Help is Around the Corner 37

Addison and Derek's trailer catches fire, and Meredith offers them a place to stay for a while.

Meredith wakes up to Addison gently placing little kisses on her shoulders.

"Good morning," Meredith giggles, as she wraps her arms around Addison, and Addison leans in, and kisses her.

"Good morning," says Addison, with a grin.

They kiss and rub their noses together and laugh until Doc wakes up, and opens one eye, and sighs, and hops off of the bed.

"Rr..." says Doc, as he goes downstairs to continue sleeping.

"Bye Doc," Addison giggles, as she kisses Meredith again.

"You're so hot," says Meredith.

"You are," says Addison, as she keeps kissing Meredith.

"Yo! Do you want breakfast!?" Mark bellows from downstairs.

"I'd rather eat you instead-" Addison whispers into Meredith's ear, and Meredith blushes profusely.

"You're bad-" says Meredith, as she bites on Addison's collarbone.

"Pancakes or french toast!?" says Derek.

"Pancakes!" says Meredith.

"French Toast!" says Addison.

"Meredith- Meredith-" Addison moans loudly as Meredith keeps nibbling and sucking on her collarbone.

"You like that?" Meredith drags her tongue along Addison's collarbone before meeting her eyes.

"Yes-" Addison hisses.

"Good-" says Meredith, as she dives in again, and kisses Addison's collarbone.

"Oh- oh- Meredith-" Addison gasps as Meredith bites hard enough to leave marks on her skin.

"I want everyone to know that you're taken-" says Meredith.

"Possessive much?" Addison chuckles.

"I'm very possessive-" says Meredith, as she moves to bite Addison's shoulder.

"Okay, okay, but Meredith, I'm a doctor, I'm an attending, I can't be going around with hickeys all over me- oh- '' Addison groans.

"But you enjoy them so much while I'm giving them to you," Meredith smirks.

"Okay, only where they're under my clothes-" says Addison, as she moves Meredith's head lower.

"That means you have to take off your clothes-" says Meredith.

"Right-" says Addison.

"BREAKFAST!" says Mark.

"It's getting cold!" says Derek.

"Damnit," says Meredith.

"Oh thank goodness-" says Addison, panting.

Meredith shoots Addison a look, and Addison kisses the pout off her face.

"We never would have gotten to work on time otherwise," says Addison, as she rummages through her closet to find a top that will hide all the bite marks.

"Here, borrow my scarf," Meredith offers.

"Alright," says Addison, as she wraps the scarf around her neck to hide all of the hickeys.

"Now come on, I want pancakes!" says Meredith.

"Bossy!" says Addison.

"Hey, usually you're the bossy one!" says Meredith.

Addison giggles as she and Meredith go downstairs for breakfast.

There, they find Derek and Mark wearing aprons, and putting the pancakes and french toast on a plate for each of them.

"Thanks!" Meredith and Addison say in chorus.

"Oh, this is good, try some," says Meredith, as she holds out her fork for Addison to try some.

"Mark makes good pancakes," says Addison. "And Derek makes great french toast," says Addison, as she offers some to Meredith.

"Yeah, it's good!" says Meredith.

"What's with the sudden cooking inspiration?" says Callie, who takes a half serving of each onto her plate.

"We got up early," says Mark.

"And Mark raided the kitchen," says Derek.

"I figured that I'd contribute seeing as I've been staying here," says Mark.

"You're always welcome to cook for us," says Meredith.

"Ooh, breakfast!" says George. "Hmm, this is different then when Izzie makes them," says George.

"Good different or bad different!?" says Izzie competitively.

"It's all good food, it's just different," says George.

"Nice, pancakes," says Alex, as he takes one with his hands.

"And french toast!" says Derek.

"French toast, nice," says Burke.

Everyone finishes up their breakfast before they make their way to Seattle Grace for another day of work.

Meredith and Addison keep holding hands even as they walk through the door, and Richard just passes by them, but of course, Bailey notices.

"You two-" says Bailey.

"Yes!?" Addison and Meredith say, as they separate themselves from each other.

"There will be no distractions, no flirtation during surgeries, and no preferential treatment, do you hear me?" says Bailey.

"Yes, Dr. Bailey," says Meredith.

"Yes, Miranda," says Addison.

"Alright, you're good to go," says Bailey to Addison. "And you, you're with Dr. Burke today," says Bailey.

"Okay-" says Meredith, as she gives Addison one last longing look goodbye before they part ways.

"How did Dr. Shepherd take the news?" Bailey asks in a caring tone.

"He took a while to get used to the idea, but he made us breakfast this morning," says Meredith. "All of us- he made all of us breakfast this morning-" corrects Meredith.

"Alright then," says Bailey.

"Thanks for asking," says Meredith, as she picks up the charts for Dr. Burke.

Burke seems to be getting along fine around the house, and he's getting along fine with everyone in the operating room. He lets Meredith perform a minor part of the procedure that she's learned from Cristina, and the rest of the case goes along smoothly.

What happens after is a little detour from Meredith's routine though, because she sprints to meet Addison, and this time, they don't head directly for the cafeteria.

"What are we-" says Addison, as Meredith all but drags her into an on-call room.

"I need you-" says Meredith. "I need your kisses, I need your touch-" says Meredith, as she kisses her way up Addison's neck.

"Oh- oh!" says Addison, as she wraps her arms around Meredith, and kisses her back.

Meredith brings them over to the bed, where they sit next to each other, and make out for a little while, teasing and tasting to their heart's content.

"We couldn't do that yesterday-" Meredith pants, as she places little kisses all the way up Addison's neck.

"Nope," says Addison, as she caresses Meredith's waist.

"I like it," says Meredith.

"Me too," says Addison.

And then she's kissing her again.

*

*

*

*

*

***** END OF CHAPTER 37