Chapter 32

Y/N's POV

As I grab Levi away from the titan and land on the branch where Erwin was and look back at where I was previously standing.

The demons were ripping the titan's flesh quickly, and biting it, and I could tell they were somehow getting stronger.

"This is delicious! We have been blessed thanks to the princess, or we would still be starving!" One of the demons shouted, his mouth full of flesh and blood.

Everyone was traumatized by what they were seeing, but I stayed calm.

"You will kill the human inside the giant body alive, or else I can make sure this is your last meal," I mention, and snap my fingers, making sure that if they were to hurt whoever was in the titan a bit, they would get killed immediately. 

Sure, this was quite cruel, but then this person probably dozens of souls, doing their best to save their people.

So, I'm sure Oyakata-sama wouldn't mind?

Oh who am I kidding, he's going to be furious if he finds out what I'm doing. I could end up letting them eat the person inside.

But then they're as bad as demons, so?...

Ughhh, I don't even know what to think by this point, humans are just as confusing as Hange's personality. 

I turn around and toss a container that I knew was filled with air to Levi and spoke "Might as well refill it without wasting your time watching this terrible scene." 

I ignore his look and look back at the feast for the demons.

I gotta admit, I was a bit tempted, but I made a promise to myself that I'll never eat another living thing again, besides an animal since I'll just take the blood of the animal.

I yelled at the closest demon near the nape "Oi, is there a human in there?"

He shook his head, saying "You said not to eat the human, so we let them go."

"WHAT?"

All 10 of them flinch and screamed. 

How could they allow the person to escape?

I raise my katana that was still in my hand, furious.

"You idiots! You have to be kidding me!" I was furious, but then it was half my fault. I didn't tell them to keep the person from running away.

I then look over to where I last saw the titan body and saw it was evaporating into the air.

And we all heard a loud roar from deeper inside the forest. 

"Fuck!" I shouted.

I look back at the nervous demons, saying "Get out of my sight and don't touch any of them. I find out, you're calling for early death."

They all quickly nodded and ran out of here, but still in the forest since it's still day. 

I look at Levi behind me, who shouted "Hurry! They could be after Eren!"

I mutely nodded and we both took off, going deeper into the forest in the direction that Eren went with the rest of Levi's squad.

As we got deeper into the forest, I found a body laying on a tree branch. 

I jump from branch to branch to get closer to the body and saw it was Gunther's body.

His head was barely connected to his body, hanging on a couple of bits of his skin...

Levi shoots his 3DMG over to me and notices Gunther, his face dropped at his dead squad member.

We sat there for a few seconds in despair, but we hurried into the forest.

We both knew we couldn't just sit there, moaning over a friend's death. We had to hurry or else the others will end up the same as Gunther.

I lift my mask a bit, wiping the tears that were falling down my face, doing my best not to cry more.

This was just like back in Demon Slayer Corps, with all the victims died because of those demons. 

Oto-san... no, Muzan... I will never forgive you. We will die together if I have to just remove you from this world.

And we got closer, only to hear loads of noises, and seeing the top half remaining of Eld's body...

What the hell is going on?

I know this wasn't the work of a demon, or else their bodies would be long gone. 

This has got to be that titan's work.

"I swear, I will fucking murder that disgusting titan even if I have to keep regrowing my limbs over 100 times!..." I muttered.

On our way, we saw Oluo and Petra's bodies also dead, their eyes with no life.

Why didn't I be more clear with my orders to those demons? 

Why did they have to die so soon like the Demon Slayers?

Why the hell is this world so cruel?

Suddenly, out of nowhere, there was an insane amount of grumbles I couldn't ever guess to understand. 

"WAGHHH! GRAAAA! GWAGHHHHH!"

Is that what I- no, not what.

Who I think it is.

Then I heard something getting impacted into a tree. 

And something that sounded like people were fighting.

So I was right. Eren is a titan, fighting whoever is in the titan.

This idiot... he still struggles to do combat, and still attempts to fight?

Still the airhead after a month... I really need to choke the air out of him.

I swiftly yet rapidly jump faster and faster, not waiting for Levi now.

There is no way I could allow Eren to get hurt farther, not one of my childhood best friends.

Fuck it, if I were even a regular demon, I would goddamn give up my neck for him.

As I got closer, I heard Mikasa.

"ERENNN!" 

I finally got to the scene, and I saw one of the most horrifying things I would ever want to see any of my comrades go through.

Eren was being eaten by the titan.

I glance over to where I heard Mikasa's voice, and her face was in disbelief.

The titan even surprisingly wipes her mouth from the blood and ran off. 

"W-wait, Eren... Don't go.." Mikasa stuttered, tears falling down her face.

I jump over to Mikasa's side and squeezed her shoulders in comfort.

She looks at me, and I really am glad I wore my mask now so she can't see my hurtful face.

"He's dead. It's over, Mikasa." 

She looks at me, outraged with what I said.

"No! Eren can't die yet! How can you believe something so stupid like that, Y/N?!"

"Mikasa, you idiot... Do not tell me joining the Survey Corps made you into another airhead. I'm being realistic, even if Eren were to be alive, which I hope, it would be the slightest chance."

She spun around, looking in the direction the titan took off, and nod her head.

"But still, Eren can still be alive in her mouth, Y/N!"

"I hope so, Cadet Ackermann."

We both turn to see Levi behind us, standing there with his blades ready.

"Now let's go on a manhunt."

Word COunt: 1128

May 26th, 2021