Chapter 01

To think that Isabella would end up with her two eldest brothers was an unexpected twist but it made her happy. Or that's what Rafael would like to think. Honestly, she looked like she didn't mind her brothers, and Rafael counted that as a good sign.

They were currently in a car with the two eldest while Dante and Elois sat in a different car that drove ahead of them. They were headed to the airport already with a bunch of unknown men following them from behind with flashing black cars that would definitely catch the attention of the public.

Rafael shivered at the memory when those unknown men looked at them like they were going to drown them alive. He couldn't blame them. Those men probably saw him and Isabella as strangers to the Torres.

Commoners.

So far, Isabella mostly enjoyed Elois' presence because the boy was very energetic and his answers were endless when it comes to Isabella's endless and  nonsensical babbles that just fishes anyone's hearts from the depths of the darkness.

However, Isabella was just staring at her brothers now with a blank look plastered on her face. However, Lucius and Anthony looked like they didn't notice the awkward atmosphere.

Isabella whined sadly at the deafening silence. She always didn't like the silence. It was as if she was afraid of it. She whined again and patted Anthony's arm, yearning for some attention.

Rafael paled. He didn't like the idea of messing with the Torres. He planned on avoiding them, along with Isabella, for as long as he could. They were too dangerous for his munchkin. Isabella doesn't need the danger. She's supposed to stay safe.

He was about to apologize but Anthony smiled softly, causing the bodyguard to falter at the unusual expression. Up close, Anthony looked like a normal person.

"May I?" Anthony questioned kindly, sacrificing his index finger for Isabella to hold tightly on. She cooed and gurgled happily, waving his finger around while she looked at Anthony jovially.

"You don't have to ask permission just to hold your sister, sir. She's your sister, after all, isn't she?" Rafael mumbled, his heart racing in anxiety at just the thought of her family holding her but he had to hand her over. And, he did.

Anthony laughed nervously, carefully putting Isabella on his lap. The little girl made a noise that sounded so adorable for a little baby to make.

"Oh, please don't call me sir. It makes me feel very old."

Lucius spoke up without even looking at them. He was just looking out the window with a distant look plastered on his face. "You look like you're expecting us to kill her in the most brutal way if we were to hold her, that's why we ask." Lucius' gaze then went on him and it brought a shiver down Rafael's spine.

He grinned wolfishly when he saw the fear in Rafael's eyes. Lucius likes that look.  "Do you want us to do what you're expecting us to do? Hmm? Do you want your expectations to happen?"

The warning bells inside Rafael's head suddenly went off. He didn't like the way he sounded and the way he looked at him like he was actually going to do it if Rafael were to lower his guard. He didn't like it. The Lucius right now was serious. He was like a shark who's ready to attack and Rafael was someone who's drowning in water, just watching that shark with helplessness.

"Baba!" Isabella interrupted their conversation with a loud screech and a charming smile plastered on her face. She looks at Anthony, who placed his forehead against hers with a contented smile plastered on his face.

Anthony smiled at the baby with a smile. "Mi cielo." He whispered to Isabella, looking like she held his moon and stars. "Eres tan bonita, mi chiquita." He caressed her rosy cheeks with a fond look painted on his face.