Chapter 51

Y/N's POV

I glared at everyone, who all were sweating.

Eren was the first to dare walk over to me, saying "Y/N-"

I smack his face, causing his face to impact the ground.

"You guys are fools! Do you know how much danger there is in my mission right now?!"

"We want to help though!" Connie screamed behind.

I growl, yelling "This is exactly why I didn't want to tell you guys about the demons! You guys have your own goal: To kill titans. Mine is to remove all the demons from Earth."

I spun around, about to leave the place, before Levi grabbed my arm, saying "Y/N."

"What the hell do you want?" I stared at him.

"Do you not care about us?" All of them said together.

I grit my teeth, thinking.

Well, hopefully, this is my ticket out.

"Hell no. I give no shit about you guys. Now do your stupid expeditions and die pointlessly!" 

They all cringed, with disappointment in their eyes.

Krista walked over to me, her eyes with the most tears.

"Y-Y/N... all those times together... were they all lies?..."

I felt guilty, but if this was the only way to keep these idiots far from the demons, then I got to.

"Hai, all of it was. Now leave." I said, trying my best to not expressing a single feeling.

Armin must've noticed because his eyes were telling me he was shocked and awful.

I snap my fingers, teleporting them all back to the Headquarters, and sighed, running my hand through my hair.

Just why do I have to do that?...

Right, for their sake.

I hope they really don't hate me for it...

Quickly, I snap my fingers and found myself on top of the roof, seeing Inosuke talking to Tanjiro, doing weird poses.

"It was like this! I know that much!"

"Yeah, yeah..." Tanjiro commented, clearly not understanding anything that Inosuke was doing.

"Zenitsu's not coming." I sprouted out loud, causing the 2 boys to look at me.

Uzui seems to already figure. 

"What do you mean by Zenitsu isn't coming?" Tanjiro questioned me and Uzui.

Uzui ignored Tanjiro's gaze, saying "I think I put you guys in terrible danger. The desire to save my wives has caused me to commit a grave mental error. 

Zenitsu's whereabouts are currently unknown. He stopped contacting me last night." 

"And he wasn't in his room in the morning when I went to his room," I announce, adding more proof.

I clench my fist, saying "I've nearly got my previous comrades in danger too. If they run back here again on their horses, they'll be dead before they know it too, and by how much I know them, they'll do that no matter how callous I was to them just now..." 

Uzui gazes over at me, saying "The one who got shorty? And a bunch of people with like blonde, brown, and black hairs?" 

I nod, and he rolls his eyes, saying "Such unflamboyant colors..." with me adding a chuckle to his comment.

Uzui stood up, facing towards the males, saying "You two, get out of here now. Your ranks are way too low. If the demon here is a 'Uppermoon', you can't deal with them.

I will regard people who have stopped sending me letters as dead. From now on I will move on my own."

I cover my mouth with one of my hands, the other palm touching the ground giving me support, bewildered at what Uzui proposed.

Tanjiro screamed "No, Uzui-san! We-"

"Don't be ashamed," Uzui interrupted him, "Winners stay alive. Don't miss this opportunity." 

"Hold it old man!" Inosuke shouted, but was too late.

And Uzui left us alone on the roof. 

All 3 of was staring at where Uzui had left in a millisecond, all destroyed at what he said. 

"Maybe he didn't believe us because we're members of the lowest class..." Tanjiro said, looking disappointed in himself.

Inosuke looked at Tanjiro, his face frowning, correcting him "We're currently at the Kanoe rank right now. We're higher up now. The fourth lowest on the chain."

"Huh?" Tanjiro replied, confused by what he just heard Inosuke say.

Inosuke brought his hand out in front of the 2 of them, saying "Show us our ranks!" and clutch it shut, and the word 'Kanoe' came out of his hand. 

I glance over at Tanjiro, whose face was were puzzled at what he just witnessed. 

"Wasn't your hand all itchy in the Wisteria Mountains?" Inosuke asked, his face also baffled. 

Tanjiro looked down at his hand, saying "I remember feeling an itch, but I was tired... I didn't know about this..."

"CHEER UP!" Inosuke shouted, causing me to bring my hands to my ears, covering up as much noise as I could from Inosuke's yelling.

"Yeah, now's not the time, my bad!" Tanjiro said, "When night falls, I'll head to the Ogimoto House, where you'll be. Wait for me until then, Acting alone will be dangerous, Today, I'll finish investigating the house I'm currently in."

"WHY?!" Inosuke yelled again, making me hold my ears longer and harder.

"I'M TELLING YOU THAT THERE'S A DEMON HERE! SO COME OVER NOW! YOU REALLY ARE A TOTAL DUMBASS!" 

I hit Inosuke's pressure point, getting annoyed by his yelling, and glared at his fainted body.

"You gotta learn to keep your indoor voice I swear to god, Inosuke-kun..." I muttered, not noticing Tanjiro freaking out. 

"The demons work in the brothels, which means if they're acting tactfully as humans, they'd have to exercise more caution in killing humans so nobody would notice..." Tanjiro muttered, thinking out loud.

I nodded, saying "I see... it'll take time to clean up after a murder, and bloodstains don't just simply good away.

This is a night district, so demons will find some things convenient, but not others... They have to work at night or people would begin to question them..."

Tanjiro nodded, "I believe Zenitsu and all 3 of Uzui-san's wives are alive, and I will act with that in mind. I'll save them for sure."

I grin at Tanjiro's explanation, glad that he still had hoped for saving this town.

"Time for us to go then, Tanjiro-kun."

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once me and Tanjiro I both changed, we went to the Tokito House. I didn't go to the Kyougoku House right now since I plan to go over there after visiting the Tokito House, since now it was getting dark, and I was worried about Tanjiro alone. 

I stood out the window, while Tanjiro was talking to the Oiran of the Tokito House. 

Once Tanjiro walked out of the window smiling, we both started making our way to the other roof, till we both stopped.

I felt Daki's aura, but not in Kyougoku House.

She was at the Tokito House.

Word Count: 1139

June 16th, 2021