Chapter 58

UNEDITED

****************************************************

Perhaps life's greatest irony is that the heart's deepest yearnings often remain trapped behind the bars of circumstance.

I held profound emotions about my reactions, but Aiden saw me not as Aylin, an adult. To him, I resembled a child upset over a denied candy. However, that wasn't the reality. I was truly disturbed. I yearned for a life where I held my own authority.

"Aylin, remember, you're carrying a child. Your actions impact the life within you." Madre's words echoed while I gazed out the window at my cherished spot within the vast Hollywood mansion.

A touch on my shoulder caused me to turn and find my mother standing there.

"She's correct. I support Aiden's choice to ensure our safety. We can't step out without a team of guards." The frustration was justified, but my perspective seemed lost on them.

"I won't fight. I give you all my word." I addressed the entire assembly in my room—every member from both families present.

"I believe Seira and I should initiate our college journey. With her here, I want to begin our life promptly." Jordan voiced his thoughts while resting a hand on Seira's shoulder.

"None of us take any action until Aiden grants permission. That's the end of it." We wore solemn expressions, but Madre's stance was undeniable. With unanimous nods, the room emptied, even Jordan left with Seira in his embrace.

"I've got news for you." I turned to find Mark still stationed in the center of my room. "You didn't leave," I remarked, moving towards my table and retrieving my studs. I placed them in my right ear before repeating the process on my left.

"You've got a special message." I glanced at him through the mirror.

"And what might that be?" I pivoted, draping my coat from the rack around myself, cinching the belt to fend off the chill.

"Aiden will meet you at the Battelo at 4 o'clock sharp." My breath caught, and I inhaled sharply, my anticipation realized.

"Oh my god..." I dashed toward Mark, embracing him tightly.

"I'll be there, punctual at 4, very punctual," I rambled with excitement.

#########################

The cafe offered a panoramic view of the sea, devoid of other customers. Likely, Aiden had secured the entire space for privacy, a routine measure for us lately.

"Aylin." A deep, masculine voice sent shivers down my spine, invigorating and unsettling me simultaneously.

I remained still, my focus on the water below, an effort to suppress the urge to turn and embrace him as if we'd been apart for years, despite it being less than 24 hours.

"You won't hug me," he observed, his proximity warming my back.

"You managed to make me appear foolish in front of the entire family yesterday," I retorted with feigned annoyance.

A gentle laugh resonated in the cafe as his hands landed on my shoulders, his touch a soothing massage. "There's much you don't comprehend, Aylin."

I hmphed at his playful comment, interpreting it as a sign of his playful nature. He settled across from me as the chef approached, a warm smile gracing their face.

"What may I prepare for Mr. and Mrs. Hollywood?" My cheeks flushed as I subtly averted my gaze, hoping to hide my blush.

"Nothing for me. How about you, Aylin?" Aiden's patient inquiry compelled me to meet his gaze, his eyes fixed expectantly on me.