Chapter 14

Y/N's POV

As I wake up from the sound of birds chirping, I sat up and look at the clock.

Oh fuck. It was only 2 am.

At least I can do my daily routine now.

I sat up from my bunk, carefully avoiding hitting my head from Mikasa's bed to not wake her up, and change into my uniform.

I, being the person who trusts my 2 best friends, left my mask and cloak behind.

Once I step out of my room, I walk out to the only place I was quite familiar a bit with, which was the training field.

I look around, looking for something to help me mark where I had started so I could start my 1000 laps.

I jog around and found a large red oval shape thing that was like a lap. It was quite small compared to the towns, but it would have to do.

I walk over to a white line and began my daily morning laps.

After 3 hours, I finish my daily routine and head towards the Mess Hall, as that's what everyone here calls it.

As I step into the Mess Hall, I saw nobody in there yet, so I took a tray and collect my breakfast.

As I sat down at a table, my best friends and my new comrades walked in and lining up to get their food.

Since Mikasa and Armin were the first in line, they excitedly ran over to sit next to me, cautious not to drop their food, since I heard the food was sacred to them now that Wall Maria had fallen.

Everything that was their friend follows behind them, and sat either next to them or in front of us, being a tomato face.

"What you guys wondering about?"

I asked, achieving them jumping out of their seats from shock when they heard my voice.

"Wait, you sound like the girl that beat Mikasa yesterday in sparring!" exclaims Connie.

"Well, because that girl was me. Surprised?" I said while laughing.

Everyone at the table had their eyes on me as if I was the ultimate prize on the table.

Out of nowhere, dozens of questions are asked at once.

"How did you beat Mikasa?"

"How are you so strong?"

"Did you have training before you join the military?"

"Are you even human?!"

I choke on the last question, yet continued to smile as if nothing had offended me.

Armin was staring at all of them with disapprovement in his eyes.

"Let's see... beating Mikasa, you look at her movements. I'm strong because I have been training since I was about 3. So, yes, I have been training before I join the military for about 12 years." I answered, ignoring the last question.

They didn't notice that I ignore the last question, which I felt relieved.

I really didn't need them to figure out my other half species is another problem to humanity. 

Everyone began digging into their meal while I didn't eat mine.

I'm a demon, they need food since it's a struggle for them to get food, I'll just continue drinking animal blood.

Everyone was nearly done with their meal when Sasha pop out and said "Hey, Y/N! If you're not going to eat your food, can I have it please?"

I shrug and push my tray over to her.

"Yay!" Sasha celebrated, about to grab my food from my tray before Connie pushes the tray out of Sasha's reach, making the tray be position back where it started.

"Y/N, you also need to eat. You didn't even eat anything. Even if you did, you going to need your energy for today."

I slightly smile, and said, "No, I'm not a single bit hungry, now excuse me, I think I'll be at the training field. Sayonara!"

I jump out of my seat and ran out, not noticing everyone at the table who saw my smile all blush.

While walking down to the training field, I saw Levi and Hange, along with about 10 other people behind them.

"Yo, Y/N-chan! Come here, will ya?" Hange yelled at me, and I walk over to her, cautious of those who were behind her.

She real quick pointed out the people behind them, who were known as the Levi Squad and Hange Squad.

"We need to test you out, for the hand-to-hand combat, 3DMG, and we assume you already did your daily routine since we found quite a mess at the track."

I nod, saying "Yes, I did. I got to say, you could make it at least 10 times bigger. I had to run 3000 times just to get tired."

Ignoring my suggestion, shorty grabs my arm and drags me to a random forest along with Hange and their squad tailing behind us.

I look up at the humongous trees I saw outside the wall and smiled. Seems like I can do some stretching again.

Hange walk over to me with what I guess was a 3DMG. You got to be kidding me.

Oluo was trying to make me wear it, yet I kept refusing.

Oluo and I then begin a ruckus, causing everyone to come over and see what was going on.

Mikasa ran over to my side and said "Y/N, you have to wear that, or else you won't be able to escape or kill the titans!"

I frown, asking "Did I use this when I killed titans? I assure you I do not need such gear, let alone stop me."

Before they could continue pushing me to wear it, I jump up to a branch on the tree and unsheathe my nirchirn katana. 

"Let, the game begin then," I shout while smiling. 

I saw Levi, Hange, Mikasa, Armin, Reiner, Bertholdt, and Annie coming at me with their gears. 

I laugh, this was definitely going to be interesting.

"What the hell brat, get your to gear on before you injure yourself!" Levi screams at me, only having me sticking my tongue out at him.

"As if!" I shout back, starting to jump from branch to branch, doing some somersaults in midair every once a while, and smile.

Man, it really felt a nice feeling like back at Demon Slayer Corps.

I look behind me and saw all 7 of them as the size of an ant. I laugh while saying "Is that all you have? I really think you should ditch that gear and do what I'm doing if that thing is just that slow. You'll be eaten before you even know it with that."

Of course, I knew the titans were slow as snails, but I gotta warn them. 

Who knows, they could die anyway in their teenage years, and that was not something I want to see.

I saw some big human shape looking wood. I guess that was the 'titan' I'm supposed to kill.

Jumping ahead towards it, I didn't use my breathing and slash the whole neck of the wooden titan's head off.  

Well, this is not fun. I was expecting something else than this.

Couldn't we do the final selection?

Back then, it was scary, but now looking back, it was quite fun, and much more interesting than this.

I sighed and continued slashing the wooden titan's neck off cleanly, clearly not acknowledging that Instructor Shadis was hiding on a branch, taking as many notes as he could on me.

I suddenly stop, feeling a demon. Not just any demon though...

I felt Kokushibo's aura around.

Word Count: 1227

May 8th, 2021