Chapter 16

Y/N's POV

On my way towards the training field, I kept thinking about what I heard from Kokushibo.

That man really does want me to be on his side and destroy not just the walls of humanity, but every human in this world.

My hands turn into fists, shaking in anger.

How merciless oto-san was. He killed his own family but me, killed hundreds- no, thousands, of people and their families, and turn them into demons. How long does he plan to keep this up?

I felt something land on me, and it was my crow, Kuro. It nuzzled my checks as if he was trying to comfort me.

"What's up, Kuro. Did Oyakata-sama want me?"

He shook his head, and said: "No, it kind of is like a side mission, Y/N-san." 

I laugh, and said "Of course it is! Now what is it, I wish to train."

"As Oyakata-sama puts it, 'Protect the children's, as I say it, 'Save their sorry butts'."

I sighed, and suggest while smirking "Learn how to be respectful to the others too, Kuro. You won't find yourself a crow wife if this keeps up you know."

Kuro blushes, which surprised me. Who knew crows could actually blush?

"Just do what Oyakata-sama askes you to do, Y/N-san."

"Absolutely. Oh, and deliver the message to him that I encounter Uppermoon 1, I will make a report to him myself once I'm able to. Oh, and tell them that I, unfortunately, will not be able to make it and that I apologize for it."

Kuro nods at my announcement spread his wings and fly towards the Demon Slayer Headquarters, or the Ubuyashiki Estate.

I watch him fly off, starting to feel homesick. 

I guess this was what he meant, but nothing I can do about it, now can I?

I pull my katana from my hips and begin my swinging.

After about 30 minutes, I completed my 1000th swing and looked around.

Ehhhhh, I guess it wouldn't hurt to make a form? I do wish to make one where nobody could learn. 

I heard footsteps coming at me, with their 3DMG making a rumbling sound against their thighs.

I guess I gotta do it next time, right now is not my lucky time. 

"Y/N, YOU GOT TO EXPLAIN TO US RIGHT NOW, LEVI HEICHOU AND THE OTHERS WON'T EXPLAIN IT TO US! WE TRIED LOOKING FOR ERWIN, BUT HE WON'T TELL US EITHER!" Sasha scream, killing my innocent eardrums.

"She's not even human! What the hell is Erwin playing at?" Jean snorted, with some behind him agreeing with him.

The bell rang just when I was about to slam Jean's head into the dusty ground, and we all stayed where we were, waiting for our superiors to come.

In exactly 2 minutes, Instructor Shadis came out, with a clipboard in his hands. 

"Alright, soldiers! Start with sparring, with the wooden knives! Find yourself a partner and start practicing!" 

Everyone nod at Shadis's instruction, while I, ignored them and walk over to the massive trees, and collect the sword into my palm of my hand again.

"Cadet Y/N, what are you doing-"

I put my finger at my lips, signaling him to be quiet.

"Moon breathing, 8th form: Moon Dragon Ringtail."

This, was my wide range attack. Just from my single swing can cause many deaths, which was why I would usually not use this form when I could.

Just saying that sentence, a row of uneven size moons came out, cutting down 7 of those huge trees.

People behind me gulp, I guess today really wasn't the day to let them see all my skills, huh?

"Ughhh, I have really gotten weaker. I use to be able to do 35 with Kokushibo back then..." I mutter to myself.

"WHAT? 35 TREES?" Everyone behind me shouted, making me cover my ears with my hand to stop the loud voices the best I could. 

"Hai, I did say 35 trees. Now do your boring simple training, I have my own training to do." I said, handing glares to those whose eyes got in contact with mine.

I jump ahead, practicing my breathing.

Oh boy, now I can finally make my own breathing without them in my way...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a couple of hours, with the sun setting, I heard a slingshot-like sound from above, after I finish completing my 5th form for my new form that I decided to call 'Death breathing'. 

I glance up, and saw Shadis above me, wondering what I was doing.

I laugh, being carefree now. Shadis seems like the type I could just be careless when others weren't around, and so I use that advantage to have some fun.

Man, I guess I need to loosen up, because right after that laugh, I felt so much better, and Shadis was... smiling? 

Huh, that was interesting to witness. I'll certainly keep that in my mind.

Shadis then drop his smile and screamed "Get your butt to my office after this, Cadet Y/N! The other superiors wish to see you about... something."

I shrug, salute to gesture that I understood, and disappeared in a flash.

Running across the field, with my other comrades looking at me, which I pay no attention to, and kept moving my feet till I saw the Superior trios. 

I stop real quick, looking around. I felt an aura, a nice one yet so... murderous. 

I then felt the aura above me and saw a butterfly girl, ready to behead me.

I jump out of the way, with Erwin, Hange, and Levi shout "DUCK!"Duck? That's a fricking human, are they blind?"Ara ara~ Konichiwa, demon! How many innocent souls have you ate so far?"I smile at her, saying "Ah, so you are the one Oyakata-sama talk...

Duck? That's a fricking human, are they blind?

"Ara ara~ Konichiwa, demon! How many innocent souls have you ate so far?"

I smile at her, saying "Ah, so you are the one Oyakata-sama talks about, what was your name again~?"

She frowns instantly when I mention Oyakata-sama, and smiles again with a irk mark on her head, stated "Please don't talk about my master, demon! I refuse to let you talk about my master from that disgusting lips of yours~!

Now it's my turn to frown. "Now I thought I had sent Kuro to the Hashira meeting a while ago. Have I got Kuro mistaken an estate now?"

She now was confused. "Kuro? That Moon breathing Hashira's kasugai crow? Now, what does that crow have to do with you?"

I smirked, and look at the 3 behind her. Go, I mouth at them, I can deal with her no problem.

They give me a worried smile beside Levi, who gives a small nod and grab Hange's collar and drag her to the Mess Hall.

"Well, how fortunate for you then, Shinobu-san! I am the Moon breathing Hashira, who has sent Kuro to you guys!"

She smiles, with more irk marks on her forehead, and pulls her katana out.

"How could you lie about being a Hashira now? The disrespect you have there, demon! I hate to say this, but I'll have to cut that disgusting head of yours now~! Sayonara!"

HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO RENGOKU AND HITCH! TODAY'S BOTH OF THEIR BIRTHDAY!!

Word Count: 1185

May 10th, 2021

"How could you lie about being a Hashira now? The disrespect you have there, demon! I hate to say this, but I'll have to cut that disgusting head of yours now~! Sayonara!"HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO RENGOKU AND HITCH! TODAY'S BOTH OF THEIR BIRTHDAY!!Word Co...