Chapter 28

Hange's POV

Oh titans, Y/N just left...

I couldn't even open my mouth and try to tell her why I want to test on the demons!

It was for the faith of humanity! Who knows what would we do if we were found by one? 

We can't always rely on her to help us. We need to be stronger on our own.

I stood up, and let the breeze hit my skin. It was calming, yet I didn't feel relax. 

How was I supposed to tell the others?

We probably got into her personal life too much, that she couldn't feel comfortable around her.

And I was enjoying her company...

I walk down to the 1st floor, where everyone was chattering, tears in their eyes, while some look repulse, guilty, and regretful.

I bang again the door with my fist, to get everyone's attention.

Everyone had their attention on me, and I inhale, saying "Y/N has left us. She will no longer be part of the Survey Corps, as she has sent me with."

The noises rose up again, this time louder than earlier.

I bang my fist against the door again, trying to let them focus on me since I never finish talking.

"As I was saying, she says if we ever need her help, we are to shout her name. And I believe Eren, Mikasa, and Armin know how it works?"

Everyone stares at all 3 of them, and Mikasa looked away, not wanting the attention.

"W-well, I'm not sure how it works exactly. I just shout out her name, and she'll come at us the second I say it." Armin explained, with everyone confused.

Sasha then shouted "Y/NNNNNNNNNN!"

Eren shook his head, saying "It won't work Sasha."

Sasha looked at him, asking "What do you mean? I just shouted her name, she should be coming now, right?"

Mikasa shook her head this time, clearing the confusion. "Y/N will only come when it's an emergency.

We've tried shouting for her before when we got separated, but she never answered.

It's as if she's ignoring us or can't hear us unless we really need help." 

My god, Y/N is amazing at everything. 

How is she even capable of doing such things?

I sigh and said "I will be telling Erwin and the others about the situation. Continue on whatever you guys were doing."

I spun around on my heels, and walk towards Erwin's office. 

But I meet got to shorty's office. Well, should I tell him first?

Nope, who cares.

I continued my way up to Erwin's office, and once my eyes made contact with his door, I slam open the door and smiled.

Erwin looked up and give me a small smile, asking "Good afternoon, Hange. What gives you the pleasure coming?" 

"Y/N has left the Survey Corps."

I burst out loud, not sugarcoating anything.

He raised one of his bushy large eyebrows, questioning me.

"Are you sure?"

I nodded, saying "She told me right in front of my face before she disappeared into the air, leaving me alone on the roof."

He massaged his forehead and stood up. 

"Call all the superiors of Survey Corps to gather in here, we will need a quick meeting then."

I nod, running out to find Mike and shorty, to gather in Erwin's office. 

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Once everyone had gathered in Erwin's office, he said it straight up like how I did when I told him the news.

"Y/N has left Survey Corps."

Shorty 'tch' and Mike looked confused. 

I suppose nobody told Mike yet about Y/N?

"Y/N was the half-demon I was experimenting on that I told you about, Mike, remember?"

He slightly nods, definitely not remembering, but who cares!

Erwin, continuing what he was going to say.

"I don't believe it was because of betraying us. I have a feeling it was multiple reasons.

One, we invaded her privacy that she did not want others to know about.

Second, we knew too much about demons, and she didn't want us to know about them because we're struggling to just deal with titans, as she confronted me with.

And third, as her crow says, it was to keep us safe from something that we don't know."

Levi glanced at me, saying "Does it have to do with you, four-eyes?"

I nod, not denying it. It was technically my fault since I did plan this out to make her tell us about her life.

He 'tch' and told Erwin "Well, when will we plan to get her?"

"We won't."

That left all 3 of us in surprise.

"Why not, Erwin? Even though I don't know about Y/N, she is a way to help us save humanity, and let us find the truth about this torturous world!" Mike shouted, not glad about Erwin's choices.

"I agree, which is why her crow is here to explain everything," Erwin said, pointing to the crow that was sitting on his desk.

Shorty saw the bird, "A crow?..."

"CAWW! I AM KURO, Y/N-SAN'S BIRD! SHE HAS SENT ME TO EXPLAIN WHAT SHE IS DOING!"

We all stared at the craw, astonished that the crow could actually talk.

Well, of course. It's not every day that you see a crow talking.

"THERE IS A HINT FROM THE DEMON SLAYER CORPS THAT THE MAN WILL APPEAR DURING YOUR EXPEDITION, OR AFTER IT EVEN! IF NOT, THEN HE WILL COME ONE DAY, TAKING BACK Y/N-SAN TO USE HER POWER TO TAKE OVER THE WORLD! CAWWWW!"

What?...

"Wait, who is this 'man' that you're talking about? Taking back Y/N?" Mike asked the crow, Kuro.

"He means her oto-san, the first demon man that has ever existed. Y/N was born as a half-demon since her oto-san is a demon, and her oka-san is a human, along with her 2 older siblings."

I explain quickly, not wanting to give the bloody background of Y/N's life. 

Kuro nods, saying "INDEED, THE MAN WANTS TO TAKE HER BACK, AND BECOME THE PERFECT DEMON, LIKE HIS DAUGHTER! HE WILL KILL ANYONE WHO SHE'S CLOSE TO, TO HURT HER AND MAKE HER JOIN HIS SIDE! SO SHE REFUSES TO SEE ANYONE HERE OR FROM THE DEMON SLAYER CORPS! CAWWW!

Suddenly the puzzles were fitting together.

"So that's what she meant earlier..." 

I look up, asking Kuro with determination in my voice.

"Tell me, where is the Demon Slayer Corps. I would like to talk to their master."

Word Count: 1020

May 22th, 2021