Chapter 14

Isabella was going to preschool.

Even if Elois and Anthony incessantly bellowed at their father for Isabella, pleading the man to wait another year or so for the little girl's chance to escape their humble abode where it's safe and sound. Dante thought that it was a good idea that Isabella is surrounded by children her age and not adults who's busy at times.

Therefore, the cries of those who wish for Isabella to stay at home was rejected harshly by the man of the house.

When Rafael heard to the news, he also joined at the cry fest with Anthony and Elois. Oh, how they weep their woes, it was as if they were grieving for someone.

And now, they're doing the said cry fest when they were now in front of their baby's preschool. The building was intimidating despite the colorful wall paintings that could probably allure children inside like a siren luring sailors to arrive at death's door.

"Honey." Elois wailed as he embraced his little sister tightly in his arms. It felt as if it  were only yesterday where Isabella was this small little baby of theirs with no care whatsoever about the world. "Won't you just stay? You're not ready for school!"

"School is very bad." Rafael added, trying to scare Isabella. He was getting desperate and childish, he was starting to realize his behavior, but he couldn't help it. "School has many monsters!"

Isabella's eyes twinkled in delight. It was like stars were embedded in her beautiful brown doe eyes. It was making everyone weak and it was making everyone's cold hearts waver. "Really? I wanna meet monsters!"

Rafael winced. This was the first time he saw a child having the desire to go to school themselves. How come she's so calm about it? The children outside of the school were bawling loudly that it echoed.

"Monsters are scary." Anthony coaxed,  hoping that Isabella was frightened by his alarming words. "Monsters bad. You safe in our home, mi cielo."

(My dear.)

"Yeah, let's just go home." Elois almost pleaded. He was really going to cry with real fat tears if his little sister is going to say that she still wants to go.

"I wanna go..." Isabella pouted, looking at the crying kids who were holding their parents. "It looks fun."

The wailings of children from a distance could be heard and everyone winced at the sound. Why did she say fun when it looks so frustrating?

Lucius, annoyed and tired at their antics, sighed, pinching the bridge of his nose. "Guys, please. Please. Stop fussing and let the poor girl go! Just let her go!"

Isabella bobbed her head adorably, agreeing with her brother dearest. She seemed happy that somebody has taken her side. "Mhmm! Lemmi go and then we all be happy!"

Who would be happy about her leaving?

Dante, who was just watching Rafael and his  sons plead, spoke up. "We'll see her later so how about letting her go for now and we—"

"We burn the school down." Elois continued Dante's cut off sentence with a gentle smile. If anyone had heard him, they would probably be appalled by his ominous words.  "And then we won't have to see her off to war."

"You know what?" Anthony hummed thoughtfully. A forbidding smile was suddenly plastered on his face. "That might be the most brilliant plan I've ever heard."

Lucius couldn't hide his shock. He couldn't help it. Anthony has finally gone crazy. "Tony? You too? How desperate are you guys? Do you know how desperate you guys sound? Have you finally lost your minds? Should I help you idiots find it?"