Chapter 5

Unedited

"Sir, The company is still losing a fortune on our daughter startup company." I pinched my nose to relieve some pressure that was building in my head making me recoil every 5 seconds during the conference meet.

"Susan, please lay it out for me and be specific." Susan is the head moderator of my company. Her sole work was to keep evaluating company stocks and analyze ways to uplift the value. She was handling a team that was like sitting hawks, managing all the companies under me and company stocks."

"A plummeting 20%, Sir" She hesitated while forwarding me the analysis of the day on email. Each day the stocks were analyzed to be ready for any upcoming situations. Multiple times a day.

" This is bad, Very bad." I grimaced while studying her emailed documents. After Sierra's incident, it felt like everything was crumbling right into my hand. Every day was a struggle. Keeping the investors and managing the ongoing business was a task.

Hence the deal with Mr. Peiro Agosti was important. His reputation was fierce and was called for in the market. It took me months to stabilize my father's company, but its daughter company, which was started under sierra's name, is still facing slack. It will as the entire commotion was due to her public scandal. But I had promised Madre I will bring everything back even if it meant I needed to marry that Spawn of devil Ava. My father died when I turned 20. The entire company fell on my shoulders. It took a lot of support from Madre, Mark, and Sierra to reach where I was.

My father always said." One rule you should never forget son when in need do not hesitate to lean on people you can benefit from, If they can stop your downfall then bow down and take time, Recuperate and Jump back stronger and better." I took his advice very earnestly and I will do anything to bring everything back to how it was and much better.

"Susan, follow up with the recoup team and ask Silva Metro to connect with me asap by making an appointment with me tomorrow with Anthony. I also want a full detailed report for future stock augmentations which we can achieve by strategic marketing and connect with Silva to form the report. I want his updates." I saw mark knocking and entering the office motioning me towards the next door conference room. I turned to my side to see towards the see-through mirror looking at the huge spread of people already settling down, probably waiting for me to start the meeting. I knew I wasn't visible allowing me to stand up and walk towards the mirror to scrutinize the future investors studying their body language.

"Susan, Connect with me once you are done with all the tasks I have assigned." I focused on the short guy sitting in the first chair on the right, he must be the main investor after all he was sitting on the right side of the head table. I heard Susan say something 'will do sir' or along the lines before the line beeped hanging the meet. I was too focused to read the guys before preparing my war plan against them. I wanted investment but on least interest and high capital investment.

"I think you should go on a date today," Mark announced standing in line with me watching the hoard of investors sitting around the round table. "Date? Take who?" I said dismissively. There was no one in my mind I could conjure up right now who I would waste taking to dinner to. That too in the Caribbean. Like I would ever put so many extra efforts in a foreign country taking a girl out on a date.

"Ava, Take her on a date." He replied still composed and looking through glass. The glass was lined from the conference room with a black mirror making it opaque to my temporary office. "I think the Caribbean's has taken a toll on your head mark. Get yourself checked up." I replied scrunching my face. The thought itself made me throw up in my mouth. If Ava as good for anything it was rough fuck and nothing else.

"Aiden, this is the only way you can get rid of her." He turned towards me giving all of his attention to the topic of discussion. " Listen to me at least." He pleaded to try to help me.