Chapter 29

Dmitri scowled while Rafael groaned.

They both hate Romeo.

Nicolai leaned towards Isabella in confusion. "Who's the mister, Izzy?"

"Mister Romeo." Isabella looks at Nicolai in utter joy. She looked excited to see Romeo and Nicolai was wondering why. He's starting to realize that Isabella's got a big family and that she's the only girl in the house, which was weird. "He's daddy's friend."

"Let's get one thing straight here, kid. I'm your daddy's lover." Romeo rolled his eyes theatrically. "That's why he too is my dadd——"

"Continúa lo que ibas a decir y estás muerto." Anthony said, dipping his cookie in his milk.

(Continue what you were going to say and you're dead.)

Nicolai looks at Isabella in confusion. "What did he say?"

Isabella was sweating buckets. Her brother's words were not friendly. Isabella doesn't want to scare Nicolai away.

"He said that he missed Mister Romeo and that he wished him unicorns and love forever." She said before she could even think of a reasonable thing to say.

Elois coughed, choking on his milk while he drowned and laughed at the same time while Dmitri and Romeo cringed so bad that their faces were wrinkly, like old men.

Anthony was the only one still looking composed and calm.

Nicolai narrowed his eyes at her. "You're lying to me again."

"Ignorance is a bliss." Isabella chirped,  immediately ignoring Nicolai's murderous glare.

Dmitri shakes his head while Romeo looks at Isabella in confusion. "Where did you learn that, Bells?"

"Obviously from the mister crazy doctor over there who's obviously ignoring my gaze." Romeo said, walking towards them with poise and grace.

"I obviously don't want to see your face." Dmitri sang annoyingly, aggressively munching on a cookie like the cookie has killed his family.

"That poor cookie." Nicolai commented, shaking his head. Isabella nodded sympathetically.

Dmitri sighed loudly.

"Oh, you mean my wonderful face? I would have ignored my face too since it's so bright that the sun can't compete with it." Romeo smirked at the doctor while Rafael groaned. He doesn't want to be in the middle of the battlefield again.

"Who's the narcissist and who invited him here?" Nicolai asks, looking at Isabella.

And Isabella doesn't know the meaning of narcissist.

But, Anthony and Elois does because the eldest snorted at that while Elois laughed again, chocking on a cookie this time.

Romeo whips his head towards Nicolai with an offended look. "Excuse me, kid? I ain't a narcissist."

"I don't know a narcissist." Isabella butted in, looking at Nicolai in confusion.

"Thank you. Finally, someone with a brain's in the room." Romeo theatrically exclaimed at Isabella while the rest glared at him. "We don't have narcissists here."

"She's obviously saying that she doesn't know what 'narcissist' means, she's not saying that there's no narcissist here because I'm clearly seeing one and it's right in front of me."  Elois said, snickering at the deflated look on Romeo.

Anthony chuckled only.

"Okay, all of ya are plotting against me. Even this kid's plottin' against me." Romeo said, pointing at Nicolai. The man looks at Isabella. "What did you bring inside the house, kid?"