Chapter 39

Y/N's POV

Once we got to the gate of Wall Rose, mostly everyone in 104th Scout Corps was awake.

Reiner, don't bother. He got that extra nap for somehow hitting his pressure point blindly. 

I allowed all the Scouts that were on their horses to go in front of me, so I wouldn't get in their way if I was pushing too slow through the town.

As I heard the bell in the town ringing, there was a rumble underneath us, signaling that the gate was opening up.

Everyone's horses were walking through the gate, so I push the cart behind them, pulling up my cloak even though I had my mask on already. 

What can I say? Habits I suppose.

As I continue to push through the town that had appeared before my eyes, I heard some negative comments from the citizens of the town.

"These guys are wasting our taxes on their useless expeditions!"

"They're back for lunch, huh?!"

"What's the point supplying these guys?"

I grit my teeth and push the cart faster a bit, not wanting to hear such stuff from them.

Do they even know what it's like out there?

They really are the pigs in the pen.

Once we got far from the town, I stop pushing the cart and sat down.

"Are you tired, Y/N? I can help you and push the cart if you need to rest." Armin requested, and I just shook my head.

"Armin, you lack physical strength. I can handle it fine myself, thank you though."

He blushes in embarrassment, and nods, facing Eren and Mikasa again, who were talking about something. 

I got up again on my feet and started to push the cart again, except I might have pushed it too fast because once I started to push the cart, everyone on the cart was screaming and holding to the edge of the cart for their life.

"Y-Y/NNNN!" Connie shouted, looking at me.

"THIS IS SOO FASTTTTTTT! YAA-HOOOO!" Sasha yelled, the only one not holding on to anything and jumping on the cart.

Eren was looking down on his knees, his face being all green.

I at once stop, causing Sasha to bump her head to the front of the cart.

"Oof!" She said, while everyone had their face over the cart and their mouths were puffed out.

"Oh, crud..." I muttered, watching them all puke.

"Gomenasai, lots of things on my mind, I suppose," I said, scratching my neck.

Everyone sweatdrop while looking at me, which I have no clue why, but I'll just roll with it.

I sat down and look over my shoulders, seeing that everyone was very tiny from our view, so I decide to sit and rest to wait for them to catch up with us.

Eren was attempting to get out of the cart in which I noticed so I walk over to him and pulled my hand out of my cloak to help assist him.

He grabs my hand and I gently pulled him out of the cart onto the grass, and he got on all 4 and puked. 

On my shoes.

I stare at him in disgust, and he looks up at me, flustered by his actions.

"Revolting..." I muttered, snapping my fingers to remove the disgusting green goo off my shoes and on the fresh-looking grass.

Eren was glancing at me every once in a while, still on all 4. This just got to the point where I was pissed, and questioned him "What the hell you keep looking at me for?"

His body shook for a moment, then said "Gomenasai..." 

I furrow my eyebrows, trying to comprehend what he was trying to do.

Was he trying to apologize for what happened back then?

Or the incident just recently?

I just wave him off, saying "It's fine. I don't even know what you saying gomenasai for, but get it over with."

He then grins so wide, that I swear I saw some flowers floating behind him...

How the heck is this airhead so positive during all the times?

I heard the horse stomps and turn around to see all the Scouts coming closer to us, so I picked him Eren in the bridal style and place him in the cart along with the rest of the 104th cadets.

Once they all caught up, Hange decided to get 2 horses to pull the cart, since she wanted to talk to me about something...

Oh shit. 

"NE, NE, Y/N! HOW DID YOU JUST RUN SO FAST LIKE A LIGHTING!"

I shrugged, not giving her an exact answer, but it seems to satisfied her enough.

"Can you run fast like that if you do that breathing thing that we were trying to learn back at your place?" 

"No, Total Concentration will help you, but not the primary reason to help you run that fast." 

She immediately grabs out her notepad and a pencil from a bag that was strap onto her horse and wrote down everything I told her.

Did she really just carry that notepad with her during an expedition? 

Hange looks over at me and smiled.

I guess my confusion was visible. 

"I guess you're wondering why I carry a notepad even though I could be going to be death huh, Y/N?"

I nod, facing ahead of me instead of looking at Hange.

She must've thought I wasn't giving her my attention anymore because she bent down and shook my shoulders hard with one of her hand.

"Jeez, Hange! I'm paying attention to whatever you have to say, just say it!" 

"At least look interested, Y/N!" She whines, and I rolled my eyes at her action.

I gazed at her, forcing a fake smile, and said sarcastically "Ara, do tell me why you carry a notepad!"

She probably missed my sarcasm in my voice, because her face was glee, and started speaking nonsense. 

"Well, since if I die, I can leave my notepad to whoever finds it and understand more about titans! Plus, it's a great way to write it down instead of storing it in your mind when you find something new!" 

And this girl continues to gamble on how amazing titans can be.

What a crazy mad scientist. 

It's no wonder how everyone will try and avoid her besides Mobilt.

I got a feeling that Mobilt likes her, but then who knows?

It could be part of his role from Erwin to stop Hange from going across the line doing her insane maniac stuff.

Before I even knew it, we got back to the Headquarters, with everyone that didn't go on the expedition with us in front of Headquarters.

Everyone was cheering since they could finally rest, but I got tense. 

I felt the same aura again, oto-san's aura.

I rose my hand, telling everyone to silent, and whispered "Get everything cleaned up, the horse ready, and refill your blades and gas."

"Oi, why are you whispering?" Levi asked, but fortunately had whispered. 

"Just stay outside. Things are going to get a bit messy."

I then ran into the Headquarters building, and I saw someone.

He one of the goddamn last people I would want to see. 

Word Count: 1206

June 3rd, 2021