Help is Around the Corner 22

Addison and Derek's trailer catches fire, and Meredith offers them a place to stay for a while.

Meredith and Addison arrive home to find the house blasting music, with Derek and Mark talking with each other in Derek's hammock on Meredith's deck.

At least they're making progress with each other, Addison thinks idly to herself.

"Good evening," says Meredith.

"Hey," says Addison.

"I don't know if you want to go in there," says Derek, wincing.

"Karev and Stevens are-" says Mark.

"Ah-" says Meredith.

"I see," says Addison.

"Where are George and Callie?" says Meredith.

"They got a hotel room," says Mark.

"And Cristina is at Burke's place," says Derek.

"That makes sense," says Meredith.

"So you two are avoiding the noise," says Addison.

"Yes, well, we're not out here together by choice," Derek scowls.

"He's stil mad," says Mark.

"Right..." says Meredith.

"So, how was your date?" says Derek suspiciously.

Mark chuckles, and Addison tilts her head sideways at him, and Meredith bites her lip.

"Well, our dog walk and dinner was very lovely," says Addison quickly.

"How was your bath, Mark?" says Meredith, changing the subject.

"It was great. Lots of bubbles, if you'd been here, I would have asked you to come so you could keep me warm-" says Mark.

Meredith's eyes open wide before she remembers her plot with Mark, and Mark winks at her, and Meredith shakes herself out of it before she answers him.

"I bet you're as warm as you need to be all on your own, McSteamy," Meredith giggles forcibly.

"Okay, so I'm getting déja vu here. Mark, please keep your eyes off of Meredith. It was bad enough when you were ogling Addison," says Derek, clearly missing the point.

"I'm just lookin'," says Mark. "It sounds dirtier without the 'g,' don't ya think?" Mark adds crudely.

"Hey!" says Addison. "So you get upset at Mark talking to Meredith, but not talking to me? Am I invisible to you!?" says Addison.

"Wha- no, of course not, honey..." says Derek.

"Don't call me honey," says Addison.

Meredith narrows her eyes at Derek, and scoffs.

"Derek, you have a wife. A very gorgeous, long-legged, fabulous and intelligent, sweet and empathetic wife. So don't get mad at Mark for talking to me, because you don't get to be jealous over me if you can't see what's right in front of you!" Meredith crosses her arms, and taps her foot impatiently at Derek.

"Sorry..." Derek mumbles, and looks down.

"I'm going to check on Doc," says Addison.

"Yeah," says Meredith.

They open the door, and Derek looks bewildered behind them.

"My wife and my girlfriend just yelled at me on the same day..." Derek sighs and covers his face with his hand.