Chapter 63

_Five Years Later_

Isabella walked towards the graveyard with a flower in hand. Somebody was holding the umbrella for her.

The rain poured down heavily. The atmosphere was grim and heavy as she walked towards a certain grave. She hummed a little with a little smirk plastered on her face.

"It's been a while." She exclaimed coolly while she looked at the flowers at hand. "I don't know what flowers to get." She chuckled. "Well, you don't like flowers to begin with but I bought one for you out of spite."

She gently kneeled down and placed the flowers down. She reached out to wipe the gravestone. Silence overtook and all she could do was listen to the rain pour down to the ground like drums.

"I always liked a game of chase." Isabella whispered after a while, looking up at the dark skies. "I like to catch people off guard. The surprise on their faces, the adrenaline."

Isabella looked back at the gravestone. "I found them." She whispered, remembering what happened all those years and anger she swore that day that she will find them.

That she will find them. She will find every single rat in every corner, in every hiding space and will kill ever last one of them. She will kill and she won't forget how they broke her to pieces, crushing her and throwing her away in the end.

She won't forget.

"Lady boss." Romeo's voice called out. "It's fucking pouring out here. You'll get your dress wet." He shouted over the loud rain.

"Salgamos de la lluvia, hermana." Ezri said as he held out the umbrella for his sister.

(Let's get out of the rain, sister.)

Isabella stood up. "I took everything that was theirs. Made them mine. I built an empire, hermano." Isabella's words turned dark. "And I'll put their heads on the guillotine."

Every innocent death they made, every business they created to control their people, every abandonment and every pain. Isabella will swallow it all and she make sure they taste their own medicine.

Isabella looked at Anthony's grave with a smirk. "Are you proud of me?" She asked before laughing, as if the thought was crazy. If she were young and naive like before, there would be no such thoughts and feelings such as revenge and anger and pain but she was different now. She changed. Isabella doesn't know if she changed for the better or worse but she changed and there was no going back now. "Now that I think about it, you won't be, yeah? Why would you be? You're hearing from me, your sister, that I'll kill dad and the others. But you know that they deserve it."

Ezri sighed. "That's enough."

"Enough of what?" Isabella turned sharply at him. "I'm just telling him the plan. It's not like he can stop me. He's dead."

Ezri looked at her, looking hurt and guilty. Probably because he was a part of the plan that Tatiana made.

She frowned. "Don't make that face." She snapped. "You pay." She poked his chest. "You'll pay for the things you've done. You'll pay for the things you planned because that's how you make it up to me. That's how I want you to suffer."

"Suffer by what? Staying by your side?" Ezri whispered, hurt and angry.

Isabella looked at the grave and nodded. "Yeah." She exclaimed firmly. "You stay beside me and you look at me in the eyes and be remembered of the things you've done and the things you'll do from now on."

"You're using me."

"I don't care." Isabella said coldly before shrugging. "Well, you don't care to begin with."

He nodded. "Yeah, I don't care." He confirmed.

She smirked. "Yeah, I figured. You like being used."

Ezri looked at the grave himself then at the skies. "It's all what I've been doing. Being used. Being a piece in a game. A puppet. If I don't be a piece then what am I to do now?"

Isabella didn't offer him words of comfort. Why should she? She doesn't have the right and she doesn't have the energy to do so. He's saying the truth, why should she deny what he said. Let him feel like a puppet.

Isabella glanced at him. "You'll turn against me, won't you?"

Ezri made a dissatisfied face before grumbling. "As if. You've got someone tailing me. I know it. You'll kill me the moment I do."

Isabella looked at him with a dark expression. She's got a look that's perfect for a boss. Cold, dark and no emotion slipped out of his poker face. She patted his shoulder firmly. "I will. I will so you better not forget that, Ezri." She moved closer until they were close. The look in her eyes were devoid of emotions. She threw emotions away the moment she was abandoned for good. Threw any attachments.  "Because I will put a bullet in your fucking head the moment you made the wrong move, do you understand me? If I ever catch you doing something behind my back, you better get ready to go to hell, do you understand me?"

Ezri looked at her, his eyes pleading her not to be this cold. This merciless. But he was partly at fault for making her like this. It was his fault for making her so bad.

"I said, do you understand me?"

Ezri looked down submissively. "Yes, boss."

Isabella smiled coldly and nodded. "Good." She said before patting his shoulder. Her expression changing from cold to something more comforting and friendly. An innocent face shouldn't be working in this kind of world.

But the world made her like this.

"I said get back, Isabella! It's fucking pouring!" Romeo grumbled.

Isabella rolled her eyes. "Yeah, yeah, old man." She mumbled and Ezri smiled.

"He's right, you know. We wouldn't want the boss to catch a cold."

She sighed. "A cold." Isabella scoffed, as though the idea was funny. "Well, whatever. See you later, Tony. I don't know where you are right now but I hope you're watching because I get to finally play their little game."