Chapter 7

3rd POV

Everyone was shocked by what they heard the black cloak figure said. 

Jean whisper to Marco "Are they out of their mind? They don't even seem to have a 3DMG gear, there's no way they'll survive out there."

Marco nudges Jean, saying "Who knows, they could be really strong, which is why they're risking their life instead of our lives."

"Yeah, or another suicidal blockhead."

Marco, mentally sighs, looks up at the black cloak figure, wondering their gender.

I wonder if they're related to Yeager, Arlert, or maybe even Ackermann?

Wait no, that's the dumbest question you've probably ever form in your head, Marco, think of a plan to help take back Trost!

Everyone saw the black cloak figure walking over to the other side of the wall, thinking she was going ahead without a plan and attack numerous titans. 

Y/N's POV

I walk over to where Armin and the rest of Commander Pixis's group were, as they plan to take back Trost. 

Armin felt my cloak brushing against his skin, turning his head and asking first thing:

"Were you serious about what you said?"

You look at him, even though your mask was covering your eyes, and give him a dark yet serious aura.

All of them shaken, just with a glance of you. Heck, they were even afraid to see you without your mask by this point if they were afraid of seeing you like this with a mask.

"Yes, I am, now tell us the plan, mastermind Armin."

He smiles, glad you still called him by that silly nickname you given him when you guys were younger.

 Actually, all 3 of them had a nickname, but Armin probably had the most.

Not that he hates it, you said it in a teasing way, unlike those bullies from the past.

"Right, since the titans react to and pursue groups of people, we can use that to our advantage, placing a large number of troops to lure many titans far away from the gate.

That way, the majority of the soldiers won't need to have direct contact with the titans, only Y/N needs to, and we'll keep them clear from Eren." He said, thinking for a moment what the next part of his plan is.

"Later on, we can use our cannons to take them down, thereby minimizing the casualties, along with some help from Y/N." 

I stare at Armin in awe, surprised at how he already plan this far ahead, and it hardly been 10 mins since the announcement of the operation was announced.

Your strength didn't grow, yet your brain has, at least there's an improvement
I thought as I smirk along with my joke to myself.

"Still, we can't afford to leave Eren defenseless, and Y/N could be busy at certain times killing as much titan as she can, so I think we can send at least a small squad of troops to protect him, and nevertheless, there's no way to avoid fighting the titan that comes in through the hole... overcoming that problem depends on the skills of the squad and Y/N's...."

They all continue to plan ahead of their operation, while I decide to sit down and wipe my katana with the end of my cloak.

Less than a minute, I heard screaming about giving up their lives, lies winning against the titan, everything.

I look over to Commander Pixis and saw his reaction, face angry and fear of losing all the members of Garrisons. 

He then screams:

"Upon my order, anyone who leaves right now will go unpunished!"

What? Is he insane, what is he- oh, I get it now.

Everyone was looking at Commander Pixis with disbelief on their face, but I catch up to his game, and continue, saving his vocal cords:

"If you have given in to your fears of the titans, you will never be able to stand again them again! Anyone who has succumbed to the terror of the titans should leave since you're weak!"

I stop, looking at all of those below, and saw their faces with fear, completely filled with only fear.

I was devastated, so I add something that I never thought I would ever say, let alone even a human who can't get over with their dead friends or family...

"Anyone who wants their parents, siblings, and loved ones to feel that same terror for themselves, you might as well leave to join them!"

Those that were walking away from the crowd stop, seeing the ones they care about getting eaten by a titan. 

To my relief, they all started to stumble back to the crowd, allowing me to do what Armin had planned to do. 

Eren, right now, you see those's face, those's lives who are about to perhaps get sacrificed for you and this plan. You better understand your role starting now, because now...

You are humanity's last hope.

God, just thinking that sentence gives me the cringe.

When did I get this clingy and emotional, I didn't even act like this around Daki, and she and I were besties.

"Let's talk about what happened 4 years ago! About the operation to reclaim Wall Maria!" 

This fool, he can't just get the clue where I'm trying to save him destroying his vocal cords by this point. 

I give up, he can destroy it as much as he wants by this point.

"I don't think I need to remind you of it... "Operation to Reclaim" sounds good, doesn't it? But it was really just a way for an overburdened government to reduce the number of unemployed they had to feed!"

I stood still in my spot, remembering the day that "Colossus Titan's" plan had ended with many people along with Carla crush and eaten dead or alive, while I, got crushed and was saved by Nakime somehow teleporting me to the Infinity Castle.

"What no one dares to say is that we have been able to survive within the wall's narrow confines because your brothers and sisters in arms were forced to go outside it! That sin belongs to all of humanity, including me!"

Where's the ugly Colossus Titan... I want to kill him... no, I want to torture him... I want to treat him the same way I plan to give oto-san...

"The residents of Wall Maria were a minority, so open war never broke out. But what about next time? If Wall Rose is breached, it won't be nearly enough to sacrifice 20% of the population! Behind our final barrier, Wall Sina, we could only afford to feed half of the world's surviving human beings!"

Fool... you guys aren't the only humans left in this world... there are millions that you've never meet or seen, it's just you confine yourself in this bigass cage...

"If humanity dies out, it won't be because the titans devoured us! It will be because we annihilated each other!

We cannot die inside yet another wall, given the choice, HELP Y/N AND SOME OTHERS!"

Commander Pixis, who finally finish screaming his throat out, started coughing and grab a canton from the pocket inside his coat, and drank the liquid that was in it. 

I stood there, my legs not allowing me to move.

That man just reminds me so much about my past.

Not the past from here, but when my family was killed by oto-san, not having a single child being a half-demon but me, killing all my friends but the upper moons and doing so much that destroyed my life. 

I felt my eyes threatening to let the tears fall, and without my consent, it did.

Thankfully I had a mask and my cloak hood, so they couldn't see the tears as I live my mask and wipe my tears quickly before anyone notices.

Mikasa tried handing me a 3DMG gear, but I refused.

Those would slow down my moves, and let alone mess up my breathing and aiming.

As the Eren, Mikasa, Armin, and about a dozen others were running ahead towards the gate, I decide to jump down and start killing some titans.

They destroy my once peaceful life of mine, I'll repay them.

Mikasa saw me jumping down and yelled "Y/N, NO!"

Everyone else snaps their head in my direction and saw what I was doing.

Eren shouted "You're insane! We haven't even started, and you plan to kill yourself so soon?!"

I grind my teeth, and shout "You really think I came unprepared when I decline to have a 3DMG? It'll only slow my movement, and I have something none of you can do!"

Yeah, I know what I said made me sound overconfident, but it was true. None of them had a hellish training, killing demons, and let alone, using a breathing technique.

I slowly land onto a roof with my cloak slowly it down and close my eyes.

I felt the aura of everyone going ahead, and 3 titans were going in their direction.

I snap open my eyes, and got into my position, preparing to do the sun breathing. 

"Thunder Breathing, 1st form, Thunderclap, and flash."

I push all my energy against the roof and jump from roof to roof till I sliced all 3 of the titan's head off cleanly. 

I saw 2 other titans coming over, and got into another position, and mumbled:

"Moon breathing, 16th form, Moonbow."

As I slash my katana at midair, dozens and dozens of half-moons came out of my sword, cutting their heads off. 

Armin's POV

What the heck? Did Y/N make lighting and moon out from her sword, and slice the titan's head off? All the way?

What the heck has she been teaching herself for the past 5 years? There is no way an average human can do that stuff, let alone making elements.

The only thing that a human could make was lighting, but only titan shifters could do that like Eren...

Is Y/N even human?

Word Count: 1611

April 30, 2021