Chapter 21

Y/N's POV

The air was tense, very tense, like when any demon sees oto-san.

We all sat there in the quiet room, with both me and Eren staring at the ground.

Hange, who thankfully spoke up for me, said "She's a demon, Eren. Half-demon, technically, since her oto-san is a demon, and her oka-san is a human.

Her family was killed by her oto-san because they were all human, and he was only able to achieve one half-demon while the rest of her siblings were humans.

Her oka-san was nothing but to help him start his plan, and Y/N is the pawn of his entire plan."

I owe Hange my life, even though I have unlimited life really...

I force myself to look up at Eren, his eyes, wide open, what was he feeling?

Scared? Worried? Nervous?

Hange kept glancing back and forth at me and Eren and had the worst. Idea. In the world.

"Ne, Y/N! Since you can't talk about it, why don't you show him-"

"Absolutely not, Hange. It's harder to vision it even than talk about it. There is no way I can show anyone, let alone Eren to see my past. His past has traumatized him enough, I refuse him to see my unfortunate past."

Hange, refusing to give up, tried again.

"Please! He has every right to know about the demons and the outer world!"

"And who the hell gives the authorities to let him see my past? Me."

Now that finally made her shut up.

I had enough of this bullshit.

"Demons, are much harder to kill than Titans, let alone they're basically the same but size and power. You think that even when you guys die from titans, you can let him see?"

Eren was freaking out with what I was saying.

"So you're telling me that these demons eat humans too? For absolutely no reason?!" He screams, making me rub my ears in the process.

"Indeed, they do, but human is the reason they get stronger. The more innocent souls they eat, the stronger and less humanity they have in them."

"Humanity? They have no humanity, they're monsters! You ate humans before, haven't you then, Y/N, since you're a demon too, aren't you?"

I flinch at the words 'ate human', and sighed and rub my forehead.

I guess I really should just tell him the truth by this point.

"Hai, I have. Oto-san had force-fed me the dead bodies of my family. I was then forced to train with other demons, in order to be his successor, which is unnecessary, since demons can live forever."

I stood up, with my legs feeling like jelly.

"Excuse me, but I think I will excuse myself. Once I believe you are ready to see the past, I will show you and the rest of the squad Eren. Good night, and I'll be patrolling around the area for demons, Hange, so do tell Levi that."

Hange slightly nodded, and I walk out of the room, body shaking at what I just spoke.

Why the hell did I even tell him? 

It was pointless even telling them, if I even told them, they would want to kill the demons and waste their lives!

I punch the wall that was the closest to me, crumbling the stone into dust, and allow the tears to fall down my face that I was holding onto when I told Eren my past.

Shit... shit!

Why the hell did I have to be the one who became a half-demon!

It was a selfish idea, but it was so unfair.

I could have just died painfully, but not dying alone. I could be having another life, a much better one, than the one I have to go through now!

And not only that, I fucking have to live forever!

Why the hell does god hate me so much, what have I done to have this fate?

I ran out of the building to where I saw a bunch of trees.

I punch them, letting out all my anger, screaming. 

"FUCKING GODDAMN SHIT! WHY THE HELL AM I EVEN RELATED TO THAT MAN, WHY?"

I cried, in sync with kicking another tree down.

"Why the hell was I even born?... I hate my fate... I hate being a goddamn half-demon... Why couldn't I be a normal human, or even be a full demon! I would at least have chances to die, but NO! SO GOD, FUCKING TELL ME WHY I HAVE THIS FATE!"

I kept punching and kicking trees repeatedly, tears rolling down my face, till I knocked down about 40 trees.

I sat down from punching and kicking all trees, still sobbing.

After sitting for what I estimated 3 minutes, I stood up and wipe my tears.

I hate crying and acting weak, but I couldn't help it.

I held all of this, for weeks. I had been trying to be calm like Oyakata-sama wishes me to, yet this was so hard to contain.

How the hell was Shinobu able to do this? Was this doing this for something?

I heard a bush moving, and at my lightning speed, grab the thing that made the bush shake, and saw Levi.

I went back to acting nothing was wrong and put on a forced smile.

"Konbawa, Levi."

He 'tch', and said "I was here the whole time, you don't need the fake acting, Cadet Y/N."

I drop my happy acting, glad not having to do it. I was not in the mood of doing so.

I sat back down, leaning against the tree trunk, with Levi following me and seat on the other side of the tree trunk.

"..."

"So, have you always been like this then?"

"Hai..."

He tch, saying "Why do you even act like you're always calm? I don't see the reason behind it."

"Oyakata-sama asks me to be calm for the others, if that's what he wishes, then I shall do so without hesitation. If he were to ask me to die, I would even do it. Oyakata-sama is the real oto-san I have, and I refuse anyone to take him away from me." I said, in one breath.

Levi was flustered with what I told him. I guess the part when I die that I would die if Oyakata-sama asked me to because I heard nobody here would want to die. 

Well, unless you're abnormal, like me. I hate even having to exist, to be frank.

"I see you hate your own oto-san, tell me why?"

I hesitated. I mean, it's not every day that you tell a person about your relationship with your oto-san.

"Oto-san's a demon... the person who started all of this shit... demons who eat humans, have supernatural powers, creatures that can live for eternity if they are careful, and were once humans..."

"Were you once a human?"

That, just made me start tearing up again.

"No, never had the chance to. I was born immediately as a half-demon. Nii-san and Nee-san were, fortunately, to be born as humans, yet die at such a young age."

"Why are you against your oto-san's side"

This conversation was getting on my nerves.

I stood up and angrily told him "You saw the vision of my past, you should know that question. And excuse me, you have got on the last nerves of me.

I will excuse myself before I end up killing someone, hopefully, a demon if there is one around here. Sayonara." 

I jump about 20 feet above ground after telling him that I was leaving, and went towards the entrance of the nasty-looking building.

I took a stroll around the building, with my katana in my hands. 

After a couple of hours, it was sunrise, cueing me it was safe for now.

I stumble back into the building, and into the Mess Hall, with everyone eating their breakfast.

Everyone saw me and tried to not freak out, but Eren was just mad.

Levi was nowhere to be seen though, so I thought he was still sleeping.

"Ne, Y/N..." Oluo said, giving me a scowling look.

"Did you eat Levi heichou?" Petra asked, with everyone trying their best to give me a death glare, with their blades out.

Word Count: 1317

May 15th, 2021