Chapter 6

Y/N's POV

I got to admit, when I said 'out of the walls', THEIR FACES WERE PRICELESS!

I was laughing so hard till I fell on my legs and held my stomach from the pain.

Their faces were completely like that hanafuda kid's face when he and that blonde boy was talking on the road! It was till they notice me under a shade and tried to kill me well. 

Once all of them recover from their surprise, Command Pixis asked me a similar question he questions Eren "Y/N, will you help humanity, or be on humanity's enemy's side?"

I froze, not sure what to say. Sure, Shiganshina and the walls were my home for 2 years, and now I'm back after learning my Demon Blood Arts and learning 3 breathing techniques. 

Everything seems so foreign to me...

I was basically on both teams. I'm half-human, half demon. Humans are on humanity's side, while demons are on the same side as titans technically. 

I didn't want to scare them, yet what was I suppose to say?

I exhale, trying to concentrate, and just said in a monotone voice "Humanity's, or I would have killed multiple people by now instead of titans."

Commander Pixis nods his head at me, can I say oto-san is so going to kill me if he ever finds out about this? 

Well, he was already planning to perhaps kill me with so many demons chasing after me, who knows.

Commander Pixis quickly step over to the edge of the wall and shouted "Where's my council? Let's work out a strategy!"

Armin choke, stuttering "Wha?!... Seriously? Right now? It was just an idealistic notion I had, and he plans to carry a plan out right now?!"

I was about to explain to Armin why Commander Pixis wish to start the plan now, but Eren beat me to it.

"I thought the same thing, but before we actually do go ahead with the plan, there's a more fundamental problem..." Eren pause, taking a breath before continuing "Commander Pixis sees the situation correctly."

"The Titans aren't our only enemy." I finished off the sentence.

Armin had his attention completely on me and Eren, looking as if we were insane.

Mikasa was quiet the entire time, I nearly forgot about it if I didn't saw a strand of red yarn from her scarf.

Jeez, that girl, once quiet, always quiet.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After a while, Commander Pixis and his squad climb up the wall with what I learned was called 3DMG. 

Everyone was looking serious as if we were about to battle oto-san...

"Every minute counts here. You're going to be heroes, young soldiers." Command Pixis says, with a small grin on his face.

I AIN'T NO SOLDIER, BALD MAN! I'M A DEMON SLAYER AND A DEMON, BUT I GUESS I CAN'T SAY IT OR ELSE YOUR CORPSE GOING TO BECOME OTO-SAN'S MEAL.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

After Commander Pixis told all the Rose uniform members, which were called Garrisons, he ditches us out with Eren, saying something like having a small conference with him.

Was that supposed to be another word for a meeting, as the pillar meeting? 

Once Commander Pixis left the scene, everyone went insane. Everyone was goddamn screaming, that my ears were going to bleed from the volume of their noises.

"A plan to take back Trost?"

"You got to be kidding me! How can we, when we don't even have the technology to seal that hole?!"

"What the hell are they thinking? Sending us into Trost district is nothing but a death sentence!"

Some voices caught my attention the most. While Mikasa and Armin had their face towards Trost district, I use a demon trick Douma taught me to hear some people's conversation.

"No! I don't wanna die! Let me see my family!"

"DAZ, KEEP IT DOWN!" A black hair boy with freckles said.

"Even I'd like to at least choose how I die..."

My eyes flinch. These guys were even perhaps older than the majority of the slayers in Demon Slayer Corps, and yet they could even be pissing their pants right now. 

I stood up and using another demon trick that Kokushibo taught me instead.  

Total concentration, constant.

My throat all of a sudden somehow felt like I could scream hundreds of miles, so taking the chance, I did exactly what I felt like I could do.

"You bakas!" Everyone jump, looking around to see who said that. 

"Look up here, and yes, I'm using my natural voice without a goddamn mic or whatever you use."

Everyone jump, surprised to see me, a figure cover in a black cloak, my face covered with a layer of the cloak's hood, and a fox mask. 

"You think you're going to die huh? I heard what all of you guys said! Choosing your death, wanting to see your family, every single deal!"

Everyone who heard my words was scared now. 

I read everyone's mind, and they all had the same question in their mind: How?

I exhale, prepare to take another deep breath in, and tell them something Ubuyashiki would say to us slayers all the time, till Command Pixis and Eren had finally come back from their walk.

"ATTENTIONNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNNN"

Everyone but me covers their ears from the surprising announcement call to get their attention.

Everyone stops staring at me, and turns their attention at their Commander, along with the trainees.

"I will now explain our strategy to recapture Trost district!" He shouted, doing his best not to strain his vocal cord.

"The goal of this operation will be to plug the hole in the broken gate!"

I look at all their faces, who all were sweating bullets of sweat.

Tch, they don't even have faith in saving humanity...

I heard the freckle face boy, his eyes much wider than most of the trainees and Garrisons, asking "Plug the hole?... How... the hell do we do that?..."

Commander Pixis, who thankfully got time to give his vocal cord a rest because of that question, answer him screaming again:

"We have a way to seal the hole, but first I want to introduce you to Eren Yeager, of the training corps!"

Huh? Why the hell do you need to introduce Eren to the midgets, Baldy? You said it yourself, every single minute is valuable, you're wasting time here.

I heard about a dozen people shout "Eren?!"

I'll be assuming that they work hard (At least I hope) along with Eren, Mikasa, and Armin since they had the same symbol on their coat as the other 3 had. 

"We've been conducting top-secret experiments on titan transformation, and this soldier is our first success!"

WHAT? YOU BEEN FUCKING DOING EXPERIMENTS ON EREN? OH, YOUR NECK IS MEETING MY KATANA AFTER THIS, BALDY!

As much as I hate Eren for being such a hot airhead, I still care for him and that goes the same with the other 2.

Any one of those 3 get hurt, they get to say hi to my katana. 

"He is able to purify the body of a titan and control it at will!"

I stood up, whisper shouting "Now hold up, baldy, just what the hell do you think you're planning?!"

He ignored me, and continue explaining his plan to the others.

"He will turn into a titan, pick up the boulder near the gate, and carry it over, and use it to block the hole!

Soldiers, your task is to protect him from the other titans, while he's carrying the rock!"

I raise my hand at Commander Pixis's face and said one word.

"No."

He look at me confused.

"What do you mean no, Y/N? I thought you want to take the Trost district back as much as we do? Or was that a lie?"

I slightly smile, giving him a killer one instead of a sweet one, and said "Oh no, I wasn't lying about it. But these big babies are too scared to go and kill the titans for some of their hometowns, so I will be doing a favor to prove I AM on Humanity's side."

He raised an eyebrow, and asked: "And how does stopping all my soldiers into battle will show you're helping humanity?"

I took a deep breath, and answer:

"I'll kill all of them while Eren does his role."

Word Count: 1338

April 29, 2021