Chapter 30

Y/N's POV

I saw the girl-looking titan raising her feet, and Armin was right under her feet.

"ARMIN, WATCH OUT!"

He was too slow to react and was fortunate to not get stepped on and get blast away from the intense wind created by the stomp.

"Armin!" Jean yelled, his horse galloping at where Armin landed.

I 'tch', and grabbed Jean's horse, stopping it.

"What the hell are you doing Y/N? Can't you see that titan is about to kill Armin?!"

I made a quiet pose, mumbling "That titan somehow avoid stepping on top of Armin, I want to see what reason was for it."

Reiner was a bit far away from us, so he hurried over with his horse, his face concerned for what he had witnessed.

We watched the titan gently lifted Armin's hood, revealing his face, and the girl-looking titan just stood up and ran off towards the left-wing.

Jean and Reiner both went to Armin, while I stood there, puzzled by what I just saw.

"Why didn't she attack Armin?..." I said, thinking out loud. 

Slapping my checks, I focus on what was happening in front of me, and I jogged over to Armin's side.

I right away notice a bruise on his hand, and I sighed.

"Armin, you got to be kidding me..."

He looked at me, not understanding what I meant when I said that.

I just nudged him, and healed his hand with my blood arts, and looked at the other 2.

"You guys need healing at all either?"

They both shook their head, and I slightly smile behind my mask.

At least some people weren't so weak like Armin, but then it wasn't Armin's fault for being weak.

He tried at least.

I snap my fingers and allowed my wings to appear.

I flap my wings within my command and looked at the other 3. 

"Try and get that girl titan's attention. We must stop it from attacking the rest of the operation."

They seem to fluster with what I said. Did they think I didn't know anything about this?

"I already knew this, alright? Erwin was a fool leaving such information on his desk, not hidden. Now go, I will assist you guys."

They nod in response, and hurried to hop on their horses, and snap their lead, telling their horses to go forward.

I smile, proud of them. They seem different as if they really had mature in such a short time period.

Why do I feel like an instructor that just saw their students pass the Final Selection? This is probably what Oyakata-sama felt, but then who knows.

I spread open my wings, and flew in the air, following after Armin and his small team.

Say, who's the captain of this small team?

Armin would be a good one since he's great at strategizing, Reiner could be also for his wit.

Jean, Uhm...

Unless he can talk to horses, how about no?

I don't have much faith in him, since he's such an airhead like Eren.

I saw Armin telling the others something, and they pulled their hoods up, covering their faces.

I smirk, understood what Armin was planning right off the bat.

If this girl titan was planning not to attack them without knowing who they are, they would delay her from attacking them by covering their faces.

Armin, you really have grown up, smarter, not by strength.  

As we approach closer to the titan, I grab my katana out of my cover.

I heard Armin screaming "Y/N, don't!" 

But I didn't listen.

I shouted "Death Breathing, 4th form, Swirling Thrust!"

This form was really useless, but it should help Armin and the others plan their idea out since this was supposed to make the titan feel a bit tired.

I knew that flying was going to take up my stamina fast, so I fell down, having to run instead of fly now.

Once my feet made contact with the floor, I rush to follow the other 3, pacing behind to make sure that the titan didn't get too close to us.

I look down, deep in my thoughts.

How was this titan even thinking? 

I thought titans couldn't even think at all...

Is this one of those abnormal ones that I heard Hange talking about on the carriage that day?

If they are, then shit, they're so screwed for life. 

And I didn't notice till I got flung over to the air from the impact of the wind.

"FUCK!" I swore out loud, just noticing the titan was in front of me so soon, grabbing one of my friends.

And she got Armin, again.

She would be great at choosing which is a demon and which is not if she was in the Demon Slayer Corps. 

Not.

She, again, repeating what she did a few minutes ago, let go of Armin.

Except instead of letting her run off again, Jean used his 3DMG to get onto her hand and tried slicing it off.

Did he seriously just try something like that when he can't even cut the head off of titans? 

Well, sayonara then if you die, Jean.

Luckily before I could say that, Jean was saved.

But Reiner got caught in the titan's hand.

"Reiner!" both of them shouted, freaking out.

I stood there, calm about this.

Why?

Because I know Reiner is quite strong enough to get out of that titan's grip. There's no way he's going to go down like this.

But I took it back, when the titan smush Reiner tighter in her hands, and raised her thumb to cover the sunlight front, Reiner.

Jean was about to shoot his 3DMG and try and save him, and I had to grab him again.

"My god, for once, stop trying to do that? Reiner will get out, I know it."

Jean grab my neck and lift me from the ground, but I just let him, not concerned.

"How the hell would you know? Just because you can't die doesn't mean everyone can't!"

Now that pisses me off.

"I believe I showed you my pass? After what you guys did? Now get your disgusting fingers off of me, or I'll make sure that you won't die so easily and won't ever see the sunlight or have fun again."

He perhaps knew what I meant, because he shortly let go of my neck.

And we both turn to look back at the titan's hand.

Please, Reiner. Get out of that giant hand...

Thankfully, he did get out, entering back into the world with a spin. 

"Woo-hoo!" I yelled, applauding him.

I knew it wasn't the right moment, but hey, he got it!

The titan was staring at its hand and rapidly ran off to somewhere, which all I knew was that it wasn't going to where it was going earlier. 

Don't tell me that it has something in its hand that can tell where she wants to go...

Or was it what I think it is?

I shake my head, not wanting to believe what I was guessing.

But then it was possible.

I look back and saw all 3 of them injured this time, unlike last time.

I instantly rush over to them, and grab 2 of Reiner's arm, and heal it. 

I then did the same with the other 2, and they were thinking plans.

Except there was a slight problem...

"Where is my horse?!" Jean asks, furious, which I could relate to.

It's like saying why out of all the times, a demon had to appear during a festival.

Jean kept whistling for his horse, and Reiner was strapping a bandage to Armin's head, even though I tried healing it, it still wasn't healed completely.

After a minute, I got impatient, and spoke out: 

"Screw your horse, Jean. Someone's going to grow some wings for a moment right now."

Word Count: 1243

May 24th, 2021