Chapter 51

Whoo....I'm so sorry that I haven't been updating. I feel like such a butt for it and I'm sorry but life's just....being a stinky butt to me too ರ⁠╭⁠╮⁠ರ

Okay so for those who forgot what happened at the last chapter, I'll try to explain it.

Ezri who was brought by Abuela suddenly revealed that his Isabella's brotha! (⁠ಠ⁠ ⁠ਊ⁠ ⁠ಠ⁠)⁠ᕗ He then comforted little Bella cuz she suddenly saw her best buddy, Nicolai!

Oke done <(⁠ ⁠╹⁠▽⁠╹⁠ ⁠)>

Oke, now some asked what's Ezri's past and I'm so proud that you guys are ready to torture yourselves with Ezri's past  ༎ຶ⁠‿⁠༎ຶ

For those who will be STRONK, good for you ᕙ⁠(⁠ಠ⁠ ⁠ਊ⁠ ⁠ಠ⁠)⁠ᕗ

Without further ado, lezzgo, jellybeans!!

****

Ezri: [The Past]

The minute I heard the clock ticked, I knew I had time by my side. I never had to worry about the life ahead of me. I was always so sure of everything. I had a good mother and a grandmother who always said that I'm the perfect son.

I thought I had everyone at the palm of my hands. Abuela said that life was a game but I always thought it was a play. I thought I was the puppeteer and everyone, except my dear grandmother and mother, were my sweet toys. I thought I was the mastermind. I always thought I was. Always the brilliant one, my Abuela would say with a proud smile on her face.

I always thought I always get what I wanted. But that wasn't quite true. Because what I wanted was a family. A family where there's a mother and a father. But I didn't have a father.

Mommy said he left me because they didn't want me. They wanted someone different. Someone who wasn't me. I asked why and she replied with a sad quirk of her lips and a pat on my head as she whispered her answer.

"Because you're not enough for them, love."

Not enough? What was enough then? Have I not been the perfect son? Abuela said I was. I excelled in everything. People say I'm walking towards the path where my grandmother used to walk upon.

Success.

The path of success was supposed to feel good. It was supposed to taste sweet. Something I could revel in but all it tasted was bitterness. All my success, all I worked hard on was nothing because success wasn't something I wanted. I wanted family.

I wanted my family.

And, I never got what I wanted.

But Isabella did.

'A defective person', my Abuela would tell me. 'A girl like her would never grow up to be successful with the way her father took care of her.'

In what way? With love?

I realized that love made you defective. My mother loved me because I was useful and my Abuela did too for the simple fact that I was following in her footsteps.

I realized that I wasn't the puppeteer. I was the puppet and the stage that I thought I created was actually for me. I was played and used.

And I had nothing but my family to blame.

If Isabella weren't alive then I would have had brothers, I would have had a father. I would have grown up with love. I would have felt complete. My success would have meant something and I wouldn't be used like this.