Help is Around the Corner 6

Addison and Derek's trailer catches fire, and Meredith offers them a place to stay for a while.

Meredith continues to eat her popsicle until it's finished, crunching it up nervously.

"Did you enjoy that?" says Addison, as she continues to suck on her popsicle.

Meredith panics, her breath catches, she clenches her hands into fists, and she whips her head around to look at Addison again, who is currently absent-mindedly still licking her popsicle.

"Wha-" Meredith says, confused.

"Did you enjoy it?" Addison asks her, pointing to her popsicle.

"What!?" says Meredith, her hands starting to shake.

"I mean, I'm enjoying mine," says Addison, as she takes a long lick.

Meredith stares with her eyes wide as Addison's tongue brushes along the lemon center of her popsicle, and she shivers when Addison groans again. She's so transfixed she doesn't realize she hasn't answered Addison's question yet, and all she wants to do is keep staring at Addison-

"I enjoyed it," Izzie pipes in, and interrupts them.

Meredith instantly snaps out of her reverie to glare at Izzie.

"Yes, it was great," says Meredith all too sweetly.

Izzie is leaning closer to Addison from the seat next to her, and Meredith wraps her arm around Addison, and leans them away to the other side. And then they're almost leaning on Callie (who is unaware of Cristina's planning), and Callie is just looking at them strangely but not leaning away so Addison ends up brushing up against Callie's shoulder before Izzie stops leaning and starts talking again.

"I bet yours tastes even better," says Izzie in a low tone. "Mine's cherry."

"Hmm," Addison considers politely.

Meredith wraps her arms around Addison possessively.

"Actually, I like cherry and all, but I really like lemon," Addison shrugs, not reacting to anything other than the words themselves until Izzie leans away again.

"I think lemon would taste delicious," says Meredith in her own low tone, not even understanding what's coming over her and possessing her to talk to Addison in such a voice. She shifts again so she can face Addison, and her own face shows mischief, passion, and some nameless things...

"It does," says Addison contentedly, as she wraps her lips around the ever-shrinking piece of the popsicle before she releases it again. It makes a bit of a smacking noise, and it makes Meredith bite her own lip and stare at Addison's lips again.

"Umm, do you want to try it?" Addison asks Meredith, squinting as she holds her popsicle up to Meredith.

Meredith lights up like it's suddenly Christmas as her eyes open even wider (if that's even possible, because they're gigantic as it is), and she whispers "really?" into Addison's ear.

They're so caught up in each other that they don't really notice anyone else around them, but if they had been looking they'd have noticed Alex admiring them with a shit-eating grin, George blushing at the sight and politely looking away, Derek animately debating with Cristina about the latest medical research while Cristina secretly gestures to Izzie to 'get in there,' and keep pursuing their plan, while Callie simply gets up and gets herself a second popsicle.

"Really," says Addison, as she passes Meredith her popsicle stick.

"Okay..." Meredith whispers, looking up into Addison's eyes, and noticing they're a little bit wider as well.

Meredith takes the popsicle into her mouth gently, and she slides it in fully before she twirls her own tongue around it, and pulls it away with a pop. She closes her eyes, and the thought that this is where Addison's mouth has just been dominating her senses, as she likens it to a sort of indirect kiss-

Kiss! Kissing! Meredith scolds herself internally for being so dirty-minded again.

Just because she's Meredith Grey, it doesn't mean she has to be thinking about sex all the time.

Seriously!

She sighs as she opens her eyes again, watching as Addison gives her an amused glance, and she squints to figure up what's up with that.

"That good, hey?" says Derek, chuckling obliviously.

"What?" says Meredith.

"You were moaning that loud, must have been good," says Izzie with a smirk.

"Oh no!" Meredith groans.

"I get it. It is pretty good," Addison chuckles again.

"Can I try it then?" says Izzie.

"NO!" Meredith yelps.

"Let her finish it, Izzie," says Addison gently, patting Meredith on the back when she's finished jumping in her lap. "There's only two bites left."

"Alright," Izzie concedes, as Meredith narrows her eyes at the other blonde.

And just to prove her point, Meredith sucks on her popsicle slowly to make it last longer, while Callie just tosses Izzie another one of the red popsicles in the same flavor that Addison had.

"Don't even bother with Mer, she sucks at sharing," says Cristina.

"Mmm- mmm- mmm-" Meredith grumble-protests over the popsicle.

"I wouldn't want to share it either," Addison laughs.

"But you did," says Cristina.

"But I did," Addison shrugs.

"Lesbians!" says Alex.

"Hey, that's my line!" says Cristina.

"Oh God," says George, folding his hands over his face.

"You know that's my wife, right?" says Derek.

"Oh, shut up, Shepherd," says Callie.

"Move over McDreamy," Izzie teases.

"We're not lesbians," Meredith grumbles reflexively, as she finishes her popsicle. Only this time she feels more like 98% sure about it rather than the 100% sure about it she had been the first seventeen times Cristina said it.

"You're all just jealous," Addison laughs, playing into it.

"Nah, just wait a few hours until they're in bed together," says Cristina.

Meredith gets excited at the mere thought of it.

*

*

*

*

*

*

***** END OF CHAPTER 6