Help is Around the Corner 41

Addison and Derek's trailer catches fire, and Meredith offers them a place to stay for a while.

After making out in bed lazily, Meredith and Addison decide that it's sleep time, and get their pajamas on.

They get ready for bed and curl up together as they always do, and chat and then say goodnight.

Later on, after Doc walks up the stairs and decides that Meredith and Addison probably aren't kissing each other, he jumps onto the bed, and positions himself on top of Meredith and Addison's pillows so that he's resting next to them.

They sleep for a few hours before Addison wakes up, and she feels hungry, so she gets up quietly, and unwraps herself from Meredith, before she walks quietly downstairs to get herself a snack.

Doc wakes up too, and opens one eye to look at her.

"Shh, go to sleep Doc. I'll be back in a little while," says Addison.

"Rr..." says Doc, before he yawns, and goes back to napping on Addison's pillow.

Addison heads downstairs to the kitchen, and she ponders what would like to eat, and then she remembers the nacho-flavored-nacho-chips that everybody seems to be obsessed with.

She didn't want to try them in front of everyone, but now it's 2am, and she's curious, and she's hungry so...

Addison opens the chip bag carefully so as not to wake anybody up. And then she takes one out. And then she puts it into her mouth.

And she finds it delicious.

"Damnit!" says Addison. She wanted to hate them so she never had to think about them again. What was it with her, always having a taste for the things she was supposed to hate in the first place!?

Addison tries to put the chip bag back, but then she thinks she was hungry anyway, so she might as well have a few more. So she does, and then she puts the chip bag away where she found it, and brushes her teeth, and heads up to bed, crawling under the covers again.

"Rr?" says Doc.

"I'm good Doc, go back to sleep. Goodnight," says Addison.

"Rr..." says Doc, as he settles down again, and they fall asleep next to Meredith.

Meredith didn't wake up the whole time, and Addison doesn't mention anything.

So nobody notices that any of the chips are gone until later that evening.

"Who ate them!?" says Izzie when she gets home.

"There's less than yesterday," says Mark.

"Don't ask me," says Derek.

"Or me," says Burke.

"I had some yesterday but not since then," says Cristina.

"It wasn't me!" says Meredith.

"Nor me!" says Callie.

"Nor me!" says George.

"What?" says Alex. "It wasn't me either."

"Well if it wasn't Addison..." says Meredith, completely not considering the possibility of Addison having eaten them. "Doc!?" says Meredith.

"Rr?" says Doc.

"Did you eat our chips!?" says Meredith.

"Rr!" says Doc.

"You say that now..." says Meredith suspiciously.