says Richard.

"Oh, nothing," says Bailey.

"Does this have something to do with Derek complaining about not being Meredith Grey the other day?" says Richard.

"I'm not answering that," says Bailey. "Stevens, you're with Dr. Sloan, Karev, you're with Dr. Burke, O'Malley, you're with the Chief," says Bailey.

"Yes Dr. Bailey," the other interns say, as they scurry off to where they are going.

"I'll keep an eye on these two, sir," says Dr. Bailey, nodding towards Derek and Addison.

"Thank you Bailey," says Richard, as he heads off to his surgery.

"Fools in love," Bailey shakes her head again, as she goes to check up on some paperwork.

"Umm, Dr. Bailey, who am I with?" says Meredith.

"You? You're with me," says Dr. Bailey.

"And Dr. Shepherd and Dr. Montgomery-" says Meredith, hopefully.

"No, just me," says Meredith. "Those two have the lawyers to talk to."

Meredith nods, and follows Bailey down the hall to the pit.

"Now, are you going to be distracted all day, or are you going to be able to keep it together?" says Bailey.

"I can keep it together," says Meredith. "And I'm not a fool..." says Meredith under her breath.

"What did you just say?" says Bailey.

"Nothing!" says Meredith, as she keeps up with Bailey.

"I thought so," says Bailey, as she points out the first patient for Meredith to work on.

Meredith sighs in relief as she gives the patient a work-up, and she looks over her shoulder until Bailey is out of sight again.

"Your boss sure seems like she's on your case," says the patient.

"Yeah-" says Meredith. "Oh, sorry, that was probably inappropriate," Meredith blushes.

"I won't tell," says the patient.

"Thank you," says Meredith. "Lift your arms for me?"

"You're cute," says the patient forwardly.

"Oh, thanks..." says Meredith.

"Are you single?" the patient asks her.

"Technically yes," says Meredith, biting her lip a little as she thinks about Addison.