Help is Around the Corner 40

Addison and Derek's trailer catches fire, and Meredith offers them a place to stay for a while.

Meredith and Addison are making out on the couch until Derek finds them there.

"Again!?" Meredith sighs, as she reluctantly detaches herself from Addison.

"I swear I'm not trying to walk in on you two, but this is my hammock," says Derek.

"It is," Addison shrugs apologetically.

Derek motions with his hand, and Addison and Meredith vacate the hammock so Derek can sit in it.

"Derek..." says Addison softly. "Are you doing okay?"

"What do you care," Derek grumbles.

"Look, I might have broken up with you, but I loved you once, and you're still my friends, and I love my friends like friends and... I'm worried about you," says Addison.

"I'm fine," says Derek. "It's just taking some time to get used to."

"Do you want me to get Mark?" says Meredith.

"He's working, he just got paged," says Derek.

"Do you want me to get Doc? Doc always makes me feel better," says Meredith.

"Me too," says Addison.

"Okay," says Derek.

Meredith goes to fetch Doc.

"Rr?" says Doc.

"Derek's feeling sad, I thought you could keep him company," says Meredith.

"Rr?" says Doc.

"Mark's working," says Addison.

"Rr?" says Doc.

"Yes, here you can sit," says Derek.

"Rr," says Doc earnestly, looking up at Derek.

"We'll leave you to it," says Addison, as she leaves with Meredith inside of the house.

"Rr," says Doc, as he paws at Derek, and encourages him to talk.

"It's complicated Doc," says Derek.

"Rr..." says Doc empathetically.

Derek pats Doc on the head, and Doc nuzzles into Derek's thigh, as he contemplates.

Meredith and Addison that their kitchen has been taken over by everyone picking out their favorite groceries and eating them out of the fridge.

"Hey, save some of those!" says Meredith, as she discovers the others are sharing the nacho-flavored-nacho-chips. "They have to last a whole week!"

"You snooze, you lose," says Alex, as he holds the bag of chips protectively. "Besides, this is my chip baby."

"Make him share," Meredith grumbles.

"Karev, if you don't give her some chips, I'll pin you to the gyno squad for two weeks-" says Addison.

"Fine," says Alex.

"Thanks, Alex," Meredith smiles, as Alex hands her the chips.

"You gotta try them," says Meredith, as she dives into the neon orange-flavored goodness.

"Oh no, I already have high blood pressure," says Addison.

"You're a terrible infuence," says Cristina as she reaches for the chips.