Chapter 26

Y/N's POV

I jump out of my bed and grab an outfit that looked like the outfit I wore before I fell asleep 2 weeks ago, except it had the Wings of Freedom on the back instead of 2 swords clashing each other.

I guess I miss the choosing ceremony, and maybe Erwin told them all about me, being a half-demon.

I suppose I have made more enemies or people who will be afraid of me.

Man, a great way to start thinking right when I wake up.

I snap my finger, making the presents vanish, and picked up the letter.

The thing is, who should I go to first?

It was the morning, so it was likely that everyone was at the Mess Hall eating, but then Levi is my superior, but then he could be at the Mess Hall too, eating, right?

Ughhh, who to choose? My squadmates, or Levi?

Screw it, we're going to the Mess Hall.

I walk out of the room I was staying in that I wasn't aware of and explore around the place till I could find an exit. 

After 6 minutes, I found a way out finally and ran out to the opening.

I inhale a big chunk of air, feeling relaxed.

Now it's time for some fun.

I sprint to the headquarters ' Mess Hall and slam open the doors.

And that earns me a 'tch' from our shorty.

Oh, and some people screaming, saying a titan has arrived.

Reason why?

I have no clue.

I did the superman posture for a few seconds, and ran out, feeling embarrassed.

God, why did I even do that?

I already made a fool of myself the moment I woke up from sleeping for 2 weeks!

I walk over to Erwin's office, since one of the letters was Erwin, pleading me to do him favor the moment I woke up.

And since I just made a joke out of myself in front of my crewmates, and Levi probably wasn't happy with me since I slam the doors open, and I refuse to get near Hange right now, Erwin is my only choice. 

Once I found a door that was labeled 'Commander's Office', I knock on the door 3 times, and getting a question "State your name and business."

"Y/N Kibutsuji, and you asked me to do you a favor once I woke up."

The door was at once swung open, with Erwin's eyes large as heck.

"Cadet Ki- I mean, Y/N. I'm glad you have finally woken up from your slumber after 2 weeks. Come on in."

Well, hopefully, I won't make a fool out of myself this time with Erwin.

I step into his office and closing the door behind me.

I face Erwin, who was settling back into his seat behind the desk, starting to get back into the business.

"So, what did you want me for, Erwin?"

"It's about the demons."

I froze. The demons? What the heck does he know? Or wants to know? 

Did Hange tell him about her hypothesis?

AM I SCREWED UP FOR LIFE?

"Can you capture a demon for Hange to experiment on?"

Huh?

"Excuse me? You're really asking me to capture a demon, a man-eating creature that is more dangerous than a titan by a lot, to allow Hange to experiment on, with her life on the line?" 

He nods, and I sigh.

"Erwin, as much as I hate Hange, I'm not risking her life. Continue testing on me, though they are painful, but not another demon. They are unpredictable, and yet worst, could escape and kill other innocent souls."

"You're not a full demon, Y/N, which is why Hange asked my permission to get a demon from you. She thinks that because you're half-demon, that there could be things that could kill a demon."

I shook my head, still refusing his offer. 

What does he not understand? I don't want any of them hurt by our business!

I stood up and pause once my hand was about to touch the handle of the door.

"Erwin, if you really want to get a demon, then you should watch out during the night. 

Ever need help, scream my name like my friends."

And I left him alone in his office, walking towards the sunlight.

These guys really are idiots...

I want to hang out with Amane and her kids again, even though it has only been 13 minutes ago since I woke up. 

Now I think about it, how did I even sleep for 2 weeks?!

It only felt like an hour though...

Does it have to do with-

"Oof!" the sound my mouth made, as I bump into someone.

I rub my head, and look up, facing our precious shorty man.

He 'tch', and spoke "In my office, now."

I shrug, and got onto my feet, and pat my uniform, and the following shorty.

He opens the door to an office that was averagely clean to me, but maybe insanely clean to the others. 

He walks and sat down behind the chair, and stares at me in a weird way. 

"So, I got a favor to ask, brat." 

"It's about getting a demon for Hange's experiment, I presume?"

He was surprised for only a second and went back to his normal face.

"Hai, it is. Hange has begged us for weeks since you fell asleep, and nobody here knows how to find, or let alone capture one. So we have been waiting for you to wake up and help us."

I rolled my eyes, and spoke out:

"Levi, I already told Erwin this, but since you weren't there, I shall repeat it. I refuse your offer, I doubt even capturing a demon that will be under my control will prevent Hange's death, and hundreds of others."

"You will do it, we want to know more about demons that are also a danger to humanity."

My god, are they this dense?

I slam my hands onto the table, shouting "This is exactly why I didn't want to tell you guys about demons!

You guys would be trying everything just to kill them when you guys absolutely have no way of killing them! 

If you guys can't even run 100 laps, and that's beginner stuff! I do not see the reason why I should be assisting such a suicidal plan!" 

He stayed quiet, and I was furious.

They all only cared about killing something that was dangerous to them, but what about their lives?

Is killing the only thing they care about even?

I took a shaky breath, saying "I apologize for screaming at you, Captain, now excuse me, I believe I have someone I have to meet up with." 

I step out of the door, and heard Levi saying "Cadet Kibut-"

"Call me by that, and I will make sure the demons will eat you," I said, my eyes with the pupils silted.

And I slam the door, ending our conversation.

Word Count: 1112

May 20th, 2021