Help is Around the Corner 50

Addison and Derek's trailer catches fire, and Meredith offers them a place to stay for a while.

The first thing that the crew notices when they arrive back at Meredith's house is that their dog has made it onto the rooftop.

"DOC!?" Meredith nearly screeches.

"Rr!" says Doc happily, along with the neighbor's cat.

"Did the cat teach you to get up there!?" asks Addison.

"Mow-" says the cat.

"Looks like we weren't the only ones reaching new heights," says Alex.

"No kidding-" says Izzie.

"Do you think they climbed up on our house?" asks Cristina.

"Maybe they made their way up the curtains?" suggests Burke.

"Hey, we can join them!" says Derek.

"Yeah!" says Mark.

"Oh no, you'll hurt yourselves!" says Addison.

"Nonsense, I always used to sneak into his room as a kid," says Derek.

"He did. He climbed through my window," says Mark.

Callie coughs, and says 'gay,' at the same time, quietly, and George giggles.

"Look, they're coming down now," says Meredith, as she points to the cat leading Doc over to the neighbor's house, and down their balcony, to finally meet them.

"Doc!" says Addison, as she pulls the dog up into her arms.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"Yes, you're making friends," says Meredith. "Hello, cat."

"Mow," says the cat, as she leaps up onto Meredith's head.

The cat is constantly balancing on Meredith's shoulders for a while before Meredith puts her down again, and Addison puts Doc down next to her.

"Alright well, nobody here is allergic to cats, so I guess from time to time we can bring you into the house," says Meredith, as the cat follows Doc into the kitchen.

Meanwhile, Addison goes to knock on the door for the neighbor's house to let them know this.

"Hello," says the neighbor.

"Hi," says Addison. "We have your cat, she's friends with our Dog, she just wanted to play," says Addison.

"Oh, lovely," says the neighbor. "Actually... I have a question for you. You don't have to answer right away... But we're moving overseas for work in a few weeks, and we were actually looking for a new home for her. We won't be able to have her in our new place, and we wouldn't want to move her from her friend."

"So you're interested in having us adopt her?" asks Addison, rather surprised.

"Yes," says the neighbor. "Only if you'd be up for it."

"I'll ask my girlfriend," says Addison, smiling to herself as she says 'girlfriend.'

"Thank you," says the neighbor. "I can already tell that she is well-loved over there. Her name is Milo, by the way."

"You're welcome," says Addison. "She is... I'm sure she loves you, folks, too."

The neighbor nods at her, and Addison walks back to Meredith's place.

Secretly, she'd love to adopt the neighbor's cat, but she is nervous to bring up the idea because she's not sure if Meredith would be up for it.

"Milo!" Addison smiles, and the cat recognizes her name and comes to jump onto Addison's shoulder.