Chapter 30

𝚃𝚒𝚖𝚎 𝚂𝚔𝚒𝚙:
𝙸𝚜𝚊𝚋𝚎𝚕𝚕𝚊 𝚃𝚘𝚛𝚛𝚎𝚜: 𝟷𝟷 𝚢𝚎𝚊𝚛𝚜 𝚘𝚕𝚍.

"Nic, for goodness' sake!" Isabella growled, pulling the thirteen year old boy by the collar inside of her house in annoyance.

Imagine her surprise when she was out sitting in front of the lake, enjoying the book that Nicolai recommended for her the other day when Nicolai, who came out of nowhere, came barreling towards her like a provoked bull!

And that hurts. It's a miracle how they didn't dive into the lake right there and then  Isabella would have hurt him severely.

She was even more surprised to see his usual beautiful face covered in bruises!

Isabella doesn't go to school, she preferred being homeschooled but Nicolai goes to school and she doesn't know how the boy gets his face all messed up.

How did the scaredy cat Nicolai become like this?

Isabella doesn't know.

"Let go of me!" Nicolai shouted, gently pulling himself out of Isabella's hold. "I'm fine!"

"No luches conmigo." Isabella warned,  glaring dangerously at Nicolai. She didn't even noticed that she spoke in a different language because she was too busy assessing the bruises on her friend's face and the mess of his usual beautiful wavy raven hair. "You're obviously not fine."

(Don't fight me.)

Nicolai grumbled, avoiding her gaze. He crossed his arms stubbornly.

"Who hurt you?" Isabella asks, trying to calm herself. She brushed the strands of hair that was slightly hiding Nicolai's eyes. His hair was getting long but he wanted it long so Isabella usually brushes his hair out of his eyes, or sometimes, she combs his hair using her hand.

"Leave me alone." Nicolai said softly this time, glancing at her. "It's none of your business."

Isabella was annoyed at his answer and slapped the back of his head, causing him to whine in annoyance. Isabella smiled at him while holding his shoulder in a death grip. "You came here just to tell me that, huh? Is this what it is?"

He suddenly looked guilty and Isabella rolled her eyes. He should feel guilty.

You're my friend, right?" She asks after she let that guilt sizzle in his gut, making him all squirmy and looking like a child who wants to apologize but don't know how to.

Nicolai was confused by her question but he nodded slowly.

"And you love me, right?"

"Of course I do." Nicolai answered without any doubt in his words but he was still confused by where this was going.

Jeez. Isabella would have smiled at his answer if she wasn't annoyed at the boy. She really can't stay mad at Nicolai even if she wanted to.

"And, you know I love you, right?" Isabella smiled softly this time, still brushing some strands of hair off of his bruised face.

He nodded solemnly, looking a little guilty at his sudden outburst. He shouldn't be acting like a little kid in front of someone who's actually younger than him and someone who doesn't have any business as to why he's got some bruised face.

"Then of course I'd want to know why you gave me a mini heart attack when I saw your pretty face all bruised up." She exclaimed like her words were the most obvious thing before flicking his forehead.

"Don't call me pretty." He hissed at her, nursing his forehead.

"Uh-huh. You'll always be some damsel in distress for me." She teased before patting his cheek, earning a pained hiss from him. "Now, tell me why you're all ugly this time, princess."