Help is Around the Corner 29

Addison and Derek's trailer catches fire, and Meredith offers them a place to stay for a while.

Meredith slips past Addison into the shower and takes a deep breath.

"Shoot!" That was way too close.

She just had a dream. A wet dream! About Addison! With Addison there!

Meredith seriously hopes that Addison isn't lying, and she wasn't doing something further humiliating, like moaning, or groping herself.

Anyway, it happened, and it was definitely an awakening for Meredith.

The sexual tension between them is impossible to ignore, for Meredith, at least, and she can't stop looking at Addison like she's a meal.

It's hard to focus on anything else. Except maybe how much she likes Addison. How much she cares for her. How much she desperately wants her to like her back.

Gahhh!

Meredith undresses herself, and when she goes to clean herself up, she realizes she's still throbbing. She's just had an orgasm, and she isn't near satisfied yet.

Biting her lip to keep herself quiet, Meredith keeps the water on while she reaches down to touch herself, picturing Addison's face the whole time.

She almost screams, but she bites down on her lip instead, and she places her hand over her mouth to contain the subsequent shuddering moans.

Once she finally washes herself off again (for real, this time), Meredith brushes her teeth, and gets ready for bed, even though it's unrealistically early, because she's exhausted- okay, exhilarated-, but same thing, right?

She slips on some soft pajamas before she dries her hair briefly with her towel, and climbs into bed again.

"Hey-" says Addison.

"Hey-" says Meredith, still blushing a little, and hoping that Addison will just attribute it to the hot water.

"Did you have a good shower?" Addison asks her, as she looks up from her book (the very same book that Meredith had been reading upside-down not too long ago).

"Yes, umm, why?" asks Meredith, panicked.

"Just asking, I thought it would be nice to ask. I mean, I wasn't going to ask if it was horrible, right?" says Addison.

"Right-" says Meredith. "It was good-" says Meredith, without elaborating.

"Good-" says Addison.

Addison turns back to her book, and Meredith just stares right ahead, a bit stiffly, a foot away from Addison in the bed.

"Are you cold?" says Addison.

"N-no," says Meredith.

"Okay-" says Addison. "I am-" says Addison, as she lays her head on Meredith's shoulder.

"Oh, yeah, " says Meredith. When Addison curls up next to her, she feels a dull shudder from her hyper-aware state from earlier, but she's taken the edge off, so it's manageable now. Meredith's insecurities melt a bit since Addison isn't asking her directly about her shower... Activities... And she pulls Addison closer, and pulls them both under the covers.

"I'm getting divorced tomorrow," says Addison, seemingly out of the blue.

"The papers went through?" says Meredith.

"Yeah, the lawyer looked at them," she says.

"That's a big step," says Meredith.

"Yeah," says Addison. "It's time, I think. We've been moving a part for a while, and the end is here," she says.