Chapter 13

Y/N's POV

Me and Mikasa both clean up after an hour of sparring each other, leaving baldy an impression.

Apparently, I had to do the salute that everyone in the military had to do, and I had to call baldy 'Instructor Shadis'. I like baldy better, fits him better.

As I walk out of the bathroom I took a shower, I found my red eyes looking in an unfamiliar room.

Where was I again?- Oh wait, this was my new bedroom with some other girls.

I walk over to a bed under Mikasa and found a leather coat that had 2 swords clashing on each other on the back of it, with a pair of pants.

There was a note on top of the neatly folded clothes, which I picked up and read 'Meet me and Armin at the Training Field, we want to ask you something - Mikasa'

I shrug at the note and got myself into the uniform.

It somehow was perfect for my size, I wonder how they got my measurements...

Eh, whatever.

I grab my black cloak and my mask and put both of them on, and walk out of the room.

As I was on my way out to the training field, I found Levi, Hange, and Erwin with them.

"Tch, I thought I told you to remove those things brat."

"And I thought I told you that I would refuse to take them off after what you guys did on the carriage."

Armin and Mikasa look at the 3 of the superiors, with Hange and Erwin giving an embarrassed look, and Levi still in his stoic face.

"We had to get information about you if you wouldn't tell us anything about your past, we even tried asking those 3 beforehand, and they didn't even know your past. We don't even have records of you."

I sigh, looking at the starry night. It was truly beautiful, but I miss the days back hiding in the mountains, enjoying my time practicing my swordsmanship. 

"Hey Y/N?... How come you don't show your face?" Armin whispered while asking me the question.

"Is that the main reason you asked me over here?"

My best friends nod, looking down at the ground.

"If I were to put this in the best way possible, I would just say there are certain people trying to kill me for being related to oto-san, and I hate my features. My features, no matter how beautiful or ugly they are, reminds me of oto-san.

I already made a promise to myself that I would kill him, just how he killed my human family, merciless." I said, with bitterness in my voice.

Erwin, proposing his idea "Well, can we see your face then? I will guarantee that none of us here will want to kill you and that you will be safe with us."

I hesitated. Of course, it would be nice to stop hiding after 5 years, I want to not look different from the others, but then my genetics...

I took off my hood, revealing my black hair, and remove my mask, revealing my plum red eyes and pale skin.

I made my pupils normal, and have no fangs so that they wouldn't find me too dangerous.

 They all look surprised at my action, and all of their faces became red a bit.

Now it's my turn to be surprised.

"Hey, you guys sick? You all just turn red like blood, perhaps you should all go in."

They all nodded quickly, but Hange just said before they could go off to bed "Y/N-chan, don't you think we can tell these 2 and Eren? I mean, they kind of deserve to know it, a-as long they don't tell the others I mean!"

I growled, annoyed by her idea. 

But then she was telling the truth, these 3 did deserve the full story.

"Fine, but I won't be telling them, I will be showing my past instead."

Our surroundings suddenly change and reveal the miserable and painful life I had, behind me. 

Erwin, Mikasa, and Armin all were looking behind me, while Levi and Hange were looking away, refusing to see my memories again.

I don't blame them, it's something no one should ever witness, let alone children.

I saw everything that was happening behind me in my head. Just hearing it reminds me of that terrible day.

Once the memories that Levi and Hange had witnessed on the carriage were over, our surroundings went back to normal, seeing that the floor I kept staring at the whole time was dusty again instead of bloody.

We stay silent the whole time, till I interrupted 

"Gomenasai, I think I will have to bed, sayonara."

I jump ahead, sprinting towards the unfamiliar bedroom I was to live in with the other female comrades I would be training with. 

Once I reach the door, I silently open the door as quietly as I could and did the same process while closing the door.

I turn around to see all the girls sleeping in peace, looking like angels.

God, an actual half-demon, is going to sleep in here with angel-looking humans. How unfortunate for these girls.

Me, being tired after showing those 5 my past, grab into my F/C (Favorite Color) nightgown and hop into it, and step over to my bunk.

I fell face-first right into my pillow, making an 'oof' sound.

I flip around, and grab a blanket that was on my bed and fold it neatly on my bed.

I was a half-demon, I really didn't need to sleep, thanks to the demonic side of me. I could just continue practicing my swinging, I could maybe even learn to make my own breathing form.

Well, if I am going to pretend to like a human, I should probably start acting like one, instead of skipping 'lights out.

They don't even know I'm half-demon, so I guess it would get kind of suspicious if I don't sleep like the rest of them.

Except oto-san made it scary for me to sleep.

My dreams, or technically nightmares, were always either oto-san feeding me the remaining of my dead family, or my dead family shaming me for not able to protect them.

So far, my favorite nightmare has been getting my head cut off by a pillar. 

Master Ubuyashiki said he would one day announce that I was a pillar among them when the time comes, especially when oto-san will declare war.

But then that was a while ago, who knows if he forgot. Maybe oto-san won't even declare war.

That was some nonsense hope there, now I think about it. Oto-san will do anything to remove anything that's in his way, which is the Demon Slayer Corps.

God, why was this world so annoying?!

I heard a small squeak at the door, and saw Mikasa, doing her best to come in without making as much notice as possible, except it kind of fail, since she was causing quite a ruckus with that door. 

She looks embarrassed, and apologized "Gomenasai, Y/N."

"It's fine, I'm used to this back when I was outside the walls."

She raises an eyebrow, now suspicious of me.

"You lived outside the walls, Y/N?"

"Well, yes, that was where I was born.

Once you guys can achieve your life goal, which is extracting all the titans, and while mine, is to destroy all the demons.

Then I will take you to where I was born, and show you the sea, the desert, everywhere Armin has always wish to go when we were children."

Her eyes, went from dull and sadistic, to be jubilant. I giggled at her reaction.

I guess she really did want to go out the walls as much as Armin did, despite her always stopping them from going out there when we were younger.

I pat her head, making her face red, and said "Go to sleep, I have a feeling tomorrow will be a long day."

She slightly smiled, and replied "You too, Y/N. Good night, I hope you get sweet dreams."

I kept smiling till she finishes changing and climb up to her bed, and once snoring, I wipe the smile off my face and look at the window next to my bed. 

"I need not a single speck of rest, Mikasa, I haven't even told you the full truth when you saw my past..."

I want to say thank you for the 185 reads! I did not expect to read this much within a bit over a week! This makes me glad that you guys are actually enjoying it! Thank you again so much!

Word Count: 1400

May 7th, 2021