Chapter 5

Y/N's POV

Me, my 3 childhood best friends, and Commander Pixis were standing on the surface of the 50 feet tall wall, making me feel nervous. 

I didn't have the best experience after living in the Infinity Castle, after falling at least 3 times a day in there. I really would be dead ages ago if it wasn't for Nakime.

Commander Pixis said, "Nope, still don't see one." He sighs and jokes "I really wouldn't mind being eaten, as long as it was by a stunningly beautiful lady titan..."

I raise my eyebrow, confuse, or perhaps even trying to process what he just said. Seriously? He really wouldn't mind death by a 'pretty' titan, now he was an interesting guy.

I decide to look down into the district of Trost and saw a wrinkly man, who I learned was called Captain Woermann, was staring at us. And yes, I can see him this high thanks to my demon eyes. 

Behind him, there was a huge crowd of people in the same uniform that Captain Woermann and Commander Pixis, and to be honest, I felt pity for them after seeing their faces, just standing there. 

Must be pretty weak then, when they haven't got to the worst part yet already.

Commander Pixis mention "I see... so you believe that basement room will give you all the answers?"

I look at Eren, seeing his face of determination and yet unsure.

"Yes..."

Silence filled the air once Eren had answered him

Eren broke the silence, asking "Can you believe me, sir?"

I mentally sigh, Eren, what the heck did you expect. He isn't going to believe you that fast after finding out you're a goddamn Titan, this universe's biggest enemy.

Just closing my eyes and listening, I can sense that Commander Pixis even has doubt in him.

"Even you yourself don't have convincing proof, so I think I'll just keep it filed away in my head for now. Still..." 

He looks straight at me, expecting me to do something.

I look towards Armin, his face full of sweat and panic. I don't blame him, we're up on a 50ft tall wall, with a commander, which was a big deal as it seems. 

"... I expect I'll be able to get to the bottom of it, by and by. 'Til then, I'll personally guarantee your safety."

I and Armin stare at Commander Pixis, who returns the look, while Mikasa and Eren both sent each other a face of mistrust. 

"Trainee Armin, is it?"

Armin, face full of panic, shouts "Yes sir!"

Commander Pixis, ask Armin something I wouldn't have to expect him to ask the poor boy "Earlier, you mentioned that if we used the "titan's power" or what-have-you, it would be possible to recapture this town, Trost District, do you really believe that? Or were you just desperate to stay alive?" 

I quietly growl, annoyed why someone would ask Armin that. We're all young, of course, we would want to survive and live!

"It was..."

Everyone had their attention on Armin, waiting for his reply.

Armin, face full of dedication, tells me he was going to tell us what he would have always done back 5 years ago...

"It was both, sir."

Eren, looked at Armin in disbelief, while Mikasa and Commander Pixis view to be telling him something that I have never seen back when I was in the Demon Slayer universe. This world sure has gotten interesting while I was gone...

My face, even though they couldn't tell, was admiring Armin. He really has had a huge heart, believing some much in Humanity.

Armin, continue, telling us his idea why.

"It's just a thought that occurred to me... but I was hoping the Captain would at least sense the possibility that the power Eren possesses could help get us out of our current predicament... Of course, I was also desperate to save our own lives..." 

And we had another moment of silence.

I sat still while seeing that Commander Pixis strolls over in front of Eren, and bending down to where Eren can see his face since Eren was sitting. 

"Trainee Eren...

Can you plug up that hole?"

All of us froze, not a single one of us foreseen this happening. Armin glance at Eren, scared of what he was going to choose, while Mikasa's face was, as always, calm. I just smile under my mask that was cover by my cloak hood, knowing what that hot airhead would say. 

Eren, saying with his face telling me that he had decided his decision. 

 "I'll seal it off, sir! No matter what!"

Mikasa and Armin's face both now tense, while Commander Pixis's face brightened up. 

"Well said! You're a real man!"

He turns his direction towards me, and said "Now, I saw how you cut that ammo in half perfectly, but I cannot allow anyone who isn't part of the military to join this war mi-" 

Everyone on the surface of the wall eye's opened up, seeing that I suddenly stood up and unsheathe my nirchirn katana. They didn't even see me stand up, I suppose that's why. 

I took a deep breath in and using the tone I would use when talking to demons:

"Who the hell do you take me as, a weakling?" 

All three of them starting shaking crazy, but Commander Pixis seem to have been entertain. 

"If you wish to help in this operation, prove to me that you can help without getting in the way."

I smirk, gladly taking on this challenge.

Before I could even accept it though, all three of them shout "No, you're not doing this, Y/N! You don't even know the basics of how to kill a titan!"

I look at them, with my mask covering my frown that had form on my face, and told them "You clearly slice their head off, or for you guys, the nape. But since that's boring, how about that slices their head cleanly off their body?"

That freaked them out even more.

I complained "Hey! Just because I had been gone for 5 years from here does not mean I haven't been practicing!" 

Commander Pixis, who was interested in my katana, ask "Now where did you find that lovely katana, Y/N?"

I face him, saying "Nirchirn sword, outside the walls."

Word Count: 1023

April 29, 2021