Chapter 52

Y/N's POV

I and Tanjiro were sprinting as fast as we could back to the Tokito House.

Why didn't I use my teleporting magic? Excellent question, I don't know! I was in a goddamn rush! 

Tanjiro went to the direction of the window where we were before we had left, while I ran off to evacuate the citizens around here. I really don't need to see Daki, nor do I need to see these guys die.

"Come on, you guys!" I screamed down the streets, as loud as my voice could allow me to.

"Why?!" One shouted, with others adding "Yeah!" and other comments I really didn't need to hear.

I grit my teeth, saying "If you want to die, continue doing whatever you want to do then, but there's a demon around here. Leave this place if you want to live!" 

I got a couple of people rushing out, but most of the people just muttered, saying like I was being nonsense.

I give up, humans are stupid creatures. Let them die, see if I care. 

I heard a loud crash, and I spun around, running in the direction. 

When I got there, I found Tanjiro on a broken roof, his face in shock. 

I jumped up to his side, snapping my fingers at his face, saying "Get up, Tanjiro! This isn't the time to space out!"

The red-eye boy then blinked, focusing on reality again, standing up with his katana in his hand.

"You're alive, hmm... you got more bones than I thought. Pretty eyes there, I'll just gouge them out and eat them." I heard Daki say while squatting, who most likely was smiling wickedly.

I push the Kanoe rank boy behind me, facing my friend. 

"Y/N-chan?..."

My face grew serious, looking at Uppermoon 6.

"Daki-chan... apologies, but as the Moon Hashira, I must kill you," I muttered, pulling out my katana as well. 

I notice Tanjiro dropping his box that was located on his back, muttering "Gomen ne, Nezuko. I loosen the straps, I can't fight with this on my back. 

Don't get out of the box, unless your own life depends on it." 

Ah, the loveable sibling bound they got, kind of like Gyutaro and Daki. 

"Tanjiro-kun, don't you-"

"Water Breathing, 4th Form: Striking Tide: Chaos!" He yelled, with Daki reacting by jumping off the window she was squatting at, spreading her sashes like a kite in the air. 

Tanjiro, fortunately, was able to slash a part of Daki's sash, which as I notice, had contained the Oiran that was in the Tokito House.

Her name was... Koinatsu I believe? 

Daki smirked evilly, saying "You're cute but ugly."

How does that work, Daki?

I swear, that girl's vocabulary is impossible to understand.

"Now don't get too attached, you're like a rat who's about to die."

Did this girl just make a pun? Yikes...

And if she really thinks Tanjiro's going to die so easily, she is so mistaken. 

"Moon Breathing, 5th Form: Moon Spirit Calamitous Eddy!"

Daki jumped away from my attack, her face unpleased with me.

"Why did you betray us, Y/N-chan? I thought we were friends!"