Chapter 03

"What's this?" Lucius asks when he sees Elois in the kitchen, cooking something that smelled quite rotten. He scrunched up his nose when he took a whiff of that awful smell again. It was unpleasant, something that could have probably killed a person if that were possible.

"What are you doing? Are you seriously cooking right now?" He immediately demanded. He was so conscious at the sudden gesture his brother was showing that Lucius felt like his own little brother was a threat. He suspiciously narrowed his eyes at Elois, who looked at him, offended at the questions.

"As you can see, my dearest brother," He seethes like a venomous snake who would attack while he points a wooden spoon at him threateningly. He's already expecting a cocky remark from his older brother and Elois was not having it. "I'm cooking."

Lucius scoffed. The disbelief was evident on his face.

"Oh, don't pull that face on me, Luce." Elois said, waving the wooden spoon around like it was a weapon. "This spoon is still fresh out of the boiling pot and I can kill you with this. Don't tempt me."

As if that scares him.

"Who are you?" Lucius questioned, horrified at the new information he received. Elois has never cooked, he has never entered the kitchen in his entire life, so seeing him standing in the kitchen scares Lucius more than the hot spoon in his hand. "And what have you done to my lazy, defenseless, idiotic brother? Since when did he cook? Since when did you cook?"

Elois huffed, looking more offended. "I'll have you know, Mr. Perfect-"

"What's that horrible smell?" Anthony waltz right in the kitchen with a baby in his arms. Isabella looks up when she heard other voices and she squealed at the sight of her brothers. She jumped in Anthony's hold while she waved her hand up in the air, starting to babble away.

"Well, someone's got a nice morning." Lucius said, crossing his arms. He smiled at Isabella's bright expression.

"Apparently, she's a morning person, I saw her climbing out of her crib. She's a smart little cookie." Anthony said, playfully glaring at the cheerful little girl in his arms.

Lucius smiled and swooped in to hold the said little cookie. Anthony just sighed, shaking his head. The eldest then looks at Elois with his nose all scrunched up. "Elois, are you cooking?"

"Bababa?" Isabella asks, looking at Elois.

Elois beamed while closing the stove. "I made breakf-"

"He made death."

Everyone's head snapped at Lucius and the man shrugged incredulously while his hair was getting pulled by an excited baby. His face twisted between smug and pain while he struggled with holding the frenzied demon in his arms.

"What? He-Ow! Ow! Son of a--Oi, quit pulling, you menace. Hey! Ow, ow! How you're my sister is beyond me. I don't know where you get this energy but I hate it so stop struggling, mi cariño- Anyways, he made death for breakfast."

(My dear.)

To say that Anthony wasn't amused would be a bad lie. Half of what Lucius said were dedicated for their little sister to hear, which was endearing. Isabella looked like she didn't mind his warning though. She continues to struggle to get a hold of Lucius' hair with half hearted whines.

Elois pouted but he was secretly amused at the scene before him. "It's breakfast that's meant to fill up your stomachs." He started to walk closer to Isabella but Lucius glared at him, hugging Isabella closer to him. His gaze went between Elois and the object in his youngest brother's hand.

"Drop your spoon." He ordered balefully. It could have frightened Elois if he were a normal person. That glare was foreboding and ominous and nobody should mess with a person who holds a look of a murderer.