Chapter 27

Unedited ......ENJOY

The turmoil inside me was growing every passing second, reminding me of my mistake, again and again, not leaving a single resting moment. If I thought I could sleep even a little, then my body and mind didn't agree with me, the wheels kept churning in my head as Ace never gave me an option. Chiding myself again for calling him Ace I reminded myself he was never the Ace I thought he was.

"You thinking about his proposition, aren't you." It was the broken voice of my father. His turmoil was visible in his words, even with my back I could hear his pain.

"You know he didn't give me a choice dad, I am savoring my last moments of peace before the storm." I squeaked slowly.

"But who said you don't have a choice, you can always choose yourself, I trust you Aylin, I know I didn't show my emotions often through your growing years but if there is someone who can outdo my efforts and uplift the Williams business then it is you."  What should have been the emotions behind his words were not the same for me anymore. His words meant my strength was to protect my family from this impediment we were facing as a family.

"Dad, can we have our family dinner with the same ritual as before?" I spoke still facing the window not turning back. I need to harden my emotions, control my feelings, my family needed me.

Even if I was a cruel person, I still couldn't do this to them, he would not only destroy my brother's whole life but also our entire empire.

"Ok I will gather everyone around." he left leaving me alone with my painfully disturbing thoughts.

#################################################

"Are you guys kidding? Are that Pork ribs I see?" I sounded excited, I was determined to not make my family feel the brunt of my actions. We never ate those, except for grand feasts and parties and holidays. So today was definitely an exception. My mother was strictly on a no-carb, high-protein diet. and anything that was remotely fatty was never in our meal except special meals. And looks like it was a special deal.

"Yeah I personally asked our head chef to prepare your favorite meals today, It is your day back sweetheart." The warm faces that greeted me satisfied my hunger, the food long gone from my mind.

"So How far is the treatment Dad, I want to be included now in every detail from now on. Please take me with you for the next appointment Dad." I ordered sternly looking at my father. The thought he might not stay with us forever was bugging me.

"I promise you, I will take you to all of them. I have my regular check-up tomorrow morning, do you want to come?" My father inquired.

I saw both my mother and brother pretending to eat happily but as of now when they realized I wasn't looking they looked grim.

"You are not accepting his offer for my life Aylin. That's final I won't let that happen." My brother startled everyone at the grand dining table, as he stood roughly cluttering his cutlery on the ground as they broke into small pieces.

"Relax Jordan, I am not accepting that evil man's offer. I have thought of another way. That's the reason I want us to have this dinner together."

"No you are not accepting his offer that's ......" Jordan stopped midway realizing I said the same thing.

"Tomorrow morning before dad's appointment I have decided to meet Seira." I watched as my brother's facial expressions changed.

"How did you know where she is?" I looked at my parents knowing well enough all of us already knew but we were strictly prohibited to inform Jordan by his psychiatrist in rehab. She was his trigger.