13| Guns & Cookie

"W-where did you come from?" You stammer in shock.

It's the only question your brain can stammer out at the moment.

Yoongi—you think his name is—clicks a tongue over the edges of his pale lips, baring a darkly scintillating black piercing beneath his cupid bow lips. Holy hell.

This man is... wow.

"What am I supposed to say?" Asks Yoongi with a huff, "My mom's virgi—"

"Hyung," warns Jungkook with a shrill, cutting Yoongi off.

The man grumps, snapping his gaze to look at you through the rearview mirror. His eyes are each a drop of placid black ink, flicking between annoyance and amusement as he takes in your hideous appearance.

Torn dress, tangled hair, sweaty face. You honestly couldn't look any worse.

"So you're Y/N," drawls the owl-eyed man. "I've heard shit loads about you from Kookie."

You're not sure how to reply. If he was mocking you, then that's probably why he's grinning at Jungkook like a Cheshire cat right now.

But what intrigues you more is the familiar nickname. "Kookie?" You ask, eyebrows crooking up.

The name isn't new to you. Somewhere before you heard one of Jungkook's friends say it. At the corner of your eye, Jungkook turns his head away, supposedly avoiding any eye contact.

Then it hits you.

Your lips twitch, and you stifle a hearty laugh.

"Kookie," you repeat, turning to Jungkook before wiggling your eyebrows playfully at him.

A dangerous man like him having such a cute, goofy nickname makes you giggle. "See? Now I'm not afraid of you anymore. That nickname humbled you."

He stares at you with a sullen expression, face completely void of amusement while you're ginning at him like an idiot. He doesn't grin back at you. Of course not.

What an ass. 

Clearing your throat, you look away from the beast beside you.

Soon, music fills the car, the tune floating heavily through the awkwardness that surrounds the three of you. Silently, you follow Jungkook's curt directions as you drive with shaky, inexperted hands.

The song on the radio alters, muffled by the sound of sirens suddenly wailing in a distance. Your heart ripples with panic when you notice all the red and blue lights flaring behind.

Cops.

"Will you speed up?" Demands Jungkook with a grunt, "You're driving slower than a freaking ice cream truck."

You scoff at him before frowning. "It's just the cops," you state plainly. "Why the hell are we sneaking away from the cops? It's not like we lotted some bloody bank or—"

"Are you a fool?" snarls Jungkook. "I've been shooting to an extent that's way beyond self-defense. This will bring the three of us locked behind bars."

"I doubt it," you say almost immediately. "My dad's a cop. He'll bail me out without—"

"No one gives a damn about your daddy," spits Jungkook. "We're running out of time. Stop talking and drive."

Glaring at him, you ram your foot on the acceleration with exasperation.

The car groans, dodging past several vehicles until it occurs to you that you have absolutely no idea where to go. Jungkook had stopped voicing out directions to you.