Chapter 20

Y/N's POV

Remind me, to NEVER, ever sit in a carriage with Hange again.

She was endless on talking about titans.

God, she might as well marry a titan if she loves them so much, even with those 2 titans they captured the other day to experiment on.

I hate the titans, yet I felt bad for those 2 that were getting experimented on by Hange since she would go over the line with experimenting, and maybe even doing experiments that would be pointless.

After just listening to Hange the whole time in the carriage, with the replies of 'mhm' and nodding my head to everything she said, we finally got to a very unwell taken care of the building, with vines that want attention.

There were even missing stones around the building. How was this building still stable and not fallen yet?

We both step down the carriage and Hange walks right at the building, while I turn around and bow, saying "Thank you for the ride!"

The man nodded and drove the carriage out of the forest.

I pick up my bags, and walk to the entrance of the bad-looking building, wishing for someone to clean it.

As I step toward the door, Hange was already at the end of the hall, standing there waiting for me to come to her.

I sigh, and quickly and quietly approached her, which cue her to knock on the door after I tried to open the door.

We sat there, waiting for a moment.

People behind this door just kept talking constantly, are they deaf?...

When I heard Levi and Eren's conversation, I waited for the perfect timing...

"Although I doubt she'll keep her mouth shut. If she screws up while poking and prodding you, it may be the death of you, Eren."

"Eh?... She?"

That's my opening. 

Watch out, I'm kicking this open, THIS WHAT Y'ALL GET FOR IGNORING US.

"Screw this, HEADS UP WHOEVER'S BEHIND THE DOOR!"

I shouted, kicking the door open at the same time.

Dust starting coming out from every area, making me 'tch' and grab my katana and swing it against the air, forcing the dust to get out of my view.

There sat Levi, his squad, and Eren sitting at a long table with teacups, filled with some black liquid in it.

Are they drinking some kind of blood, wait, no, the smell isn't metallic at all, maybe it's just some weird tea.

I quickly reverse the door back to how it used to be before I knock it down, and turn around to Levi's squad.

"Konichiwa! Lovely night, isn't it?"

Everyone smiles beside Levi obviously, but Eren gave me the widest smile in the world. It was like back then when he smiles when we played hide and seek.

My heartfelt like it was melting. That smile was so adorable!

Hange, now ruining the welcoming I made, said "Hi there, Levi squad! Is the castle comfortable?"

Everyone nods their head, kind of uncomfortable with Hange as it seems.

"Her," Levi said in his monotone voice. 

Me, just running over to Eren and giving him a bear hug, and he returns the hug, smiling.

"Ne, how has it been going with the trainees, Y/N? I heard that from Commander Erwin and Levi heichou that you had to choose the Survey Corps?"

"Hai, I did. Some kind of agreement I agree to I suppose, eh?"

We end the conversation there, turning our heads at Hange, who pulled up a chair and sat down next to Eren.

"Squad leader Hange!" Eren said, sounding excited.

Hange, being the idiot she is, ignored him. 

Are they all this deaf in the military? I wouldn't be surprised if it was Shadis who trained them honestly, his daily screaming at us can seriously give someone temporary deaf for a week.

"I'm currently handling the examination of the two titans that were captured in town, thanks to the help of Y/N."

Ohh no, here we go.

She immediately spun and look at Eren, her eyes sparkling with what I learn on the carriage, chaos.

"And I'd like you to assist me with my experiment tomorrow, Eren. I stopped by to not only drop off Y/N but to get permission." 

Eren, puzzled with what Hange was talking about, ask "Experiment?... What could I-?"

Hange cut him off, saying "Well, you see...! it just seething with rage!"

God, she's sweating bullets, while blushing and smiling. Just how can she do 3 reactions at once?

An awkward moment after that, with everyone looking at Hange.

Eren cut the silence, saying "Umm... the thing is, I can't give you permission. I don't have any authorities over myself these days... same with Y/N I think since she's going to be under Levi heichou's command."

Hange looks over to Levi, looking kind of nervous, saying "Levi, What's Eren and Y/N's agenda tomorrow?"

Levi, not even looking at her, replied "Cleaning the yard."

She jumps out of her chair, knocking the chair against the wall, and grabs both me and Eren's hand, announcing "Great, then it's settled! Eren and Y/N, I'll see you both tomorrow!"

Before she could open her mouth again, I said "Hange, you literally did an experiment on me earlier. I refuse to do this, I rather clean either way. This place is nasty as hell."

I heard a giggle and saw a turnip hairstyle boy giggling.

"Ne, we got another clean freak like heichou, Eld!"

"Perhaps I should first start cleaning by cutting that head of yours, Turnip head."

I spoke, pulling my katana out of its cover where I was hiding in my cloak, which earns me some shrieks from everyone but Eren.

"We can save humanity, Y/N! Plus, I'll let you see the Oyakata guy longer next time!" Eren said, sweating an insane amount, but not as much as Hange earlier.

Man, Eren really knew how to convince me.

I nod, putting my katana back, giving everyone a surprise. I guess they didn't know that I could so easily convince just seeing something.

"Haiii! And it's Oyakata-sama, Eren, or I'm cutting your arms off."

I said, going from my cheerful voice to a sadistic tone.

Eren nods, sweatdropping at my 180-degree personality turn.

Eren looks back at Hange, asking her something that made me want to punch his teeth out.

And I have a feeling the others did too by their reaction to Eren's question.

"But what did you mean by titan experiment?"

Oluo nudge Eren's elbow, whispering "Hey, don't get her started!-"

"Ah! I knew it! I thought you look curious!" Hange exclaimed.

Oh god, please not again.

I stood again, simultaneously with the rest of the Levi Squad and him, leaving Eren and Hange left at the table sitting. 

"Well, if you want to know that badly, who am I to keep it from you?"

I was about to follow everyone out of the room, till Hange grab my hand and told me "Say, Y/N, can you do the illusion like you did that night? But do when we captured those two titans?"

I bob my head, gesturing her yes, with Eren looking curious what Hange meant.

I gently place my palm at Hange's forehead, and the surrounding around us change into the day that Hange was experimenting on the two titans.

Hange was happy to see the times she had fun experimenting, while Eren was freaking out how they just were in the Mess Hall to outside in the daylight.

Hange was explaining everything to Eren about what was happening in the illusion and telling him all kinds of stuff.

There were dumb moments, good moments, and...

Oh.

I was going around Hange's mind, then seeing the memories in her mind.

When I saw when Hange and the others today earlier were experimenting on me, the illusion changes into that, allowing Eren to see the hideous, demonic me.

I end the illusion where my head was about to get cut off by Ranamue, panting.

I reach the limit of my power, which I still struggle to do.

Eren looks over at me, with Hange thinking that I did it on purpose, very glad she could see it again.

"Ne, Y/N..." Eren asked, clearly tense with what he just witness from earlier.

"What the heck are you?"

Oh my god! Thank you guys for the 1k read! I was surprised when I woke up, seeing 1k read! Thank you guys so much and have a nice day or night!

Word Count: 1374

May 14th, 2021