Chapter 17

Y/N's POV

Oh great. Shinobu really doesn't believe me because of my scent? Oyakata-sama, I seriously need help now...

Shinobu ran at me, with her katana ready to attack me.

I heard from Oyakata-sama that she is the only hashira that is unable to cut a demon's head off, so she uses poison to kill them.

Allow her, I'll probably be dead or paralyzed, which is a dangerous gamble, but let's try.

I wouldn't mind leaving this world either, a world without even being related to oto-san would be lovely.

I stood there, waiting for her to stab me with her katana, but she stops midway and gazed at me with a serious look.

"Why are you not attacking me, demon? Isn't that what all demons do?"

I growl, annoyed by her information. But she doesn't know I'm half-demon, so I suppose that could make sense.

I said without a doubt "Go ahead, slice my head, the world would be better off than having to be related to oto-san. That annoying demon man..."

Now she was utterly puzzled. I just sigh, and sat down, waiting for my perhaps death to arrive.

Shinobu's POV

Huh? That annoying demon man? Oto-san? Slice off her head with her permission? Not even a single fight?

This demon is truly interesting...

"Sumimasen! Who do you mean oto-san? How are you able to remember your past~?"

She looks at me with sadness in her beautiful E/C eyes and spoke "I always remember my past. I was goddamn born as a demon, or at least half-demon thanks to oto-san..."

A demon married a human? Now, this was exotic. I haven't heard about a demon marrying a human, let alone even be traveling with a demon!

"Ano, who is your oto-san?" 

She flinches at the words oto-san, what's going on? 

This was getting more complex each moment, she could probably even be a useful demon to the Demon Slayer Corps.

And half-demon? Never heard of those, she is probably the only one of her kind the-

The demon in front of me laughed. I give her a confused look, and she stops laughing but continued to giggle.

"You haven't meet oto-san, have you? If you have, then you would have already known who he is.

But, since the Demon Slayer Corps still hasn't ever seen him besides that man... I think oto-san said his name was Yorichii? I'm not too sure.

Here's another thing: Everyone, including me, wants to kill him.

So go ahead, rack those brain cells of yours and perhaps figure it out, Shinobu-san."

Blinking in surprise from her knowing my name, even though I haven't given her my name, I decided to take her advice and think.

Now, who is the demon that only the famous Sun Breather has met? And everyone wants to kill him? Now, this was getting nowhe-

Oh. 

My. 

God.

"Kibutsuji Muzan?..." I mutter, horrified.

 And to my disbelief, the girl's eyes were glossy from the tears, and she nods.

So this innocent child, right from birth, was a victim of that man.

Kibutsuji Muzan, I can't forgive you for that...

Not only has he killed thousands of humans, but now given his own child such a fate...

I sheathe my katana back where it came from, surprising the girl in front of me.

I smile a real smile this time and mumbled "I will not kill you. But you still have to tell me how many people you ate, and tell me who they are."

She had a sad smile, and said the last thing that anybody would want to eat:

"My human family, 4, 2 of my siblings, oka-san, and my... u-unborn s-sister." She said, choking on the last word. 

"FUCKING OTO-SAN, I WILL MURDER YOU FOR MAKING ME EAT THEM! I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU, I HATE YOU! FUCKING DIE TO HELL, YOU BITCH!"

I was shaken from that screaming out of nowhere.

Suddenly, one of her pupils became silt, the other one unaffected, making her grab her hair and shaking it.

"GET YOUR GODDAMN PEA BRAIN OUT OF MY HEAD, OTO-SAN! I DON'T WANT TO BE UNDER YOUR CONTROL!"

This girl... going through so much pain ever since she was born...

I sigh and lighting karate chop where her pressure point is, and made her unconscious. 

I lift the sleeping girl onto my back and walk over to a random building that had 2 lines cross. 

I walk into the building and saw nobody around. 

I just step into an empty room, and laid the demon girl on the mattress, looking at her peaceful pretty face while sleeping.

I smile, and wrote a quick note, and left it on a noticeable area on the table right next to her bed.

I then jump out of the window and ran to the Demon Slayer Headquarters, where I want to report about my crossing with the half-demon girl.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N's POV

I woke up and sat up looking around my surroundings. 

The last thing I remember was swearing at oto-san, to get out of my head, since he was attempting to take control of me, as usual.

He would try this once a month, to see if I'm able to ditch my real home and join the maniac's group.

Heck, I shouldn't even be part of this. I'm not fit for either side. 

I'm not pure human, nor demon.

I hug my knees and stay in that position for a very long time till I heard my door slam open.

"Y/N-chan~ Wanna do an experiment?" Hange said, with excitement in her voice.

I slightly smile, and said, "No thanks, go and have some fun with Mobilt."

She shook her head, and grab my wrist, dragging me out.

I whine in pain a couple of times, but Hange ignored them.

"Hange-san, if you plan to take me to do an experiment whether I said yes or no, why the hell would you even ask me?!"

She did her psycho laugh, telling me "Well, I want to know about your powers of course! It's not every day you see a demon!" 

"First, I'm half-demon, not a pure demon," I said, correcting her error "Secondly, I'm in a goddamn pain after fighting over control for my body and brain from oto-san, I want a break. Third, stop calling me Y/N-chan! Fourth, you see demons every night where I was from..." 

I mutter the last part, not wanting them to know so much about the dangers outside the walls.

Hange laugh and said "If you want me to stop calling you Y/N-chan, then drop the honorifics then. I don't see the point of you calling me by san if you're much stronger than me surely!"

I nod, "Anything as long you don't call me Y/N-chan again. I really don't need to be embarrassed and remember my past."

She kept dragging me to the Mess Hall and ate some bread while I sat there like an idiot.

Hange then notice me not eating and hand me a loaf of bread. I shook my head, faking my grin, and act if I was fine.

I technically was, I mean, but I did crave for blood every once a while.

God, I need a whole pantry of animal blood.

Hange watches me sitting there while she continues to eat her piece of bread. 

The other superiors eventually came over and ate, and didn't bother me not eating, as they probably assumed I already ate.

After a while, Instructor Shadis came in from the warm weather outside and told them that they would be ranking them tonight, and they were to train one last time tonight.

When Shadis was done with his announcements, all the superiors, even Shadis, left Mikasa in charge.

I follow them to a fairly large flat area, that was slightly bigger than the training grounds.

I look at the sky, seeing that the sun wasn't as tall as the wall yet, meaning there could still be some demons around. 

"Stay right here, Y/N," Erwin said, and he and the others walk ahead, leaving me in the middle, and then pausing at the edge of the land. 

Mobilt and the rest of Hange's squad had clipboards in their hands, making me confused.

Oh shit, so this is what she meant by experimenting.

"HANGE, I WILL FUCKING EXPLODE YOUR HEAD FOR REAL!"

I scream, turning into a full demon on accident.

And I heard screams.

Word Count: 1361

May 11th, 2021